Michigan Trailfest II - October 13 and 14

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Whoops in Michigan? I can't imagine where.:p

Riding whooped out trails is good for you. It builds character!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Badgerman, you are so funny. I tried to send you an email, but it came back undeliverable. Please send me an email or PM with the correct email address.

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Hola...

I'm trying to get a feel for the geographical location of this here event so'ins I can figure out if we can make it.

Can anyone post a zipcode ? So I can plot a course via mapquest ?

-MD

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Matt,

This zip code will get you within 30 minutes of the spot....49651 - Lake City. The actual location is 7 miles east of Lake City and 10 miles north of M55.
I will provide more detailed directions in a couple of weeks.
Last time we only had one guy get lost, but he has a GPS now and we are hoping his arrival time is earlier than last time.:confused:

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Gak, that's an 8 hour drive :)

Can a 10 year old on PW's keep up there or should we leave the little ones home ? He hangs pretty well with us normally. It all depends on how deep the ruts are :)

Let me see what we can work out.

Also what does someone from Ohio need with regards to stickers, etc, etc.

-MD

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION

MICHIGAN TRAILFEST II WILL BE LOCATED:

7 MILES EAST AND TEN MILES NORTH OF LAKE CITY, MICHIGAN 49651

NW 1/4 OF SECTION 13 NORWICH TWP. MISSAUKEE CO.

M-55 TO SEVEN MILE ROAD, TEN MILES NORTH TO JOHNSON ROAD,

mitch richter

Jan 2, 2001
hasting grassdrags

hastings grass drags is that weekend:( oh well there's a ride there this weekend. hey walkman are u talkindg about big jim from peacock lmt.? by the waysend a flyer to:
LAKESIDE MOTOR SPORTS
10964 90TH AVENUE
MECOSTA, MI 49332
i'll make sure it gets hung up cuz my dad owns it how many ccc riders were at the brevort ride and saw a LOUD 2001 xr 100 # 46? yeah that was me

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
the son you never wanted or needed

F/S
Marlin - you may be able to "bum" a hook up if you get there early and situate your camper near fatherandson's camper, but he would have to verify that because it's his campsite on the club grounds© Send him a e-mail© I've "staked" my claim for a hook up spot for my RV through frequenting the clubgrounds to help with events and trail maintainence but mostly it's rustic camping with juice and water available©

FedT- Ya I can relate, or would like to be able to relate©¥owning a spot on grounds¤ Its not much of a camper© just a little pop up ¥one light & a furance¤¤ I have lots of extension cords© 200 ft© or so© normally it would'nt matter that much, but one of the boys is recovering from mono, he got in august© I'm going to try to set up the camper to run off a battery© it is supose to be able to? but I've never used it© owned it since 1986 duh© so keep me in touch

Note: sorry mod© about the double post, just needed to get this thread back where it belonged

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
mono

70 marlin...

Been there done that...

Worst six months of junior's life was the summer he had mono...

You can plug in to the side of our trailer...

Bring cords, we usually run one out for the community coffee pot, also..

See ya,

The Old Man

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
email correction

I sent an email to the participants in the first Trailfest and it included a typo. Our next trail ride will be in October (not November).

Summer of 1980 - no riding, no baseball, no football........major bummer!!!!
Thanks for reminding me..DAD.

Mike Jr.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Thanks Dad!

well, jrs bike is ready. all I have to do is get the Ok from the wardden. that jr is healthy enough to ride? fill the Lp tank hook up the camper and fly!
thank again!!! big time:)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Marlin, I sure hope you and the kids "get permission" to join. At Trailfest I we called this "greasing the skids".

Trailfest II is only three weeks away. We have had a lot of new interest in this event. I hope to see some new faces on October 13 (or 12). If anyone needs directions, please let me know.

Does anyone else hear the sounds of bells??????????
It must be Jeff Allen home from his trip to Dirt Week 2001. I sure hope you can make it Jeff. I want to hear the story.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I'll be there!

evev if jr© can't make it, I'll be there© looks like momma gave her permisson, all he has to do is a little back school work© please post better direction ! so I'll see ya there© what day does every body show on ?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
DIRECTIONS TO MI TRAILFEST II

NORTH ON US-27 TO M-55 (HOUGHTON LAKE EXIT)

WEST TO SEVEN MILE ROAD (ABOUT 13 MILES)

NORTH 10 MILES TO JOHNSON ROAD (1 MILE PAST THE FOUR WAY STOP)

LEFT, WEST, 1/2 MILE TO JACK PINE LODGE (THE CLUB GROUNDS OF THE LANSING MOTORCYCLE CLUB, OUR HOSTS FOR THE WEEK END)

BACK TO THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE CLUBGROUNDS TO A SIGN THAT SAYS "DRN HQ" (TRAILER SAYS "MAURER", FATHER AND SON, MIKE JR, WHO DOES ALL THE WORK AND MIKE SR, WHO RUNS THE CHASE TRUCK)

SEE YA'ALL THERE, AND WELCOME !!!

MIKE SR

Fly'nBrian

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 3, 2001
HE'S BACCCCCK!!!!!!!

The "FIREBREATHING" DRZ rider is pumped and primed for some major wheelspining,roosting,leaves flying trail ride.:p

Brian

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Brian, where you been?

Have not seen you on the boards, where did you go?

ssuperbike

Dec 5, 2000
I am up for it! Will this be a Mccc ride or just a DRN ride? I don't want to be a bad guy but the YZ is still a little loud with my "quiet" (ripoff) exaust. I can get a few guys to come along all reliable good guys. Can't wait! -----Mike

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Thanks for the direction !

* see ys there© oow ya what time are you folks going to get there ? F/S the warden gave me the whole weekend fri, sat,sun the boy wants to leave friday night after school© need any help setting up ?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
70 marlin, et al

I will be there, off and on, from Tuesday PM on...

Please come early and stay late...

Mike Sr.

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Originally posted by fatherandson
Matt,

This zip code will get you within 30 minutes of the spot....49651 - Lake City. The actual location is 7 miles east of Lake City and 10 miles north of M55.
I will provide more detailed directions in a couple of weeks.
Last time we only had one guy get lost, but he has a GPS now and we are hoping his arrival time is earlier than last time.:confused:

:cool:

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Yes I will be there, just got off the phone a bit ago with Mweissen and he talked me into patching up the bike into ridable condition. It's been beat pretty hard but I'll make it.

:confused:Now where did I put that wrench.... :confused:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
SPARES

DEAR JEFF,

WE GOT SPARES...

94 MTM

68 BSA VICTOR

71 BSA 250 ENDURO

70 BSA VICTOR