D14 Mx

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
I was way up high in 625 at the south end (opposite of the start gate). Good for me I brought a good pair of binoculars and it was actually a great way to watch the whole race.

I was amazed at the attendance as all of the lower seats were sold out.

Since I had not been to a supercross other than Daytona I was also amazed at how small the "normal" SX tracks are when they have to pack the track into a small area. It was still really cool and I am glad I went. Got home about 2 am (3 w/daylight saver).

Yes I did rewatch the race but, sort of dozed off a bit.

The Toronto event is about the same drive but, I will probably be riding at open practices that weekend and I think I'm good for awhile.

Dave L. had a surprise Bday party Saturday night. I hope it was a blast - HAPPY B Day Dave!! :boss:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Wait.....you never went to Pontiac??? I would have re-niged on a bet to go to Ford Field...the location and incompatable set up is why they don't have an SX anymore....but the Silverdome was awesome. I still don't understand why they don't come back there. One of the best things about Pontiac was the lack of assigned seats....first come, first serve. The track going up into the bleachers was awesome too.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
I went to pontiac many times, last was in 1979 I think. The new owners should indeed try to make another go of it. That would be sweet.

My phone just delivered my ribbon!! Looks great I love the "Super Job" - sure makes me feal like a winner - it even says so :cool:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
:cool:

Everyone's a winner.....

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
My mom says I'm special

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
09oneL said:
I went to pontiac many times, last was in 1979 I think. The new owners should indeed try to make another go of it.

I was at the last double header there....I think Guy Cooper was leading Saturday night (with a rod in his recently broken femur) and got taken out by Bad-shaw while leading....The last chance that Coop had a shot at winning a 250 SX main event. Cooper was going quad-in quad-out in this whoop section that no one else was doing...it was sweet. Bradshaw won both nights.

I also saw the last SX there.....I think Ramsey won....Carmicheal had done a cartwheel crash, got up with his visor hanging off the side of his helmet in dead last, and chased down the rest of the field.....he was on Ramsey's tail over the finish line jump at the checkers. Ramsey was on a thumper and the Goat was on a two smoker.

I miss the Silverdome...... :| :(

Jordan414

Nov 23, 2008

WRONG!.... CHAD REED won the last sx in pontiac. Actually he won the last 3... 2003, 2004, and 2005. Ramsey won in 2002 when Carmichael looped out on a dragon back sort of jump, best race ever!

I too miss the silverdome, that place always seemed to have the best atmosphere for racing, the crowd got into it! Alot of people down in that area have been talking about sx coming back, I hope so!

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
I humbly stand corrected Jordan. Did choad really win 3 in a row? Jeesh.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Jordan414 said:
yea he was the shiznits on a two-stroke :) My name is Jordan, I ride the little school bus :nod:

Wrong AGAIN little homie >>>>>>Jeramy McGrath :boss:<<

PS.You and pops in for LA? wench

Jordan414

Nov 23, 2008
Wolverine423 said:
Wrong AGAIN little homie >>>>>>Jeramy McGrath :boss:<<

PS.You and pops in for LA? wench

No were not, my dad is running a 5k or something on sunday.

PS- nice edit :cool:

Reed dominated in pontiac for 3 years

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Jordan414 said:
No were not, my dad is running a 5k or something on sunday.

PS- nice edit :cool: >>>>>>Thanks :cool:

Reed dominated in pontiac for 3 years
:) Ya and after those 3 yrs Reed only dominated in the MENS room at Pontiac. :ride:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Jordan414 said:
Fourstrokes ruined supercross :pissed:

:nod:

One of the best tag lines I've seen went something like this....

"Four strokes are like tampons.....every "kitty" needs one." :laugh:

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Yam7M said:
:nod:

One of the best tag lines I've seen went something like this....

"Four strokes are like tampons.....every "kitty" needs one." :laugh:

I'd much rather smell burning 2 smoke :nod: than a LOUD stinky oil burning 4 stroke PEE-YEW :uh:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
D.LEATHERS said:
I'd much rather smell burning 2 smoke :nod: than a LOUD stinky oil burning 4 stroke PEE-YEW :uh:

:cool:

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Jacksonville SX:

1. Stewart
2. Reed
3. Villipoto
4. Dungey
5. Canard
6. Brayton
7. Millsaps
8. Windham
9. Seely
10. Short

Does this thong make my azz look big?

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Villopoto
Stewart
Dungey
Reed
Canard
Brayton
Windham
Short
Seely
Alessi :coocoo:

Gettin' up early Sunday to head to Milford...gonna make a run at a state record in swimming for my age group....so I might be a little late with my points update.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Yam7M said:
Gettin' up early Sunday to head to Milford...gonna make a run at a state record in swimming for my age group....so I might be a little late with my points update.

Good luck Mark - swim like a fish!

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
09oneL said:
Good luck Mark - swim like a fish!

Thank you Fred. That's the plan. :cool:

Checked results this am.....looked like quite the shake up....good for "Ice Trey".....I like that kid. Haven't found anything on Villopoto yet tho...

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
091L: 10 points
Yam7m: 10 points
Jordan Reed: 8 points

Quite the shake up, eh???

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
tdunn976 said:
How'd your swim go?

:(

Thanks for asking tho Tom......should have rested this week....oh well. I won, and should be top five in US.....but I came up short. Big meet in 4 weeks. Hope I can rest up enough to do well there.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…