09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Wolverine423 said:
Geeze who isn't putting on a moto or off road school these days?????

How about a "Take ur azz out" school? :laugh: :cool:

I think JS7 is putting that one on, not that your class wouldn't be a good one too.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Happy easter everyone :ride:

You missed a good safe MX today @ Bull Dogs - deep sand

There was a guy in the 50+ on a KTM 2-stroke with bark busters and a empty hydration bag on the back of his chest protector. I think it his name was Vic F.

The guy who won my class was on a 144 :cool:

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
09oneL said:
Happy easter everyone :ride:

You missed a good safe MX today @ Bull Dogs - deep sand

There was a guy in the 50+ on a KTM 2-stroke with bark busters and a empty hydration bag on the back of his chest protector. I think it his name was Vic F.

Sorry couldn't make it. Did work on getting the bike ready Though. Glad it was fun

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
09oneL said:
:yikes:

BUT HOW CAN THAT BE?????

(Reaching a ways back here)....."Spores crazy....there's no way a small bore can compete with 450's......in HS's.....let alone MX. Light Team bikes are at too much of a disadvantage".
:)

Happy Easter Fred. I spent part of mine in the woods with DW....and there was no swearing. :cool:

Jordan414

Nov 23, 2008
Yam7M said:

BUT HOW CAN THAT BE?????

(Reaching a ways back here)....."Spores crazy....there's no way a small bore can compete with 450's......in HS's.....let alone MX. Light Team bikes are at too much of a disadvantage".

Happy Easter Fred. I spent part of mine in the woods with DW....and there was no swearing. :cool:

LOL my favorite DRN thread of all time... I think my dad and I were the first to ride a 200 in the H class, it competed with the 450s in the mio sand!

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Yam7M said:

BUT HOW CAN THAT BE?????

QUOTE]

Yammy,
Go back and actually find where I said that or anything strongly to that effect. I do not think that is a direct quote from me.

If you want a faster bike just, put a faster rider on it :cool:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
09oneL said:
Yammy,
Go back and actually find where I said that or anything strongly to that effect. I do not think that is a direct quote from me.

Didn't say it was you directly (you always think that :think: ).....but there was enough of that type of sentiment in Jordan's favorite thread going around. Some of my favorites (that back up my point....remember Fred, it wasn't just you....):

"but putting 250f's that have shown they can easily compete with the 250 two strokes and 450's in a class with 125's????are you insane? ."

"If you think its so easy riding a 125 get your old butts out there and do it. Tell me it boils down to the rider when you have a guy on a 250f working about 1/2 as hard as you all day so he has twice the energy when hes done."

A good one:
09oneL said:
4 Strokes SUCK, do you actually think a 200cc 4 stroke will compete w/ a 200 2 stroke? - you are better off with ur 136cc Hodaka

NOTE: Summers won on a XR 250..... :nod:

I know that there's a ton more.....but I gotta go to work. Someone's gotta pay for the ACORN staff members... :laugh:

Last edited:

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
I do not think my cc comparison really works well here. I still say a 200cc 2 stroke will kill a 200 cc 4 stroke. CC for CC 2 stroke make much better HP - I was trying to save the light team class form going away. Note that it was my proposal that finally settled that issue and it was my proposal that made both H and L open displacement. Note that the Light team class grew last year while the other classes mostly declined or stayed at the same levels.

The argument has been proven and it was / is the best for the sport. My largest issue was with a former D14 officer who was trying to eliminate a good class - not you Yam - up your bum to that guy :nener: (Mark knows who).

Anyway let's not start this up again - I am glad Yam was unable to find a better quote.

I loved racing the 200, it was plenty fast but, it did take more effort.

As fare as me being competitive there are 12 guys from yesterdays MX race that would disagree ;) I went 3 and 2 for 3rd overall with 14 riders in my class. (not sure who's quote that was - up your bum too)

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Good job Fred. Sounds like you did well too me.

Like I tried to assert, and Jordan got the point....there's a contingent of folks that are convinced that you can't win on a small bore 2 stroke vs a 450 4 st. Loads of them posted their ideas about this issue. When you said a guy won in your class on a 144, it just struck my funny bone. Gotta believe he smoked a lot of 450's, right??

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Yes, most vet MX guys ride 450's and the guy on the 144 got the holeshot in the second moto. I beat him to the first corner in the first moto but, he came by me quickly and checked out. This was deep sand too.

If you put any top pro on a KX80 he would still kill most of the amateur riders - I said most, not all

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
09oneL said:
Yes, most vet MX guys ride 450's and the guy on the 144 got the holeshot in the second moto.

He got the holeshot....against the holeshot master....with him on a 144cc and you and most of the other 12 guys on 450's??? How can that be!!! Did you protest and have him torn down??? :ohmy:

Fred....please understand...I'm kidding. ;) I know that fast is fast.....regardless of what displacement bike a rider happens to be on. It was the point I was trying to make quite a while ago...... :nod:

.....and yes, I know it's an open displacement rule for the age group classes......

Oh......and we actually did have an Overall Champ who won a 3 hour battle on a XR250, against a pretty stacked field, at Dutch Sport Park (which would agruably favor some ponnies). Pretty sure that XR250 made around 30 horses....not much more, but possibly less?

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
I do not do well at MX holeshots - mid pack every time

Baja is not that bad, it just has some really fast sections that get rough and falling would hurt. The jumps are not as bad as I thought they would be. I think I will be racing there on Saturday. Not sure on PTR for Sunday but, I have an MX buddy that wants to give it a try.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Been AWOL for a while since I started my new job. So.......

Hodaka's have lights !!!!!!!!!
-stir stir stir...............-

:nener:

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
tdunn976 said:
Tree planting in Kalkaska Sunday.
3000-5000 trees this year. Won't be able to make it to Portland.

Tom,

If you can bring my guard to me I will be happy to provide some pizza and perhaps a bottle of Jack for Don.

Also, Do not leave town without putting your SX picks for this weekend - it's on again, I cant' wait

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Yam7M said:
:cool:

Thanks to Tom and all those that partake! :nod:
Lots of MBT there, although some illegally, so you can come plant then ride! Love to have you. (someone as short as me thats not under 12 years old. :laugh:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
tdunn976 said:
Lots of MBT there, although some illegally, so you can come plant then ride! Love to have you. (someone as short as me thats not under 12 years old. :laugh:

My son and I are racing in Battle Creek Sunday. Preride Saturday. Appreciate the thought......and the shout-out about me being vertically challenged, you farthole. :)

Has anyone asked to see Boling's birth certificate? You might want him to sign some sort of waiver......I don't think that they allow "community organizing" in Kalkaska, do they Don?

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Yam7M said:
Has anyone asked to see Boling's birth certificate? You might want him to sign some sort of waiver......I don't think that they allow "community organizing" in Kalkaska, do they Don?

Yeah, you both being "Birthers" and all. Ended up pretty stupid and a huge wast of time huh.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
So it looks as though the true L class champs from 07 are back together for portland and will be riding a 125 against the 450s. So fred if you not to scared get duffy and let's see what you got.......
stir stir stir

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Not really a Birther just can't see why it took two years, I guess they were waiting for the latest Photoshop Upgrade. :cool:

This is the North Woods....mention Acorn and you might get planted!!! :yikes:

Did you mention "Jack". It is Trout Thursday in Kalkaska!!!!!! :p

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
09oneL said:
Yeah, you both being "Birthers" and all. Ended up pretty stupid and a huge wast of time huh.

Funny....I don't consider myself a birther....however, McCain (I'm not a fan....but, much better than the moron in there screwing the pooch right now :coocoo: ) had to, and did produce his birth certificate (his father was in the military and over seas around the time of his birth...I think he was born in Guam?). Further, the Clinton campaign originally brought up the issue and asked to see it.....they were ignored. So, there was some relevancy, as he continued to ignore the constitution (big suprise, eh?) and show his birth certificate like all the other candidates (He is the "Chosen One" though.... :worship: .....so the rules and laws must not apply to him? :uh: ).

He could have stopped all of it when he was running against Clinton for the primary. So, who's fault is it for the waste of time?? :think:

Now.....what about the BILLION DOLLARS his campaign is raising for his election?? Seems to go against his credo of helping the little people? There isn't a single incumbent who has even come close to needing that kind of cash for his re-election. Would be nice to see him spread that wealth around. It might help some of those folks he refers to that don't have enough to eat or keep a roof over their heads. What a waste.

Top Bottom