Check each catagory that applies (only one ckeck foe each day)

• I'll be there Saturday by myself (1 total)

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • I'll be there Saturday with 1 other rider (2 total)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll be there Saturday with 2 other riders (3 total)

• I'll be there Saturday with 3 other riders (4 total)

• I'll be there Saturday with 4 other riders (5 total)

• I'll be there Sunday by myself (1 total)

• I'll be there Sunday with 1 other rider (2 total)

• I'll be there Sunday with 2 other riders (3 total)

• I'll be there Sunday with 3 other riders (4 total)

• I'll be there Sunday with 4 other riders (5 total)

• Total voters

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Riding with OffRoadWarrior doesn't scare me in the least bit. Now Bill and Dave in their Skirts, now that scary :scream: (Do they at least shave their legs?)

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Dude, sounds like that guy needs a sergeon generals warning sticker on his number plate or someting.
Ill miss you guys at the camp ground as I stay at 8Bs. The party sounds great but remember, anyone that cant get up and make the 10:00 AM ride has to ride in a skirt or tutu on the next ride LOL.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by Trigger1911
...there is a reason we named Howey Hill after Dave Howe(RMGuy) He looks like a turtle on its back when he is pinned under a RM 250!...
Ok Trig, the gauntlet's off:p Next time I'll just run you down like the rat you are when you stop on a hill like that;) You are here by warned.

And Everyone is right. Off Road Warrior is a sadist. :p

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Trail conditions are great right now, still a little mud in places, but most of the trails are perfect(no puddles, and no dust).  They were working on Valley Road today.  It will have 2 trails when completed, The original trail with all the rocks and ruts, and then the new improved nancy trail for the kids, and all the nancys.  The motocross tracks should be started before the May3-4 ride, but unfortunately, won't be ready for this ride.  hopefully at least 1 track will be done before the next ride.

The way the weather has been this year, I think we should all pray to the weather gods that we get no more snow in the next 3 weeks :worship:

Dan

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Thanks for the update Dan. Can't wait for the 3rd!

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Paragon is pretty challenging. The lower sections (coal road, rubicon lake and points between) are flat and clear. The upper trails are also very good. The problem for a beginner is that you have to access the upper trails via Valley Road or Turtle Trail. I’ve seen several beginners get up Valley Road but it usually isn’t a pretty sight.

The quick answer is Yes, you might be able to ride at Paragon but YOU MUST RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE. What I mean by that is that you have to know when to try something new and when to say “No F’in way”. If the people you are riding with know your experience in advance they’ll warn you if you are approaching an ugly trail.

I went there several times last year with a friend who was a new rider. Most of the people we rode with did a good job of looking out for him. In the morning he complained bitterly about the rocks. On the way home he said he had a good time. Now that he has ridden there several times he really likes the place.

Since this is a rather big ride I’m sure that there will be riders of all experience so if you don’t want to trek into the upper trails there’ll be riders to ride with on the lower, more accessible trails.

One thing is for sure, after a day or two at Paragon, you won’t be a beginner anymore!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
gxdragon

There is always room for one more.....I lead lots of trail rides at Paragon and most of them are beginners.  Valley road, as mentioned by rvjunkie, can bea challange, but they will have an easy trail through valley done by the 3rd.   I'm sure you will not be the only one there who is looking for an easy ride for the weekend.  As for me, I don't care if it is easy or hard....as long as I am riding I am happy.  If there is a trail that looks like it may give you some trouble, someone will help you through, you may be called a nancy afterwards, but you will still be riding.  Hope to see you there....

Dan

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
I'm no Nancy Dammit :debil: and my skirt is a very masculine one! :)

I hope to be there I don't know for sure yet. Where exactly will everybody meet? I have never been there and the only person I've met on here yet is Fark so I won't recognize anyone else. Is there a parking lot out front that everyone will meet at?

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
The parking lot and registration area are one in the same. The camping is about 4-5 miles away. Meeting will be 10am in the parking lot of Paragon. We wil be in a group of trucks and mine will have a pop-up camper attached. A Dark green F150 or a white/red F150 will be the tow vehicle . Both have big American flags on them.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Yeah, just look for the big group of two wheelers, there are not that many bike riders up there much less guys/ and gal(s) with chest protectors, MX boots, and ,,, errrr, skirts,,, LOL, Oh and some Psycho with a trials bike in tow??? Dont you guys usally park in the lower corner by the porta potties?

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Actually we park in the lower corner opposite the porta-pots. We stay pretty close to the registration trailer.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by Fark
Yeah, I have an MX bike. Will I be able to have a good time?
My '01 RM250 has no flywheel weight and I get along just fine. You will want to throw a skid plate on it though. Brush guards are nice too but if you stay out of the real narrow single track you'll be OK. Just don't follow OffRoadWarrior :debil:

Gxdragon,
There are plenty of easy trails. I happen to know where they all are ;) Now that the Valley road is fixed it will be no problem getting to them.

Like Trig said, we'll meet in the staging area. When you get to it by the access road, keep going straight until you see us. My Red Dakota has DRN stickers all over the back window and there are fender stickers on my bike.

:yeehaw: :yeehaw: :aj:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Originally posted by RM_guy
Brush guards are nice too but if you stay out of the real narrow single track you'll be OK. Just don't follow OffRoadWarrior :debil:

Aw, now that's not fair!  Both Hucker and FlyinKaw came down to Paragon last year with MX bikes, and not a brush guard between them.  They BOTH followed OffRoadWarrior's group through some Jersey-tight tree sections just fine! 

Funny, though, they didn't ride that section again the next day... something about arm pump and battered knuckles... :think:

:p  

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Hint:
In the tight single track, if two trees look close togeter on either side of the trail, aim for the small one unless the other one looks dead :).

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I just aim right for the middle of the trees so I hit them both, that just eliminates the process of deciding which will hurt less

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I just install chainsaws on the brush guards so i dont have to worry about it next time around. :laugh:

Fair warning, if you ride like a spode dont ride in front of me as i just got a helmet camera and will be bringing it. :) Of course it'll catch my screwups too. Also Nancy boy, please where underwear as we dont want to see whats under your skirt if you happen to hit 2nd gear and get some air moving under it. :p

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I'll be there on the 3rd with 2 friends, my buddy on the YZ 250 and another friend on a KDX220...Trigger's old 220! Trigger, you wont recognize it with all of its new dents.

Since Valley Trail is now Valley Road, are any of you thinking of bringing your kids? Between me and my friends we have 5 kid riders between the ages of 9 and 14. The 9 year old is on a XR50 so his bike is too small yet but the other kids are all good riders. They have been bugging us for a year now to get out to Paragon. If there are enough youth riders for them to hang with I might bring them.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
RV6, there usally are plenty of kids up there and plenty of quad riders, lord knows those guys are slow enough for the kids to keep up with :D :) . And not many quads can get over terain an XR 50 can't. Heheheh.
Trigger;
14 days and a wake up!!!!

Fark

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
I too might be bringing a few quad buddies. Do they do the same trails?
Plus, my girl freind will be there and she won't want to do anything intimidating so we'll have to split into groups according to proper hardware(well prepped bike) / balls(stupidity) / experience. Good news for RV6 and GXdragon.

Is there an MX track there?

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Most of the bike trails are "bike only" meaning no quads fit or allowed on them from my understanding. Also no MX track yet but plans have been made for one sometime.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom