Nor.Cal Elkins Flat Ride 20-21 Oct

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
Ney NVR FNSH, what kind of riding is there around santa rosa? My mother in law lives in sebastopol. Ive spent many a bored day sitting around her house while she and my wife are out shopping. Ive thought about bringing my bike down but havent had any luck figuring out where to ride it.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
When are you going to be here?

funktree,
Cow Mountain (BLM) is the closet - 'bout an hour north, just east of Ukiah. Pretty good trail system, ~1500ft - 3500ft elevation, some of the trails get pretty beat up and there are quite a few 4wds out there.

Middle Creek/Penny Pines/CC Camp is about 90 minutes north - just north of Upper Lake (NW corner of Clear Lake) - part of the Mendocino National Forest. It's on the west side of the NF, Stonyford is on the East side - you can connect the two trail systems if you carry enough gas. Really good riding, nice campground at Middle Creek CG, nice mix of trials. Do a search on Middle Creek and you'll find lots of posts.

Mendocino NF is red sticker legal year round, I think Cow Mtn is open year round for red sticker bikes. Check the District 36 website for directions to each area.

It's definately worth it to bring your bike - let me know when you're visiting again. I'd be happy to show you around.

Brian

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
Not much to say in light if this weeks goings-on...:(
But... I couldn't stand it that our thread is(was) on page 2 of the forum.:p
BTW, I hope the Elkin's flat area got some of the rain we got at Shasta lake Tuesday and Wednesday...It'll be a good start on dust control. Hope to see everyone there...

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Dave

What is this thing "rain" which you speak of.

No rain here since early May! Not a solitary drop. Even the Sierra's are dry as heck. It's dangerous to ride around here in all the dust.

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Jim,

In Oct we sometimes can get a few inches of rain.....let's hope sooooooo!

If not, it is going to be resally dusty and dry:(

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
So Rick, I'm assuming the retired tag is staying in your signature? My neighbor in Army reserve is headed out tomorow.

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Of course........:) I've not heard any word from my former unit or from the Corps pertaining to calling me back....... That would really suck...I'd miss the Oct Ride:p
As far as I'm concerned, I've done my duty to counrty and Corps! Now it is time for other to go and play in the sand........

Rick

LawManNv

Sponsoring Member
Feb 10, 2000
Hey Wr,
I'll be there on Sat afternoon with my girlfriend but this time she'll have her TTR125L along. My brother can't make it unfortunately. I look forward to riding with you guys again.

Steve

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Steve,

Excellent!!!! Looking forward to see you again!!! Sorry that your brother can't make it!

See you on Saturday morning...

Rick

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
Hey Hey We have rain...at least a start. And... We have Angry Jim to thank for it! Woo Hoo!(see 'nor cal riders' thread)

Karna&Justin

~SPONSOR~
Sep 27, 2001
Rick,

My husband and I are thinking about joining for the weekend of 10/20, also.
We most likely won't make it until late evening on the 20th...is there enough
spots to accomodate two late comers? (Hopefully, we won't disturb any early
snoozers! ) Will there be many people staying for riding on 10/21?

Karna & Justin Hensley
P.S./F.Y.I We are located just down HWY 99 from you...

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Karna & Justin,

Of course there is room for you. Don't worry about arriving late on Saturday night. Sunday morning we'll be up early for predawn ride:scream:

Where are you located, Modesto, Stockton, Ripon????? Hope you both can make it.

KXaggerator,

I"ll be doing the 49'er myself, rain, shine, snow or dust, it will not matter. I just need to get on my bike and shake out a few cobwebs.

motodude

Oct 3, 2000
I'll be there- hopefully on Friday night. Will be bringing the wife and kids. Had to drive up there today with the wife to check out the place, since she's not into camping or bikes. Not much water int the creek, hope it rains. Anybody up for a night ride Saturday night?

Lee

01 400EXC
01 TT-R125L
02 TT-R90

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Night Ride......

Lee,

Did we meet up at Elkins Flat back in May??? Do you know AngryJim???

Sure, we can se who has headlights and we'll go from there!!

Glad you can make it, looking forward to meeting you and your family.

Rick

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Elkins Flat Guest List

Here is a list of riders:

MR.WR Nor.Cal
Motodude Nor.Cal
Dirty Dave Nor.Cal
LawManNv Nevada
Fremontguy Nor.Cal
AngryJim Nor.Cal
NVRFNSH Nor.Cal
dirtbike dave Nor.Cal
TobyS Nor.Cal
LongTime So.Cal
simimi Nor.Cal
Jonala Nor.Cal
Karna & Justin Nor.Cal

Last edited:

Karna&Justin

~SPONSOR~
Sep 27, 2001
You Count Us in!

Rick,

Sounds good! We will be there as soon as we can make it (considering
all goes well at the Foresthill Family Enduoro... i.e. I don't get hurt or
hurt my bike beyond quick repair.)
Oh, by the way we are in Turlock. Just a short jaunt from your neck of
the woods.

See/Meet you in a couple of weeks!

Karna and Justin

motodude

Oct 3, 2000
MR. WR- ya, we met in May, you guys were looking for a front brake pin. My buddy in the Weekend Warrior broke his foot and had to bail out early.
Angry Jim lives down the street from me, I see him in the riverbed/track near my house often. He has a headlight for his bike too- hope he makes it up on Saturday. Lee

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Opps, I guess I thought I had replied to this earlier. I'm pretty sure TTRGuy and I are going to be there as well.
Looking forward to seeing you guys again and meeting some new members too. :)

Where's Strick? Does he have a race that weekend or something?

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
For those of you that are familiar with the area, is there an inexpensive but decent motel near the staging area? This will be about a 5 or 6 hour drive for us and I can't take Friday off. We will be arriving late on Friday and I would like to just bunk somewhere and head over in the morning so we don't have to try to unload and set up camp in the middle of the night.

Also, the Pipi camping area will be closed so it looks like we'll have to camp at the staging area so if there are any shady spots could ya'all save one for us lowly tent trash types? :)

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
GSR,

There is plenty of room for you and TTR.... Plenty of trees to call home.

Have not heard from Strick....Looks like a NO SHOW!! I think the woods is out of his element:p

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
Originally posted by NVR FNSH
Is there potable water at Elkins Flat? I don't want to have to tow with full tanks if I don't have to.

Brian
Nope:( Might try a truck stop or RV dealership with dump site closer to Sac./ Stockton. Cooks Sta. (1mi. past OMO Ranch turnoff) has water but the amount we need might not be 'free' :confused: See you there...

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Originally posted by NVR FNSH
Is there potable water at Elkins Flat? I don't want to have to tow with full tanks if I don't have to.

Brian

What???????:confused: Don't you drive one of those BIG Cummins Dodge Trucks????

I will be towing my 24ft 5th wheel loaded with water and towing my m/c trailer behind my trailer that with a FORD

I think you can get water at the Ranger Station in Pioneer??? But I"m not sure..

See you up there...

Rick

Top Bottom