Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
DW and I were racin' yesterday. Awesome trail....and DW was "making friends" out there. He was in quite the battle with two other guys, all finished within 3 seconds of one another. DW edged out a guy by just tenths of a second! Nice work man! :cool:

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Yam7M said:
DW and I were racin' yesterday. Awesome trail....and DW was "making friends" out there. He was in quite the battle with two other guys, all finished within 3 seconds of one another. DW edged out a guy by just tenths of a second! Nice work man! :cool:
Was it by take down or verbal badgering that he edged out the other rider?

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
tdunn976 said:
Was it by take down or verbal badgering that he edged out the other rider?

YES! :) :laugh:

Nothin' but smiles on DW's mug! :nod:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
I had a blast. A tactical error cost me a win, but lesson learned. I made a pass for the lead with 500 yds to go...he drafted off of me and passed me back :bang: I should have waited another 200/300 yds to make the move. He had time to sprint & catch up; then draft and recover; then make a surge in the finish chute. Oh well, ended up 2nd in class and 3rd overall out of 180+ in the 2 lap category.

Hayden raced with the older kids. He did well. :cool:

Now it's up to Traverse City for Mud, Sweat & Beers!!! :nod:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
I was the nicest guy on the trail... ;)

Can't wait to for this weekends MTB race!

Jordan414

Nov 23, 2008
Yam7M said:
Like that bike Fred. Very cool way to get around. When the gas goes over $5, it'll be even better.

No posts/reports on PTR?? I heard that the track was rough....that there were some mechanicals and running out of gas stuff? Turnout? Anything? Bueller?

My report-

Track was rough :ohmy:

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
I have my 07 Honda CRF250R dialed in pretty well and I must say that I really like it compared to my KTM 2 stroke. I have said many times that 4 strokes SUCK in the woods and I WAS WRONG. The bike is fun as heck to ride. Feels really comfortable and hooks up like a big dog.

Spore - You should call me "Master Sansei" from now on!! :nod:

Shroom season is near - anyone found any yet? my awesome wife and I have not found any here yet - The Mesick festival is next weekend, seems early to me.

Last edited:

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Here's my Portland race report:
I wound up riding Z class as everyone I talked to about riding team backed out on me. Track looked awesome for all the rain that they got during the week. I wound up starting with the E class due to a miscue in part to Brad Becker which i talked to him about after the race. So already being a lap down i just pushed as hard as I could to come up through the pack. I rode for an hour and fifteen minutes before coming in to change my goggles and I made all two hours without having to fuel. At the end of the day I finished 11th even after being docked a lap. I truly believe that if i wouldn't have miss-started then I probably would have won my class. Oh well $hit happens.

Jordan414

Nov 23, 2008
Shagy100 said:
I wound up riding Z class as everyone I talked to about riding team backed out on me. Track looked awesome for all the rain that they got during the week. I wound up starting with the E class due to a miscue in part to Brad Becker which i talked to him about after the race. So already being a lap down i just pushed as hard as I could to come up through the pack. I rode for an hour and fifteen minutes before coming in to change my goggles and I made all two hours without having to fuel. At the end of the day I finished 11th even after being docked a lap. I truly believe that if i wouldn't have miss-started then I probably would have won my class. Oh well $hit happens.

You didnt gas? i gassed 3 times!

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Shagy100 said:
Isn't the 2 hr Z class for the beginners? And the 2 hr E class for the experienced riders? Or is my understanding wrong?

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Shagy100 said:
No duane they changed things E is equal to the M class and Z is equal to the A class. They created a new class R which is equal to B.

Sounds like an A, B, and C 2 hours classes to me. Ether way good ride Shagy!. How did you goof in the wrong line?

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Shagy100 said:
Nope my kx can go 2 hours with alot left in the tank

Duffy and I used to go the whole 3 hours without gassing on stock 300 XCW's - 2 old guys chug chug :cool:

Friends of mine rode an AF500 (yes it is a real Service Honda AF) and could only go 45 minutes prior to gassing - they ran out just short of 4 laps at PTR.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Well fred i goofed it cause Brett Becker was the starter and he was all the way to the right and I was all the way to the left. E and Z sound alot alike and at aways away sound like the same letter. The other thing was there were only 3 e riders and the Z line curved so bad that you couldnt even see them.

I heard about martys misfortunes on his AF. I also saw him and at the end runnin to try and catch brandon to give him gas.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Are you saying that there were no stakes with classes on them?

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
REED??

Who said Reed. That Aussie punk sure is a farthole (he's got some good company).

If I had a dollar for every time that cry baby, died hair drama queen wore his ball cap like a dufuss and tried to look all smug for the camera, I'd be able to own bikes like Boling and skip through the woods with a naked chick half my age looking for mushrooms....and.....er, wait....you said READ....my bad.

What class am I in?? Oh, the one with 3 guys.....or the one with 48 guys....Z??....E???....hmmm.....I wondered why I didn't hear anyone else behind me when I drifted through the corner in 4th??

Just razzin' ya Shaggy.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Without drama you do not have entertainment. Reed has been good for the sport. Again, I only really just got into SX this year so I do not have history but, drama is good for interest and selling stuff and selling stuff keeps it all ROCKIN :cool:

MS7: "Did he say Roczen, that German.........."

MS7 JS7 - 2 peas in a pod?

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
09oneL said:
Duffy and I used to go the whole 3 hours without gassing on stock 300 XCW's - 2 old guys chug chug :cool:

Friends of mine rode an AF500 (yes it is a real Service Honda AF) and could only go 45 minutes prior to gassing - they ran out just short of 4 laps at PTR.

That's cause they were "HAULIN ASS" on that "MONSTER" 500!!! :yikes: I was watchin them for a good part of the race :nod:

Dave L.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Vegas Picks

Dungey
Villopoto
Short
Windham
Stewart
Reed
Brayton
Milsaps
Weimer
Hahn

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
09oneL said:
Without drama you do not have entertainment.

:coocoo:

Without drama, you don't have drama.

Without drama:

The racing has been outstanding.
There have been battles all over the track.
The top five have alternated spots at every race.
The top riders have remained injury free (except for Icetrey...of which I'm bummed about)
The points battle is tight....probably as tight as it's ever been.
It's kept my interest to the point that I've watched more races this year (about 1/2) than I have in the last 5 years combined.

I don't need earings, make-up, self promoting TV shows, goofy looking hats, unsubstantiated smack talk, Lady Gaga sunglasses, and all that the drama queens think that they need to look and act cool.......to make a series great.

I'm glad you like all that stuff Fred. They must have consulted with you for the little segments about the riders...like watching James order Taco Bell....or highlighting Reeds earings. I expect to see a cameo of you at the Vegas race as they cut to a commercial, in a pink boa, Elton John-type sunglasses and a "I Love Drama....and Yam7M sucks" T-shirt.

:joke: :boss:

GO DUNGEY AND VILLOPOTO!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom