Status
Not open for further replies.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I don't know why I thought about this thread today at work but I guess I was really bored.
It occurred to me that FruDaddy asserts he is of a higher intelligence then the majority and not having proof I wil refer to him aa a suedo intellectual. Now I remember hearing about another 'Psuedo intellectual' who some years ago dreamed up a similar concept to what Fru implied. That nobody should flaunt that they have more then anyone else and in fact nobody SHOULD have more then anyone else. This Psuedo Intellectual believed this so strongly that he actually got people to fight for his ideals and eventually he, Karl Marx, was able to found the communist movement in Russia. Now we know this principle of everyone having exactly the same and therefore no-one had more there were no vulgar displays of wealth. We all know how succesfull this theory is.
I on the other hand believe that each indivual should make his own decision on how he wants to live his life. I won't judge you for driving whatever you choose whether it is more or less impressive of what I drive.
Now remember this is just the rambling thoughts of a not so intelligent (maybe just average at best) person.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
The only thing I don't like about the 30+ft travel trailers is that they take up a ton of space. You can fit a lot more people in tents or under tarps in that same space. Even though the foot print of a travel trailer is only 3 tents large or so, the people in them expect us guys with our tarp to stay 30 feet away on all side.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
76GMC1500 said:
The only thing I don't like about the 30+ft travel trailers is that they take up a ton of space. You can fit a lot more people in tents or under tarps in that same space. Even though the foot print of a travel trailer is only 3 tents large or so, the people in them expect us guys with our tarp to stay 30 feet away on all side.
You did hit on a concern that our track struggles with each race. Our pits are limited in size and with 600+ rider turnouts it gets tight. We often have people we hadn't met previously camped right under our awning. We don't allow much extra room around the big rigs and very seldom do we get complaints about that since most everyone can get along.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
XRpredator said:
and I'll change my principles.

Wanna start one of those sub-fights? What do you have against me?

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I'm not a Ford man

We've got an additional thing in common. Believe me, I AM busting your balls, but only because I could like you. I enjoy how these internet arguments always start out hot, and then everyone forgives....

BTW....you said you appreciated that I drive my vette. Hahahaha. I won't drive it...nah, much more than that. Autocross in Garden, low 9 second brackets in Liberal. Beyond that, donuts everywhere, and the occasional high speed run. (I've only gotten 2 hot tickets for 'Reckless Driving'---can you say 'high insurance premium'?) Rather, I'm set to pounce on these guys with the new vipers, vettes, etc.

As somebody else said above, don't underestimate the common man. I, myself, tend towards antisocial stuff---I don't follow trends, etc. I used to take it seriously and think that I was superior. But don't underestimate the common person to completely surprise you.

My dad, at age 23-27 (don't remember), was the biggest black-eyed pea farmer in the country/world, featured in Time or Newsweek. We had this old 63 Riviera with springs coming out of the seats. A la....etc.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
i once got chased by a goose last summer. actually it was more so 3 of them. but that's a story for another time.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
elliot67 said:
i once got chased by a goose last summer. actually it was more so 3 of them. but that's a story for another time.

They were mad because they sat on some of that stupid thistle.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
No way!

I stayed out of this whole mishmosh of a thread. Patiently waiting for it to run it's course. It did and I closed it.

So,

I reopen it and close it again thereby trumping your closing by 1

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Papakeith said:
No way!

I stayed out of this whole mishmosh of a thread. Patiently waiting for it to run it's course. It did and I closed it.

So,

I reopen it and close it again thereby trumping your closing by 1

That makes perfect sense... you are right.

You win :)

Ivan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom