DYDR annual Fall ride at Paragon 10/19

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Junkie, that sucks. Make sure you convince Rich and Dwyane to still go. Is soccar really better and a long day in the dirt? ;)

I will be bringing 6 with me for Sunday. IS IT THE 19th YET???:yeehaw:

And a reminder...

Let's make sure that everyone is there on Sunday by 9:00. That way we can take a head count to see if we have enough for the discount.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Originally posted by RM_guy

I will be bringing 6 with me for Sunday.

Let's make sure that everyone is there on Sunday by 9:00. That way we can take a head count to see if we have enough for the discount. [/B]

You have that many friends? or did they only agree to go if you paid and thats why you are concerned about the discount.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Junkie, that sucks. Make sure you convince Rich and Dwyane to still go. Is soccar really better and a long day in the dirt? ;) 
[/B]

I don't want dirtbiking to become a myopic focus. Connor committed to a team and he has to attend all of the games (excluding the ones he missed for DW of course ;)) .

I think Rich and Dwayne are ready to ride. I'll even help them pack the trailer the night before!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by RM_Guy
"Let's make sure that everyone is there on Sunday by 9:00. That way we can all sit around and wait for me to get there at 10:40 even though I said we would be there at 8:00."

The above dig was sponsored by Jason and Nate who remind you: why get up early when you can stay up late :) .
Ok, its not an exact quote, but you gotta read between the lines :) .
LOL. Looking forward to it, if the weather was anywhere near as nice as this weekend we will have a beautyfull backdrop for some awesome riding!
Papa, what up big guy? to hammered from dirt week to make a showing or did you not win that COTT thing in the name of the East coast riders?

Good bars: Hey if you go into the west end of Hazelton there is a nice steak house bar and grill right across from the Penn State campus :) .

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
well looks like I aint gonna make this one either.

With the utmost timing and luck I sold the good bike and then proceeded to blow up the other.The better half with the empty pocket book informed me I just can't go out and buy a new replacement.

Atleast I should have a brand new ten year old bike for next spring.

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Originally posted by GunMan4000
New guy here! Who is Staying at Red Ridge Campground and how do I find you? Lets have a head count on campers.

Any good bars around that place?

Hey Gunman,

I was tossing up the idea of staying at Red Ridge as well, but may opt for the motel scene if nobody else I know is camping out. Unfortunately, cell phones don't work so good up there, so communications tend to be via smoke signals, wild hand gestures, and loud whistles. My intention is to get up there Friday night after work, (around 9-10pm eta). I understand there is a "go-go" bar in the relative vacinity, so I may go there for that evening's entertainment (possibly saturday night too...hehe) and hopefully, get a decent night sleep for a good ride the next day, both days. Shoot me an e-mail between now and then and maybe we can work ou the logistics...

sperlda@exchange.ml.com

Otherwise, I will be the one with the Dark Blue Jeep Grand Cherokee on 35" tires... Kinda tough to miss... :laugh: At least that's what the police tell me... :whiner:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by JasonJ
Originally posted by RM_Guy
...The above dig was sponsored by Jason and Nate who remind you: why get up early when you can stay up late :) ....
Ouch! That stings. This time I will be there by 9. Everybody else knows how to get there so I'm gonna be there. :scream: :thumb:

The weather is looking good. In the 50's and sunny (at least for Sunday) :yeehaw:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Hehehe, Hey I finally got my Summer and fall pics up. Pics from our Paragon ride are in there Dan. I cant dig up the thread from the ride, but hey, the pics should inspire all to get a two wheeler with knobs together and join us this weekend.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jasnker/2003ridepics.html

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Great pictures Jason.....hey, those last few pictures at the river.....did Nathan go through the river with you, i didn't see any pictures of him drying out his back after it.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
No, I got in a bit late that morning and missed the DRN guys so I hooked up with some riders from NY that were on their way out. They had been there once and claimed to have done the "big" river corssoing and wanted to do it again. It was riaining that day and the trail to the river was plenty slimey. When we got there they said thats not the one they had done. I showed em how it was done and took the straigt line that comes up the rooted ledge. They all opted for the line to the right but those darn rocks are perfect chain derailers and took the chain off of BOTH of the Hondas! They all cried and said they wanted to go back for lunch, it was only like 11:30 and we had not even been out an hour and a half,,, go figure, anyway, I met Nate and his wife in the lot then and rode the afternoon with Nate in the mud, hence the nice pics of him in the mud hole about half way down the page :) . I did find a sweet pair of goggles floating in a water hole, I looked but could not find a rider or machiene in there though :) .

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Hey....any of you all camping there Friday and Saturday nights or am I alone? If I'm alone, I'll probly do the motel, cuz it's one thing to be cold and wet, but another altogether to be cold wet and lonely.. :(

Who's definately coming and for what day(s)? I'm considering riding both Saturday and Sunday leaving Sunday afternoon (probably after lunch)

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Ill be driving up early Sat. Ill be in the lot ready to ride for 10 AM.
Camping at 8Bs. Will be in the lot Sunday for 10 if I can get the woman up and on her bike in time :) .

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
I decided a little earlier to get a room after calling around, found that the Forest Hil Inn has the best rate for this particular weekend. Tell them you are going to be at PAP and the nightly rate is $45 bucks. I got a room for Friday and Saturday Night, gonna check out in the morning on Sunday before heading over to PAP.

I'm open to splitting the room with anyone if interested. I can double check if anyone is interested, but I believe they are single doubles, meaning two single beds in each room. I'll be getting up there by 8pm or so on Friday night, and ready to rage(Party). Riding (falling) just isn't the same for me without a little hangover...

Dave

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
Dave what time will you be riding saturday ?
id like to ride both sat & sun
email if you like ill give my cell number
you must a crazy looking hitch with that spring spitting monster of yours.(cherokee)

redwingds@msn.com

gixer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2001
I will be there ready to ride at 10 on Sat with a few guys We are staying at Forest Hil Inn sat night also. We will be going to Damon's accross the street for dinner if any one wants to go then ridding again on sunday.
Steven

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Yeeeeee Haaaaawww!!!!! Just 8 more hours and I'm on my way!!!! :aj:

Here's my cell phone if anyone wants to take me up on the motel room deal. I should be getting up there by around 9 or so tonight (traffic permitting of course)

908-625-4540

See Y'all tomorrow morning!!!!!

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
I'll see you Sunday Dave :)

Excellent!!!! Don't forget your cameras!! LOL I have bald tires and the KDX has been super snotty in the cold!!! Recipe for many a photo op! :laugh:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Man, I really need this ride to burn off some stress from work. See you guys there :laugh:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Originally posted by DaveRS575

Excellent!!!! Don't forget your cameras!! LOL I have bald tires and the KDX has been super snotty in the cold!!! Recipe for many a photo op! :laugh:

In other words this means that the helmet cam should be following Dave :thumb:

Top Bottom