6th Annual DRN Fox Valley Offroad Ride - June 21-23 '07!!

B

biglou

I seem to have the touch for rainouts lately. :(

And I was gonna stop at the BP there in Ottawa and pick up some Kraft Singles to throw at you guys when I pulled in, too. That would have been hilarious. If you are a dork, that is. And most of us are! :laugh:

Maybe try again later in the summer?

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
great times! Great riding (about 4 gallons worth), great friends. We really got into the trail riding/hill climbing this year. No hills like that here, so somewhat of a novelty for us. Track was fun too, for some reason the most fun I had was on the little RM, and the test ride on the 500 (my "medium sized" 250 just seemed sort of boring to ride on the track).

Friday, the trails were pretty slippery, making the downhills pretty "hairy"...I was going down one of them, started to pick up too much speed with semi-locked brakes and was losing control, about that time I saw the slide marks in the mud and realized that is the hill I fell down on, the same way, earlier. Duh! Would have been easy to just wait for the dirt to dry out, but enjoyed the added challenge of the mud.

The campfire Friday night was fun, but I couldn't stay awake. Then, couldn't sleep when I went to bed. Go figure. Seemingly hours after I couldn't hear any voices, peeked out the tent door and saw Chopper Dave out hanging around the fire still...wish I could have stayed up with him. That was about the time it started raining, and didn't stop (may still be raining there for all I know). We loaded up in the rain.

Learned something new about tenting...I had always tried to find a flat spot to set up the tent...this time I ended up on a gentle hill. When it rained and the tent leaked a bit (as they always seem to), the leakage just ran down to the lower corner, not getting my stuff wet at all. Rain is not all bad, it cut the dust and it was fun to lay there in the tent and listen to it.

Lou, we were really bummed that you turned around, but it was probably for the best with all the rain and storms.

Thanks Wardy, and thanks to all the "spodes" for being so cool to hang around and ride with...the people make the event!

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Dang it!

I knew it was going to be tough reading about how much fun was had. Especially when I'm going to be in the vicinity next weekend!

Glad you all, (except Lou, of course,) had a great time.

Then Lou, if you had just left a few hours earlier, and made that right hand turn ahead of the front, right?

The stars will line up correctly one day, I am certain!

Like they say, those struggles that don't kill us, make us stronger.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
sorry i couldn't hang out more, was on a tight schedule this week! LOU try to make another "thumper race" this year! of course leave that rain at home!!!. Glad to get to see everyone this year again, might be more changes for next season, have to see. at least one day turned out good for conditions, it can be pretty nasty with the amount of rain we got this weekend.

maybe next time I can ride some......LOL haven't rode there in like 4 years. HA!

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Wardy, thanks for everything :cool:
I left the key in the office on the table in front of the giant digital clock.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Thanks Wardy for letting us hang out at your place! Friday was awesome. I haven't crashed this much in my entire riding life...
AJ, thanks for letting me drop your 500 too...I knew I shouldn't have rode it...now I'm probably going to have to spend some money to get one. Never thought I'd like a 5 in the woods, man that thing ruled....and if I do get one, just wait until I get to hang it out on the ice!!
Mully = The SWAMP MONSTER....can't wait to see those pics.

Sorry megacross got rained out, Hunter was all jazzed to go race. We decided to not attend the trials event on Sunday either, I guess I just got tired of all the rain. Funny thing is...it never rained here in WI....not a drop.

Great seeing evryone, hope you all had a good trip back...Chopperless Dave, thanks for not burning down my awning ;)

Cheers,

Wolf

BUK0138

Sponsoring Member
Mar 29, 2001
Good Times ..Good rides :ride: ...wish we could have pushed off the rain another day :bang:
Dave if I find anymore of your stuff that the Chocolate Terrorist took at the camp fire ... I will send it back :laugh: Good to see you ....all .... cant wait till next year!

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
A few thoughts..............................

Wardy, THANK YOU !!!!! Your place is a blast to ride.

Dave, great to have finally met you in person. I need to head your way for a ride sometime. I have a few other buds in the area that can show us some good trails.

Sparky, good to see you again.

Walt, thank you for the spoon. It would have been tough to eat my morning cereal with a fork.

Motometal, fun hill climbing with you. Or should I say Hill sliding. :whoa:

zoomer, good to see you and the family. Hard to believe how much your kids have grown.

Wolfy, no one can do the log pile two step like you (and not just once). When can I expect to see "Gunther" in the results page of Cycle news for the world Trials Bike Series ??

Nikki and Red, good to see you two. Now that I have that Motor-cross bike thingy figured out I just may try a moto in the near future.

AJ, Thanks for the letting me try the x. Too much fun. Roselawn is August 12, hope you can make it.

And to all the puppies, woof woof grrrrrrrrr woof

Mully

PS:
How many dirt bikers does it take to get a bike un-stuck from a mud hole ??

Five.
Three to pull it out, and two to take pictures. :)

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Yea thanks again Wardy, super job on the watering once again, perfect wed/thur/friday. Oh well saturday turned out wet, but by then I was toast, and the kids,..never mind, they never run out of energy.

Mully, your in luck, can't seem to find the camera. seems Luke was in to much of a hurry to get back and get on AJs 150/250 that he forgot exactly where he put the camera :bang: still looking, ....any body see a little brown dog taking any pictures while having a cocktail and smoking a cigarette?
Thanks all, and nice seeing everybody again, and meeting the new ones.

Also left my white high quality plastic chair there. Hope someone was able to give it a good home.

Thanks for pulling me out Corey, so much for the chains.
Guess I'll have to follow Old Guys lead and invest in a 4x4 someday.

Thanks again Wardy for all your effort. Sorry to see you had to cancel sat night.

See you all later.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Mully "mud" Mullendorf said
Five.
Three to pull it out, and two to take pictures.

hey we did jump in and get muddy with ya afterall LOL

See Dirt Bike rule # 83

83. If noone is dying,or near death, then photo opportunities , before rescue.

always.

;)

Zoomer may have misplaced his camera,but there are a few photos laying about here somwhere...

Last edited:

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
LOL, the only thing that was dieing was my dignity. :rotfl:

Funny thing is, five minutes before I got stuck you and I were talking about people in California breaking down or getting stuck and just leaving their bikes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :whoa:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
I would have pulled you out Mully but I guess I went up the wrong trail

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
still trying to get the appropriate fundage out of mully for them to never appear in public.. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
AJ Waggoner said:
still trying to get the appropriate fundage out of mully for them to never appear in public.. ;)

I knew it..............Ok, How much ?????? :)

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Sorry Mully, I got more from the other guys to put them up :p

Attachments

• Almost  there.JPG
    Almost there.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 354
  • do you need help.JPG
    do you need help.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 252
  • little farther.JPG
    little farther.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 250

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
OOPS found the camera and some more pictures :laugh:
Wolf AJ and Mully doing there best to push the KTM in the hole

Attachments

• mud test.JPG
    mud test.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 274
  • on three.jpg
    on three.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 232

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Look at all that CLEAN plastic! Mully, it looks like you just 'staged' those photos by pushing the bike backwards into the mud! ;)

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
You could stand one foot either side of my bike on solid ground, or at least solid enough not to sink up to your knees. I rode through earlier without a problem but as soon as I am done for the day and heading back to the truck look what happens............... :rotfl:

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Huge thanks again to Wardy and fam for the great track/trails!

Mike, I left your high quality white plastic chair by a tree! Bet Corey gets good use out of it.

Note for next year; watch out for the chocolate clepto lab, and Wolf and the log pile! :nod:

Great to meet AJ and Greg and see their sick creations up-close! Jack and some other new faces showed up, very cool!!!

What a mud-hole! No wonder Wolf came back and got on the trials bike.

Campfire fun and frivolity! We'll just leave it at that!

Quote of the year for Wardy's 07:

"If you've seen one hairy nipple, you've seen 'em all!" (Mully)

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
.... interesting reading about an event I should not have missed.....

about that rain and flooding tents..... anybody remember DW 2 ... Billy digging an irrigation trench around his tent?

gee, I miss DW.... maybe next year? at least for the 10th anniversary of DRN? in 2009? hmmm... I will not quit riding until after that....maybe.

Top Bottom