Status
Not open for further replies.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Dead battery?? After spending $200 on the I-Cat, there's probably not much left over.

Confucious say: Man with new I-Cat, kick start lever harder, bike start quick, now won't have to kick self. ;)

Last edited:

ncmountainman

Nov 13, 2004
confucious??

confucious say "wunsosilly who open mouth before wunknow whole story" i kick it becouse thats the only way,i race this bike in HS and any one who has ever rode a wr can attest to the fact that they are toooo heavy! after serious reduction(which included the starter and battery) i'm down 23 lbs !!! now i've added 7 back so thats a net gain of 16 less lbs :yeehaw: o.k. know your gonna say well why didn't ya just buy a yz? here goes, 5 speed,larger radiators,18" r. wheel, more tractable exhaust cam, oh ya did i mention 5 speed? well anyhoo i reckon you folks already know everything there is to know so you'all can kiss my hairy a$$ :moon: :nener: :laugh: :ride:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Wow, maybe you should investigate sponsorship from SplitFire & Engine Ice (and Nair). :laugh:

I don't claim to know everything but I know people that sure do know a lot more than what the wrapper on a package tells them they should believe. :clue:

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Confucious say: better to have dyno chart, than to listen to some old fart. :)

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I think some people are missing the point, were not saying it doesnt do anything, we just was some evidance of it doing something-i dont think thats too much to ask?

More things to think about,
Does RC have one on his bike?
Does bubba?
Does Chad?
Does Everts?
Does a F1 car use it? F1 isnt known to miss out on performace for the sake of $200, even if it was just a saving on fuel of 1% they would love it as it would allow them to run further.
Do any rally cars run it?

can anyone answer these questions?

muddy226

Sponsoring Member
Sep 14, 2003
marcusgunby said:
Do you trust a guy without a dyno or a guy with?? thats the question:)
Like I said - Confucious didn't have a dyno :) I trust dyno's, but it doesn't mean I don't trust anything else. I think my i-cat works for me, so I am quite ready to believe that it may work for others also. I didn't pay full price for mine, but how much I paid for it makes no difference to my opinion. If anything, the more one pays for an item the more disappointed one might be if it didn't work, and the louder would be the cries of anguish. The only thing is, I wish I knew how it worked. I always thought that once the charge was lit, thats all the spark had to do. I tried Splitfire plugs a few years ago, and they definitely didn't work for me. Anyhow, I have done lots of reading on MacDizzys site and still don't see how the i-cat might work. I still think it does though, and would like to see a few people try it on the track before dismissing it as a con.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Id like to see inside one. Can't be much, as there's not alot of room. I wonder if you broke it open, you could go down to Radio Shack and make one for under 20 bucks???

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I wish i had the time ,technology, bike , parts etc to test the ICAT and others like it more than i have,but we are all very limited on how far we can go on this type of thing.

When the better weather comes maybe i will get to try one on a track, however im planning to buy a 05 RMZ and they have such good power compared to even a fully modded 125 its not the main thing i will be looking at, i will be dialing in the suspension mainly.

Steve i cant imagine theres much in side, as its on the high tension side and im no expert :clue: but i cant see discrete componants lasting long in that enviroment.

ncmountainman

Nov 13, 2004
Patman said:
Wow, maybe you should investigate sponsorship from SplitFire & Engine Ice (and Nair). :laugh:

I don't claim to know everything but I know people that sure do know a lot more than what the wrapper on a package tells them they should believe. :clue:
:bang: i hate to tell you but nair worked, you can ask the two freshmen we nuked with it in high school. and i also use engine ice just for the fact it is non-toxic. splitfire? couldn't tell you,looks good in theory. there is more than one way to skin a cat,just cuz it ain't your way is no need to fly off the deep end. and if i went any further down on the pilot it would be too lean. and a hotter plug would run too hot,a hotter plug just determines the amount of heat transfer to the cylinder head,not a greater spark. so apparantly i will just be content with my performance gains and not worry about the people who have it all figured out! and let me get this straight theres no santa but there is a tooth fairy?? :ugg: and from what i can gather its a capacitor in series with an inductor . probably is only $20 worth of parts but in a useable package its worth it to me. if you all break down the parts of the computor your using it might not be worth $50 but let some east indians put it in a useable package its suddenly worth $500 how many of you have made your own computers???

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Me :)and they cost just as much these days to build from parts as to buy-in fact if you bought genuine software it costs more to build your own.But it isnt really the point.
You say your happy but most people wont be if they pay $200 for $20 of parts.

You at one end of the arguement and were at the other, i still see no data showing anything-why dont they have any?

