DYDR annual Fall ride at Paragon 10/19

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Originally posted by scooter1130

In other words this means that the helmet cam should be following Dave :thumb:

I don't know if anyone would want that job! (following me can be hazerdous to your health, then again, so can photographing me from the front LOL !!)

Perhaps I should wear the helmet cam! lol

I'm leaving now!!!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

I should be at the Forest Hill by about 10pm tonight so I'll be ready to ride first thing!!!!

I'm PSYCHED!!!!

Dave

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Have a good ride this weekend the temperature and ground conditions should be perfect. Sorry I can't make it as I need to redeem myself.

Maybe one more chance before Christmas.

TJ if I get the okay from the Doc in a couple of weeks when I get results after getting checked out I'm taking the week of Thanksgiving off so I may try and get my bike before then.

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
Originally posted by JasonJ
I did find a sweet pair of goggles floating in a water hole, I looked but could not find a rider or machiene in there though :) .

oh that poor soul. does paragon rent personal floation devices ? i know they should rent skidplates ;o)

Red

"dirtbiking good clean fun"

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
i enjoyed riding with the DRN group at Paragon so much that i had to pick a up another bike. actually i had been looking for a second bike for almost a year. got a 98`KX250, offered to buy it a year ago and was turned away. well he has since seen the light and got tired of trying to sell the bike.

trying to make a long story short. sorry

i rebuilt most of the bike and tried like hell to be ready for the 27th ride.(didnt make it as you already know).havent rode it yet but i think its ready to ride, but now im sick with a cold . guess all those late nights wrenching with no sleep or food along with trying to work took its toll on me. then friday came and it hit me. WHAM !!!

i so want to ride saturday and sunday. if i make sunday i'll be doing backflips off the sign in trailer.

if i dont make it i want you all to know how jealous ill be sitting home blowing my brains out in tissues thinking of all you dirt spodes raging through the gears riding the trails of paragon with the leaves changing making for great pictures.

2 bikes and a high powered wheelchair and im sitting at home :(
ever notice Robitussin and KLOTZ look a like ... hmmm

happy trails all be safe ,
Red

"dirt biking good clean fun"

the group i rode with
joe chief
scooter
tree jumper
flyin`scott
JRD ? the texas guy
RM_GUY
ATK
mike KX250 the post voyuer. hope your all healed up. try 3 clicks up on the rear shock rebound

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Hey Flyin Scot, The UK Subs and the Pork Dukes Shows are coming up in Allentown soon. Let me know if you want to come up and see them.

Good luck riding everyone! Trigger is ALWAYS with you even though my bike is gone!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RedWing,

I think you meant NRB (Nathan) and not JRD......

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
scooter yeah yeah yeah thats him . lol NRD nathan
ehhh i think i did pretty good remembering since it was a month ago.
sept 19th ride
im so disappointed that i didnt make this 10/19 ride. :(
but 100 degree temp is keeping inside.
tried so damn hard to make it too, even woke up at 5am hoping my temp was back to normal. no luck.
also scooter that lunch i owe ya is long since gone . ;)

one way or another i am getting to paragon with the KX just as soon as im able.

have fun without me , like i really need to say that

Red in bed

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
You missed a good one. :) Will post report and pics in the Ride Report forum in about an hour. Downloading pics now and going to get a nice hot shower. It was a cold one in more than one way today. ;)

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Hey Red.. I'm sorry you couldn't make it.. The conditions were awesome, and had you made it up for the Saturday ride, you would have gotten to see me wipe out on several occasions! I think I may have won the worst crash award, but I don't know.. Eugene was under water up to his chest for one spill so..... he might get the submariner award for that one. I only hit a tree going about 20MPH and put my handlebar or a branch through my chest protector. I'll let Nathan write about that one as he saw the whole thing. Unfortunately, all I saw was the trail dropping out from under me at a very steep very unexpected decent (Much like the unexpected acent from the last trip!) and at the bottom where I was supposed to turn left, I went into an out of control straight shot into a tree waiting for me at the bottom. Fortunatley, the only real damage was to my pride, and my chest protector. That bike is gonna start hating me very soon I fear.

Lets see if I can remember everyones name... Steve, Eugene, Kevin...nice to meet you, awesome riding with you Saturday! Sorry to drop out on ya this moring, but had to get home to the birthday festivities. You guys missed it, but that last trail was a bit rough on me, I wiped about 5 times coming down before we got to the hummers. I'll call that trail the "Sea of rocks" lol I only wiped out twice coming up valley road too! Made it down without a fall though. Ran into Dan (Scooter on the way back and he was as usual, the buddy.. he took me back through one of the trails we rode Saturday but with a couple of cool hillclimbs and stuff. I'm convinced he's gonna get me comfortable with the hillclimb if it kills him! ;) Thanks Dan.. They were really fun. I'm starting to like this climbing thing! Jason, you sir, are a MADMAN! I can't believe you rode at least 20 Paragon miles Saturday on a flat front tire!!!

Nathan.. Thanks again bro.. You make even the toughest trail fun for me. I give you the credit for giving me the nerve and motivation to climb turtle trail. I probably would have wussed out if you didn't take the lead and show me the line. That is an awesome verticle and a great trail that I will definately do again. As for Valley road, I'm getting better but still don't like it much! I think it's your state of mind and your attitude Nathan, no mater how slow I'm going through my morning "slow ritual" , you stick back there with me and chug through the worst of it, then when my pace picks up in the afternoon, you stay with me and keep me in site. It's awesome for me. Thanks ! I really enjoy riding with ya. Looking forward to more rides like this one throughout the rest of this fall and into the winter.

Thanks again everyone for an awesome weekend!

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
yep dave im sorry i missed it , and for sure the group is a great bunch of men and from what i have heard women too.
dont worry RM_GUY i will get with the program and up the 14 or so bucks for DRN just been real preoccupied with other things , its no excuse.

Red

rock on paragon riders ! ummm, if davers575 keeps falling will the rocks become pebbles ? and if he keeps up the tree clearing paragon will have many more added trails or atlaest a nice run off for emergency stopping ;) DONT FORGET I PARTS AND GEAR CHEAP ! and 20% off all suspension work
as soon as i become a full fledged member ill post in the classified section.

"dirtbiking good clean fun"

redwingds@msn.net

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Originally posted by RedWingDS
rock on paragon riders ! ummm, if davers575 keeps falling will the rocks become pebbles ? and if he keeps up the tree clearing paragon will have many more added trails or atlaest a nice run off for emergency stopping ;)

LOL.. Unfortunately, the only thing turning into pebbles are my bones and ligaments, and the last I checked, every tree I hit is still standing tall and proud! I'm an environmentally friendly crasher..

Oh yeah...I am SORE today!!! :whiner:

Still had a great time though!!! Can't wait to go again! Even up Valley! :)

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Great riding weekend. I forgot my camera Saturday and there were some great Kodak moments that will live on only in my memory :( .
Dave, Im so well practiced on a flat front tire I really barley even notice it anymore :) Its kinda like a stearing damper LOL.
Yeah Nate is a great guy, Always puts others saftey and experiance before himself. Besides riding sweep, he test water depth of puddles and Saturday showed how to ride 9/10 of turtle hill while running out of gas before flipping to reserve :) .

NRB

May 4, 2003
Yea Dave that was an awesome crash, Eugene was leading the group and he asked me which way to go so I pointed at a single track and said that's one we've never done. It started out really mellow until you got to this little hill, about ten feet high or so, what we didn't know was the other side dropped about 60 feet into a bowl, when Dave crested the hill he did some panic braking but since it had rained the night before and the trail was slick, he gained speed going down. But that was o.k. because right before he needed to take a hard left he found a nice tree to help him stop. Luckily his chest protector took most of the force of his handlebars hitting him.

Jason I forgot to get a picture of the stealth front fender, be sure to save that for our next ride.

It was a great ride, I was so tired and sore when we finished that I could barely walk.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
"Jason I forgot to get a picture of the stealth front fender, be sure to save that for our next ride."

Silly me, I was just pricing new plastic yeasterday :) . Well, Ill just spend my $20 on stuff I really need like new tubes for my tire. Thank God for rim Locks!!!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom