Jun 26, 2007
olderndirtmom said:
J-man that's great. It's that kind of re-reading that helps authors have continuity within the story. Tightening things up strengthens the tale and lends credibility. It is attention to little touches that suck us into forgetting the story is "made up"... We start engaging ourselves in the character's lives. That is what the best storytellers are able to accomplish.

Dirtbike_freak is priviledged to have such an attentive audience.
He grately appreciates feedback.You are raising the bar for db_f. Very cool. :cool:

I'd love to have such a discerning AND faithful audience. Any artist would be very grateful. Thank-you. Scooter's gonna take the next round of proofing, so we'll be expecting him to go back and reread and check for those things... Right Scooter? ;)

Scooter??

lol and people say that redneck dirtbike riders are uninteligent :laugh: :nener:

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
150rguy said:
Sweet sponsorhouse page :cool: . I had to tell you that here since you dont ever get on AOL anyomore

do you have one? i just made mine not too long ago

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
Ya I'll send you a friend request

052zy40

May 14, 2006
I have been reading all along but have held my comments. What a great story. It is very impressive for a 13 year old writer,heck its great for most college age writers. Keep up the good work, you may one day be the Stephen King of MX.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
052zy40 said:
you may one day be the Stephen King of MX.
hmm interesting thought, he can add some killer ground hogs that pop up on the track and chase the racers :laugh:

Dec 10, 2006
crkid33 said:
aint tryin to be pushy or nothin but...WHENS THE NEXT CHAPTER :nener:
Just for that I'm not gonna post it for a day after the original day I was gonna :fft: As a matter afact I think I;ll quit writing this story :yikes:
Just Kidding

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
052zy40 said:
you may one day be the Stephen King of MX.
personally I would rather be the J K Rawlings of MX, she is the first author to become a billionaire from writing books.

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
scooter1130 said:
personally I would rather be the J K Rawlings of MX, she is the first author to become a billionaire from writing books.

Did you go to the premiere last night, Dan? My youngest tried to go decked out in her "school robe and fur vest, with wand in hand"... I guess her sister made her leave the duds in the car. Lol.

I sort of liked the idea of the rabid gophers...

May 10, 2007
yea you have rabid gophers that bite people and they turn into zombies...

and i (personally) would much rather be the robert jordan or tolkien of mx writing. rawling cant write as well as either of those people. she just has a big fan base and people who want to know how it freakin ends (me)

but really read someone like robert jordan and you will go MAN THIS SUCKS when you read her books.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
No I didnt go to the premiere last night, but I know my sister had plans to go. I will wait a couple months myself for the DVD, I havent been to the movies in probably 15 -20 years.

Dec 10, 2006
Sorry guys, I'm really busy and won't have the chapter finished until maybe tommorow or later, and I'm goign to the races this weekend, so I could get it done tommorow nite, send it to scooter and have him post it for me.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I am also taking donations, the more money I get, the faster I will proof it, and the rest of you can read it... I dont know why olderndirtmom never took advantage of this :laugh:

Dec 10, 2006
scooter1130 said:
I am also taking donations, the more money I get, the faster I will proof it, and the rest of you can read it... I dont know why olderndirtmom never took advantage of this :laugh:
I'm broke.

Who else wants to be a proofer? :laugh:

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
scooter1130 said:

I have the words "I will die poor" tatooed on my forehead.

Seems to cut into my ability to strike a deal. That and a personal philosophy of never selling anything that you can give away for free. Lol.

Thank you Dan for taking over.

Now don't mess it up. ;)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
dirtbike_freak said:
I'm broke.

Who else wants to be a proofer? :laugh:
you dont have to donate, just the people who want to read it. And don't worry, I'll split the profits with you.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom