tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Grant even "Sandbags in the FES. (Just beating on you Grant)
Awesome trail, Great turnout and surrounded by good people all weekend.
Thanks to all the helpers and riders!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Just got a report from the field, allot of the course raking & seeding is done. Man we have great volunteers. Found another kickstarter on the course if you know who it was that lost one let me know. Someone had said they lost one.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
tdunn976 said:
Grant even "Sandbags in the FES. (Just beating on you Grant)
Awesome trail, Great turnout and surrounded by good people all weekend.
Thanks to all the helpers and riders!

What was the rider, "X" and "P" count? It looked like a nice turn out to me.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Trail was fantastic. Thanks to everyone who help on the event.

If anyone has a picture of the kid, on minute 27, as he took out the canopy and Bryan Marsh, please forward to me. The boy's mother wants a copy.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Fred T said:
What was the rider, "X" and "P" count? It looked like a nice turn out to me.
148 scored riders. Not sure on the count of support riders, but based on the stack of entries, I have to believe it was at least 1/3 of that.... I'd guess over 200 riders on the trail total.

I want to thank all those volunteers who helped make this event happen.... I'm sure it took a lot to get an enduro hosted in town, and on land where ORVs are normally never allowed to ride. It was also great to see all those that came to help work a check.

:cool:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I don't know who that is. Have them give me a call if it is theirs.
WR, I know it scared Bryan.

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Great event! Thanks to all for putting in the time and effort to please so many! Trail was awesome! Thanks too, to those who sponsor the hot dogs and chips, seems to always be a hit at the Arbour Day event :) And, as always, a big thanks to Mr Smith on the quick scoring.

Rivard809

Oct 8, 2009
Hey, this is Erin... Wondering if there were any more protests after the first re-posting of scores. Looks like I moved down a spot after double checking the scores and leaving for home yesterday..

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
There was a correction made to Kerry's score during protest (backup books were checked to verify). Not all final printouts were reposted... Our ink cartridge was running dry, and we needed to get Virginia a printout for trophy presentation.

BTW, great video of you on the trail... Looking pretty smooth slithering through the single track.

Last edited:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Thanks to all of the participants who used the staging area. I just went up to check it out and see how much litter I had to pick up. None in our staging area but I picked up a bag full in the horse area. I sure made my job easier. Thanks again.

MuddyBuddy

Nov 1, 2006
We had a great time and thanks so much to all the people who make it happen! I guess it's time for me to figure out how to keep time so I don't burn all my checks next time...and refrain from punching checkers in the arm for their sarcastic remarks!!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
MuddyBuddy said:
We had a great time and thanks so much to all the people who make it happen! I guess it's time for me to figure out how to keep time so I don't burn all my checks next time...and refrain from punching checkers in the arm for their sarcastic remarks!!

Ohhhhhh! Looks like a dodged a bullet, but my arms are always bruised anyway so whats another one.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Well it didn't take long for the MTB to "poach" the trail, took a long lunch and Deb & I pulled ribbon from two sections and the MTB have been down the trails already.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Awesome event - stellar trail. Thanks YamaHunt for the pickup ride back to staging. Grant/Fred/Nate thanks for getting the message to Hunt/Spence. :cool:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Sal, so what happened on you last lap? Packing fall out of your A$$.......

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
... The T&R arrows were VERY easy to see on the trail; glad to see them used north the border. And the different colored background on row labels for "P" riders was an excellent idea.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
What kind of bike were you riding? :laugh:

Dad will be mad! :)

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Finished walking and pulling ribbons and finished closeing the trail tonight. Thanks to everyone who helped with the closure process. Just an FYI the mountain bikes are already using it.

Kx85Krazy

Mar 14, 2008
I find it funny that we're going to have an ARBOR DAY ride, while we pollute the air with toxins. Anyways, hope all goes well. :)

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Kx85Krazy said:
I find it funny that we're going to have an ARBOR DAY ride, while we pollute the air with toxins. Anyways, hope all goes well. :)
This group has planted over 50,000 trees and left less carbon foot print then most polititians screaming global warming!
Thousands of hours of forest clean up and miles and miles of adopt-a-highway clean-up. We are probably more in tune with environmental issues then most. Members sit on the forest management advisory committee, Michigan Conservation Summit members, MUCC members, Duck Unlimited, Land of the lakes, etc... We end up paying for illegal trail use caused by environmentally friendly none motorized recreation users.

What do you do for Arbor Day?

Last edited:
Top Bottom