CRF450R vs. YZ426

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Re: Re: Re: CRF450R vs. YZ426

Originally posted by RoadRash
I applaud Tolson for posting here after all the cr@p he has gotten. These types of posts only serve to scare off other guests/members.

GOOD A DRN free of people schilling for MXA or the other worthless dirt rags sounds like a good place to me.

Have a tag day for Tim if you like but take his posts for what they are worth.
Respect has to be EARNED, it's not a birth rite.

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Originally posted by Tolson
If had to spend my own hard earned money I'd go with the Honda.

Amazing that some of you can take this post and claim it to be a pro-Yamaha post, simply because the guy had the nerve to say the Honda wasn't "perfect." Quite a stretch, fella's.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Why doesn't everyone just wait and see? The topic is new Honda -4 vs. Yamaha 4. How many of us have ridden the new Honda? I would guess ZERO. (just a guess though).

One of the reasons DRN is so great is we get the rider's opinions on bikes and products.

Sometime in October actual DRN members, not paid publications, will give their reviews on the CRF450. They will, I am sure, compare it to the Yamaha 426, and KTM 400/520, and the Husabergs, etc. Then we can all sift through the actual experiences and come up with our opinions. Or, better yet, maybe we can all ride the bikes and see/feel for ourselves.;)

will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
tim-

you got stones, man, i have to give you that. i respect that you had the moxie to post, although i wish you had included a bit more detail. however, it's a beginning, and i am curious to see if you or anybody else from mxa will address a few other things that have been...shall we say...less than helpful with respect to the magazine's credibility.

for example, when is mxa going to stop saying ridiculous things like pulling the decomp lever with the motor turning will crash the valves on your yz thumper? or that it is actually possible to overtighten your rear axle nut? as a 3 year owner of a number of yz 400/426's and a mechanical engineer who has heard of things like bearing spacers, i find your technical content a bit...lacking.

and what about kayaba fork seals and cracking yamaha gas tanks? everybody in reality-land knows the problems with the first, yet you guys never address them except with poorly detailed articles about how to clean them or install new seals...so they can leak again, and again, and again. you rag on yamaha all day for having graphics that come off within seconds, yet their piss-poor engineering decision to reduce the tank wall thickness and send all of us looking for warranty help before we turn into human candles has never been mentioned even once. i guess the real gas tank issues are the fact that you can't see how much gas a kx has in it, but that even though you can in a ktm, their translucent plastic is just too ugly for california, huh? my bad.

do i even need to talk about the negative tone you take with regard to cannondale or any racers that you don't feel are up to your moral and athletic standards? or the ama? or whatever? i think you get the message. i hope you get the message, because mxa could be better, and better at conveying the idea that you guys are actually participating in the same sport we are. consumer advocacy is one thing, but keep it real. to use mxa's own term, stop being such a naysaying nabob of negativity!

John.T

Aug 2, 2001
WHAT bugs me about MXA is in their coolant article they tell you to change the coolant ONCE A MONTH WHO DOES THAT!!!! But my honda manual says every 2 years:think Hmm I wonder who I will believe?

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I hear Kawasaki is gonna buy Cannondales motorcycle as a short cut to four stroke dominance.

My question is this, if they buy enough ad space will they be bike of the year? Will they beat the new Honda CRF? If I buy enough ad space can I be rider of the year?

Your response is eagerly awaited.

John.T

Aug 2, 2001
Hey taraker I am in it for 10000 bucks if you want to pitch in!!! We can take shots of you and me on my 5*7 wood trailer and we can be privateer team of the year!!:D

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
You know what, take that 10K and do something useful for our fellow man. The guy gave HIS opinion, if you don't like it-start your own thread and move on.

Oh yeah, and I've got my asbestos underoos on right now, as I know that opinions aren't welcomed if they go against "The Flow". Come on fellas, there are a hell of a lot bigger issues going on right now other than "Gee, why won't (insert your least favorite mag here) put in print what I would like to see?"

Go ride, go help our brothers and sisters hurting right now, but please quit reading the mag so you guys can go on a whine session afterwards. Or as I've suggested before-come out with something better.:silly:

Sorry, just a little more than grumpy today. I'll get over it-maybe the glow of Afghanistan lit up like the Statue of Liberty's torch will help.

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Wade
Or as I've suggested before-come out with something better.:silly:

Seems to me that is exactly what DRN accomplishes for the most part.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
As much as I like a healthy debate with you Rich, I would have to agree.

But I still wait for my MXA every month as I have done for the past 19 years. What can I say? I'm a junkie-now let me know about those Sidi boots that I PM'd you about. Thanks Rich!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I used to wait with great anticipation for the latest issue of DB and MXA too . It sucks that they've taken that away from me and so many others. Oh well, as long as Tim's rent gets paid I guess it's OK :silly:

I got the PM and posted in the thread you referenced. I hope it helps.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Well, we all have to make a living-Tim is no exception. I'll go ahead and keep buying the mags. You know, every squirrel's gotta get a nut and I just wouldn't feel right if I quit feeding them after all of these years!

Top Bottom