FMF produce dynos of the parts performance and some even show the pipes dont make much of a difference, i would trust them a little more than ICAT.

i guess in 10 pages more i will be saying the same thing, its just some of us dont immediatly believe initial riders opinions as we have seen the trends before,
1 its the best
2 its ok but i wouldnt buy another
3 its junk and a total waste
it takes normally around a season to get from 1 to 3.

ncmountainman

Nov 13, 2004
listen you freakin' morons the dang thing starts easier its not in my head its not on the dyno but it is there in different conditions at different altitudes .....all the time. i didn't expect any hp gains all i wanted was easier starting . who is the idiot that says to lean it out and put in a hotter plug? oh ya that will work t'ill i melt it down!!! i reckon you'll listen to him...i'm done with you close minded morons (and yes you've pissed me off enough to resort to name calling,but if the shoe fits) if you think i'm some sort of gadget justifier just because i spent 190 bucks on something,your dead wrong(i really could give a crap about $190 if it did something worthy) . i've got a bike that does what i want when i want and that is a small price to pay to alleviate 5 min of kicking after a stall during a race. maybe i do need a 2 smoke (woulda definately been cheaper) but i kinda like the power delivery of the 450,its almost 2 strokish but with all the torque one might need! i don't know whats not to believe when i tell you it starts easier? its a big difference not just a small one.. well i give up. oh man why did i ever buy this piece of crap? i really should of asked some of the well informed people with dynos on this forum first. what was i thinking????????? and last i knew a computer was made from hardware!!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Not sure why you've found the need to let this get personal for you, If it does what you wanted to get out of it then you should be pleased with your purchase. Because others don't agree that it was the best use of those dollars should be of little importance to you since your happy. The others are simply offering the other perspective of the device and it's perceived shortcomings, Muddy's got the right approach he like those on the other side agree to disagree as he's also happy with his I-cat.

When you mature and want to enter other debates without taking offense when someone won't take your opinion as gospel simply because you worked on race cars or jet engines feel free to come back and see us.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
ncmountainman said:
listen you freakin' morons who is the idiot that says to lean it out and put in a hotter plug? oh ya that will work t'ill i melt it down!!!

That would be dbrace, and hes an I-Cat dealer in Australia :rotfl:

Hey good for you, your bike starts quicker and I could care less. My debate has always been, why does'nt it make measureable power, something a dyno can see?

elf

Jun 7, 2003
Nobody said your bike would not start better or that your throttle responce would not be better. They have been saying that there is no proof that shows the I-cat makes more power, thats all. I am sure we all disagree with some of the stuff posted on these forums but, thats no reason to go bananas :yeehaw:
BTW we have 4 computers in my house that my son assembled with parts he bought, for about half the price the same thing would have cost at a retailer.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I dont normally like winding people up on the net but ncmountainman i take exeption to you, its kindof fun.Keep on barking , im sure many people are impressed with your calm down to earth reasoning.

ncmountainman

Nov 13, 2004
woof,woof :) o.k. so i'm happy. that is all that really matters isn't it. trying to share the wealth? well ,i guess i just ain't got it in me to endure the skeptisism. so this will be my last comment on the subject; in the immortal words of mikey"try it you'll like it" :cool:

Last edited:

kuritaro9

Nov 7, 2004
keep it up ncmountainman,if you tell enough people,someone will eventually try one and ultimately be a happy person :cool:
i too have tried one and i like it.it doesn't make any more power,but it makes the exsisting power easier to get and use.$200 ain't that much to pay.i know others pay upwards of $600 for a full exhaust system while the actual material to make it costs about $75. :nener: as for the skeptics,the weakest dog always barks the loudest... :moon:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Show of hands...
(1) how many morons here riding 4 strokes know where there valve lash is?
(2) how many morons here know what makes a bike start easy?
(3) how many morons here can explain the "theory" (the one that sounds good) behind Splitfire plugs?
(4) how many morons here think that at least one individual in this thread has absolutely no credibility now, no matter what the future subjects may be?
(5) how many of you morons will run out and buy an I-cat due to the credible evidence of it's worth that has been scientifically laid out for us all to enjoy?

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
kuritaro9 said:
it doesn't make any more power,but it makes the exsisting power easier to get and use.

It sounds more like a flywheel weight, in this description.

Like one of those kitchen helpers, it slices and dices, grinds and peels :) Cuts moms hair too :nener:

kuritaro9

Nov 7, 2004
steve125 said:
It sounds more like a flywheel weight, in this description.

Like one of those kitchen helpers, it slices and dices, grinds and peels :) Cuts moms hair too :nener:

hey, i have one of those :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom