Michigan Trailfest II - October 13 and 14

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
That Honda automatictrail, is that the one that had the pull cord starter?? If so I may take that for a spin. ;) Although that bonneville sure was sweet looking!

I'll save it for the camp fire Jr. I can't tell all my new storys before I get there:)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
ROPE STARTS AND BONNEVILLES

DEAR JEFF,

THE ONLY THING YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER IS TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE IN NEUTRAL BEFORE YOU PULL THE ROPE, OR YOU'LL BE IN THE CAMPFIRE...

AND THE BONNEVILLE IS KICK START... NONE OF THAT SISSY STUFF...

SEE YA THERE...

MIKE SR

triplephatmx

Jun 5, 2001
It's looking like my buddy and I are IN!!!!

I can't wait!! Someone mentioned the GPS and I was wondering if anybody has coordiantes I can punch in the GPS to pinpoint where we're at?! Thanks - Hope to see you all there!!:cool:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Ah, another GPS guy! I had the coordinates for the middle of the campground in my GPS, but they're gone for some reason. I looked on my Garmin Mapsource CD, and this is within 3 tenths of a mile of the campground:

44.48 N
85.08W

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
You guys are too high tech for me. I travel by land marks (turn right at the house on the hill....turn left at the second stop sign.......).:confused:
triplephatmx, welcome to the group! We have a wide range of riders and we have great time telling stories of our riding events (or reporting on another's embarassing moments).
FYI. I will be inviting my 12 and 14 year old nephews to join us on this ride. They have been riding for a number of years and both have updated their bikes (bigger and faster). Unfortunately, they fell into the cabbage patch = Kawasakis. Fred and Walkman should be happy.

Mike Jr.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by MWEISSEN
44.48 N
85.08W [/B]

G. P. S. = Go Pavment Stops

This means go to the end of pavement and turn left.

Am right?????

I also discovered in Wolverine as we were sweep riding that if I feed Mike (fatherandson) steak for dinner and eggs and sausage for breakfast he will pick my bike up off my leg so I can get up...just in case anyone needs a little help out on the trail that weekend!
:scream:

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
gps

GOOD ONE !!!!!

GO 'TIL THE PAVEMENT STOPS WORKS PERFECTLY IN THIS CASE

NORTH ON SEVEN MILE TIL THE PAVEMENT ENDS AND TURL LEFT...WEST 1/2 MILE TO LACK PINE LODGE...

WAS THERE YESTERDAY ...

THE OLD MAN

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Fred is an excellent cook. Go figure...the guy owns a restaurant. I would have helped him even if he had not fed me, but there were two times in that section that help was needed (remember the mud??).

supebike mike, I hope you can make it to the trailride. Did you realize it is the same weekend as the enduro in Indiana?????

We will do a "roll call" next week so we know how many to expect.

Hiller

May 22, 2001
This may be a dumb question......Is this a guy's only weekend? My wife may be interested in riding also, however, I certainly wouldn't want to be the only one to bring a girl! ! ! !:eek:
What time does the ride start on Saturday & Sunday?
Mike

ssuperbike

Dec 5, 2000
I just found out about the enduro in Indiana. It will be a money thing. I am definitly going to the Rose City, Bent Wheels enduro. If I am poor, trailriding is a bit cheeper. I was cheated out of a trophy by one place last weekend, they were neat too! I need a new piece of plastic, if I survive!:eek: I am still undecided. I have my radiator sent out, muffler went back to FMF and my head light has to go back to Acerbis (fell apart). Hmmmm, maybe the wife will sponser me!;) -------Mike

It was supposed to be Superbike. Can I fix that?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
MIke Hiller, at our last trail ride we had a couple of ladies, but they were spectators. In fact DerHnter brought his entire family. It was a hoot to see his daughters "race" around the field/campground.
I would like these trail rides to be "family friendly". The group was well behaved last time (not many spent the night). This event we are inviting some younger riders. We are planning a 40-50 mile ride each day. However, my dad drives the "chase" truck with food and gas. He is also the chief camera man. If somebody only wants to go for a 25 mile ride that can be arranged.
If anyone wants to follow my dad, go for a short trail ride and help with the pcitures, that would be great too!
I guess what I am trying to say is "EVERYONE IS WELCOME!!!!"

Fly'nBrian

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 3, 2001
BODY COUNT EEERRR... ROLL CALL!

Ok guys and gals I'll start the offical roll call roster.

Derhntr AKA Fly'nBrian arrival Sat early AM comming solo this trip.
Kids have sports related stuff on Sat and wife has church stuff on sunday.

so the Offical Roll call stands at 1

Brian

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
When responding to the roll call please let us know what time you plan to arrive. If possible, it would be nice if the Saturday arrivals could be at the clubgrounds by 9:00 and we could be on the trail by 10:00 (depending on the weather - right Rick Shaw???).
Mike Sr. and Mike Jr. (fatherandson) will be at the clubgrounds on Friday. The early arrivals may get a short ride in on Friday (again depending on the weather).
Our count is at three and growing!!!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Mike, when you get a firm number...

will you e-mail it to me so I know how many burgers and buns to bring for "Trailfeast II" I got a monster grill grate and thought we could grill them over coals in Mike Sr's fire pit. Thanks...I'm getting excited! Hope my knee is feeling better by Saturday.:cool:

I plan on bringing the "Shag Wagon and Cabbage Patch Bike" Friday afternoon.

Last edited:

triplephatmx

Jun 5, 2001
Count 3 for Sure possibly 4!!

Myself and 2 others are coming for sure, maybe one more! We will likely arrive early Sat AM. We are looking forward to meeting everyone!!!! Brrrraaaaaappp!!!:cool:

Last edited:

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
skids greased, done deal!

Gents, I plan on getting to camp by 9:00am. Plan on riding Saturday only. Early predictions are for the frost to be gone by the 10:00 start time, pumpkin sweep:confused:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I was beginning to feel outnumbered by the cabbage patch kids. I am glad the pumpkin patch is growing. Gotta say it...KKAAATTTOOOOMMM Rules!!!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Just one (me) from the "Motoweissen" family. I'll be arriving Saturday morning, and am planning only for Saturday. Maybe my oldest son also, who can't make up his mind.....the "sixteen syndrome", you know. :D

Mike, what time are you planning to start riding?

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
two for me !

I should be in some time a round noon on friday. I'll bring a big bag of charcoal to throw in that fire pit if you'd like, I'll have it any way.

ssuperbike

Dec 5, 2000
I will be there if my radiator gets back in time! I can't spend alot of dough on the race this weekend. I will hit Rose city though, as we have a cabin there! I will post when I know for sure. ----Mike

Top Bottom