TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Give it a rest rat.

marcusgunby said:
I hope so and every single time people count out Reed he comes back to prove them wrong, he may well loose to RC this season but no one can say he doesnt try and give everything he has, i dont think hes mentally beat as yet-he doesnt really seem to do this-even when Bubba came past him out doors he still carries on and improves and learns, if RC has crashed 3 times in 2 weeks (once in a heat race)that doesnt show he has the situation under full control by a long way.......RC doesnt crash alot and the season is his to be won or lost.

If it wasnt for Reeds performance out doors last year(where people said he didnt have the speed to even see RC) and this seasons SX effort we would have the most boring season on record.

I'm with you on that Marcus. Even if Reed doesn't win the Championship, he's the only one so far you can match RC's pace. You've got to give him credit for that.

RC only bobbles and crashes when he's under pressure, and that's exactly what CR is applying.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Super rat you may be right that KW is more talented but the problem he has is using that talent consistently. RC has more then talent he has heart and is willing to hang it all out in order to win. He is convinced that 2nd is not an acceptable option

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
mtk said:
That's a day. He rides 160 laps a day.

:think: I know you are in the know mtk, but that just dosen't sound right. The last video of him I saw on twmx showed his practice track and said the lap times were in the two minute range. So, 160 laps X ~2 min. = 5.3 hours on the bike every day. That sound right to you? If the lap times were closer to one minute that's still over 2.5 hours per day. Just doesn't add up, but Ricky is an animal, and it is possible I guess. :think:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I could see 160 laps a day. Firgure he does 20 laps together and rests for 15 to 30 minutes then does another set. Not much more than an 8 hour day if the lap times are closer to a minute. Maybe?

RC rides over the edge to win. I think that is why he doesnt look as smooth the past 2 races. Causes him to crash more. CR has been riding just to the edge and stays there. Looks really smooth but he needs to cross edge if he wants to win.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Give it a rest rat.

After all the crap I got for sticking up for RC, way back before there was a bandwagon? Fat chance. These are things that I've actually read here.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Rat, stop the waste of bandwidth trolling. We all know your face is buried in RC's anus. Go play elsewhere. Wow, you got a reply from the DRN admin, is that good enough?

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Come on dude, I've been around here for 5 years nothing has changed with me, I the same guy I've always been, a bit of a ball buster and a big fan of the sport. It's your site, if you're over my stuff tell me to bugger off and i will.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
Reed is a fast learner though and he's really improved his game... Reed's got heart and determination and he does seem to get pretty steamed to get beat but instead of letting it destroy him mentally he finds ways to improve and you can see it every week. However, RC is flat out beating Reed.

I used to really like KW but after reading an article about him last week his comments answered alot of questions and kind of changed my perception of him...He was asked why he didn't go to the Canadian rounds and he said that he wouldn't get paid any money and "I'm a pro and I don't ride for free." Well KW, no wonder you're not winning with that kind of attitude...KW can ride but without heart he's not going to match Reed's and RC's pace...KW was talking about finding tenths of a second per lap but after looking at the lap times it's more like KW needs to find seconds per lap...Wasn't KW like 27 seconds down by the end of the race ?

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
Rat, put down the crack pipe as it's affecting your brain. RC's "riding over his head" has given him two perfect seasons, a slew of championships, and made him the winningest rider in AMA history. You're either very biased or just plain stupid if you think KDub is a better rider.

As for RC's 160 laps a day, I'm not "in the know" at all, other than I've heard that on several shows or interviews with him. His track is longer than any on the AMA circuit (by design) and he rides 160 laps a day on it. He also does them in 40-lap "races," i.e. double-length motos. Plus he pounds out the miles on his road bicycle for conditioning. As for taking five or more hours a day, I don't doubt that it does. I wouldn't doubt he puts in 12-hour days on a regular basis. He's a professional racer; this is his job and he takes it quite seriously. He doesn't "go to work" every day in the sense that the rest of us poor slobs do. However, I'd bet a paycheck that he puts in more time every day "working" than most of us do at our jobs. It just so happens that his "job" is riding a dirt bike. But that dedication and drive is 1) why he wins, and 2) why factories offer him fat, seven-figure contracts.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
John that is what it looked like. I think CR was already on the podium and RC was half way through his victory lap when KW crossed the finish line. CR is the only threat to RC at this time. I would have loved to have seen five different riders win a sx race this year. However it appears that we are going to have to be content with 3. Even if one took an act of nature to happen. I am hoping the Daytona SX looks a little different, maybe some of these other guys can step up and fight for a spot on the podium. Does anyone else think that due to RC small size his heart is just proportionally bigger? :) I think his grade school years may have been rough, so he now whips everybody's a**! :nener:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Rat, put down the crack pipe as it's affecting your brain. RC's "riding over his head" has given him two perfect seasons, a slew of championships, and made him the winningest rider in AMA history. You're either very biased or just plain stupid if you think KDub is a better rider.

Ouch! Hooked and reeled. ;)

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I can't figure out which is bigger, RC's heart or his ba**s.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
RC's not that good, he just rides over his head, gets lucky and rides away. Kdub's way more talented.

I think in RC's earlier years you can see that he definitely paid his dues for riding on the edge. I do somewhat agree though....RC will hang it out on the ragged edge and not eat it more consistantly than Reed.

Reed is a damn good rider. He can post lap times as fast if not faster. But the consistancy thing is what allows RC to win. YOu go all out on the ragged edge and RC can pull it off more consistantly than Reed. But Reed proved in San Diego that he -can- do it on occasions.

Does anyone ever wonder about the extra motivation when you are in 2nd place and on the hunt. In San Diego Reed was following RC the entire race and finally got him in the end. Now in Atlanta RC was following Reed the entire race and finally got him in the end. Seems like the 2nd place guy can push just a tad harder here and there when you are on the hunt.

Can't argue with RC's skills...but I'll be pullin for Reed. Also can't wait for Bubba to inject a shot of adrenaline into these races!!!

Micah

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom