Status
Not open for further replies.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Anger: Always the result of hurt feelings. (by others or ourselves)
Jealousy: The result of not living up to expectations (ours or someone elses)

"But who am I to look for a spec in your eye, when I have a log in my own."

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Gosh! Even after all this, I'm still poor :| :rotfl:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
trial_07 said:
I thought a child was a bit younger than 17 years old don't you think?

It's not a put down... it is just a comparison between ages.

I know when I was 17 I would probably have taken offense but I assure you that no offense was intended.

Just like 50 year olds call me a child I referenced you as a child... it is just due to the disparity in ages.

Ivan

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
FruDaddy said:
I am not really sure that it should be called a fight though,

Heck no... just an Internet Flame War... actually this one didn't even kindle hot enough to be a flame.

Likely we are all tired enough of it to tie up the loose ends and let it die. That is, until next year when some newb resurrects it.

Got done with class and my headache still hasn't subsided but I'm home and able to go to bed soon :)

Ivan

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
FruDaddy said:
My opinion of people in general; not changing anytime soon.

One thing I liked about the movie MIB was the quote (and I'm paraphrasing here) about the person being good and smart but people being stupid.

If you want to generalize about not liking people in that way I can see your point because given any set of circumstances people can seem like sheep but as you get to know a person on the individual level you find they don't fit as neatly into the bell curve as you would have thought just looking outward.

Ok... too much philosophy. I need to go to bed... but I'll probably post at least once or twice more.

Ivan

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
truespode said:
Ok... that was funny... I don't care who you are. Good timing for it.

Yep... I knew I had one more post in me :)

Ivan

Some English expressions are still problematic for me. I don't get the "I don't care who you are" part. Is this all just sarcastic?

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Oh I see! Thanks for taking the time to explain.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
trial_07 said:
Some English expressions are still problematic for me. I don't get the "I don't care who you are" part. Is this all just sarcastic?

You need to watch some "Larry the Cable Guy".

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
IndyYZ85 said:
You need to watch some "Larry the Cable Guy".

no way! i wouldn't recommend it. i got nightmares for a month. didn't look through a peephole for 2 years. and switched to satellite tv. damn cable guys.

:nener:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
elliot67 said:
no way! i wouldn't recommend it. i got nightmares for a month. didn't look through a peephole for 2 years. and switched to satellite tv. damn cable guys.

:nener:

Just for the lingo, dufus.... :whoa:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I doubt that any Cable company would actually hire Larry, then again, I don't think he's even a real redneck. I heard a rumor a while back that I don't care to share.

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Lol. This thread is funny. It doesn't matter what you really think. You should never write anybody off without even giving them a chance. I grew up without much, and I still have most of it. Lol. Not much of anything that is. But my point is, even when judging people, one might say "Oh, so-and-so thinks that they're better than everyone else" Well I've gotten to know a few of the "so-and so's" and guess what? They DON'T think that they're better than anyone else. What pisses me off is when someone doesn't have alot of money and acts like an @$$hole because of it. Shut your mouth and be happy, it doesn't matter if you drive an RV or a clapped out pickup, or even if you strap your bike onto your car. Guess what you're all at the track for the SAME reason. Lighten up, and have fun. Too many people let money run their lives. If you don't have enough of it, and are bitter as a result, well then go get some more, and try to be happy. When you lose all your free time by working to get better stuff, you will see how much more fun you can have even without tons of money. "Money is the root of all evil". Even though some argue that "money" can be repalced with the word "women". Again, SHUT UP AND RIDE!

B

biglou

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/238725.html

The love of money is the root of all evil
Origin:

Often misquoted as 'money is the root of all evil'. Originates in the Bible, Timothy 6:10 (King James Version):

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
biglou said:
For the love of money is the root of all evil.
Do funny things to some people
Give me a nickel, brother can you spare a dime
Money can drive some people out of their minds!

Talkin' bout cash money - dollar bills y'all - come on, now!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
oh yeah, and I hate 15-17 year old Canadians

just on principle

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
XRpredator said:

just on principle

Pred, just so you know.

At todays exchange rate of 1.1852 that would mean you also hate 12.65 to 14.35 year old Americans.

Just on principle.

Just thought you should know.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Mully said:
Pred, just so you know.

At todays exchange rate of 1.1852 that would mean you also hate 12.65 to 14.35 year old Americans.

Just on principle.

Just thought you should know.
You know, now that I think about it, I do hate 12.65 to 14.35 year old Americans.

I guess the exchange rate works!

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
FruDaddy said:
I doubt that any Cable company would actually hire Larry, then again, I don't think he's even a real redneck. I heard a rumor a while back that I don't care to share.

Now you've done it. I could live you judging people without know them and criticizing when they use their camper, but you've crossed the line. :nener:

"My sister has one boob bigger than the other, she entered a wet t-shirt contest and won first and third"

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
XRpredator said:

just on principle

Don't worry Pred, someday I'll turn 18 :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom