More California Politics Denied Registration

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
From what I read in the paper, there are already trails on the private property and the govt. decided to break open the checkbook to purchase the land and make it legal.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Every place has it's downfalls and unfortunately we have our fair share. Not much more that can be said about it.:think:

EnduroDude

Jan 21, 2003
But the old high rates are reportedly being reinstated due to our current budget crisis.
And yet they continue to loose revenue by pushing small and large business out of the state. Raising taxes is like putting a band-aid on a wound that needs a tourniquet! Do you think they will ever get what they are doing to the state and its budget?

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
As if Mexico doesn't have enough problems now you guys want to unload California on us.

xTYBALTx

Mar 10, 2004
Can't you Californians change citizenship to another state and get out of state OHV registration? Sure would be easier than dealing with CARB and the DMV.

Is that legal?

EnduroDude

Jan 21, 2003
xTYBALTx said:
Can't you Californians change citizenship to another state and get out of state OHV registration? Sure would be easier than dealing with CARB and the DMV.

Is that legal?
Tried that sort of. I did get an out of State Sticker but the Ranger at tech inspection didn't like it that I didn't also have a CA non resident sticker so the following season I showed up with both stickers and guess what...

At tech inspection the out of state sticker became a red flag for them to dig deeper, I showed them my non resident sticker proving I paid into the green fund but that wasn't good enough and they wanted to see a drivers license that matched my out of state sticker.

I said what is up with that? Why do you care where I live? Both stickers are current and paid. Not good enough for them.
Getting a drivers license to match would be even more of a PITA.

I have had it and will show up next time with a CA green sticker bootlegged from my sons bike that has one.

I am only going to run my RM one more season and after that I will never buy another out of state/country bike again, just not worth the trouble.
The feds have beat me to death on this one.

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
EnduroDude said:
I have had it and will show up next time with a CA green sticker bootlegged from my sons bike that has one.

Seems everyone that I know is bootlegging their stickers off of their kids bikes. Maybe California needs to forget this green sticker red sticker stuff and just let us pay for registration that is all the same? Blue perhaps :coocoo: and be done with it... Another thing, the dmv's need to get their crap together and be more consistant statewide. Every dmv we walk into has a different story. I used to work for the DMV in Texas and it was so simple.....We just didn't register dirtbikes.....No titles, nothing :cool:

EnduroDude

Jan 21, 2003
It is pretty crazy, we can't even dual sport bikes here anymore.

We now have CA model off road bikes like the 05 WR450F and Honda CRF450X. Buy one in another State (non CA model) and bring it here you won't be getting an off road license for it.

EnduroDude

Jan 21, 2003
Another thing that yanks my chain is the brand new custom built Harley's that have no trouble getting a plate. Radical cams on big cubic inch with obnoxious pipes pumping far more smog into the air than a small single just trying to trail hop on the weekend.

Maybe its time to start a custom built dual sport business.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
EnduroDude said:

QUOTE]

EnduroDude.

I don't recommend doing that. :ohmy: They can check the numbers on the sticker and if it doesn't match with the bike it was issued for, they can confiscate the bike. :yikes: Almost happened to one of our SoCal members. :|

Also, the VIN# will tell them the year of the bike and if there is a green sticker on a red sticker bike, you got some splainin' to do. :bang:

Just my $ .02

Ol'89r

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom