Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
OK ya trolls (living below Da Bridge...), I gots some preliminary info for ya! Seems there's lots of rumors going around, so here's some facts!

First, my opinion about Enduros (you might not agree, but it's my opinion ONLY): Enduros are tests of ENDURANCE! Somehow it seems that aspect has been lost... people appear want an event that is fast and easy. I think it's because land is tough to arrange for these events so they're used to more open and easier terrain. Also, I think hare scrambles and GNCC's that are held on shorter courses (for multiple laps) are influencing peoples perceptions of what enduro courses should be.

That being said, the Loose Moose is held on terrain that allows us to put on an event reminiscent of enduros of days gone by. I think everyone knows that! We work hard to put together an event that is an ENDURO. A fair, challenging enduro event. Does that mean it will be difficult? yes. Will everyone finish? no. Will the course be rideable? yes. Will there be impossible sections? no. Will there be lots of trail? yes. Will you wish there was more? no. Will there be some two track sections? yes. Will there be boring sections? no. Will it be tight/twisty/loamy/hilly/technical/rocky/open/flat/sandy? yes, maybe even a little mud. Will one riding mistake affect your finish place? no. Will your timekeeping and riding skills be tested? yes.

We will be improving on last years event. We got many compliments on last years course, and also received some excellent ideas to make our event even better. There will be an early out for the B and C riders. Per National rules, the A and AA riders have to go 85 miles. We are working on changing parts of the course to give riders a "break" so they have more energy for the tougher sections. You will still be very tired at the end!

Our Trailboss is spending MANY hours out in the woods laying out trail. He is working diligently to put together a trail that will define a good enduro. Our club members are working hard too, and are supporting these efforts to put on a great event. The Loose Moose will not be harder than it has been in the past. Nor will it be easier. Parts of it will be harder. Parts of it will be easier.

All told, I am confident it will be an excellent enduro event! :aj:

Last edited:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Magoo - tell me it isnt so....you wont be there to encourage my kids to moon passing riders? :moon: They sure are going to be bored without your wonderful influence! (gotta love the wonderful role models biker trash make)

It looks like my son will be doing the Mini Moose on Saturday (he has to defend his 1st place in the kids series you know!), and seeing that I will be in the area...i might as well do the Loose on Sunday. Glad to hear you will split off the B and C's makes it sound much more doable from my slow old fart perspective!

Hey is there still time to pre-register? Or should I now just sign up when I get there?

And whats up with this: The Loose Moose will not be harder than it has been in the past. Nor will it be easier. Parts of it will be harder. Parts of it will be easier is Jeff sounding like a politician or what? What office are you running for? :nener:

See you (well not Magoo....) at the Moose!

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
Hey Mike, good to hear you'll be at our event! I still grin when I think how I conned you into coming and trying the Loose Moose for your first enduro! :laugh:
I am super happy to see that despite that, you and your family are hooked on Enduro, like me! :cool:
You can still pre-register. Form and info can be found at our Website
I don't understand your question; I thought my post was VERY clear! :debil:

Teedo

Feb 24, 2004
Time to go for my first race.
Hej Bill am I still on the list?
Looks like I should be here at this time.
No job related travel so far.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Teedo said:
Time to go for my first race.
Hej Bill am I still on the list?
Looks like I should be here at this time.
No job related travel so far.
Still on the list! Send in your registration form to lock in a row number. Put my name down on the form for row assignment, and write s-l-o-w-l-y so that Magoo can read it... ;)

Teedo

Feb 24, 2004
Bill,
It was just yesterday morning I was sure I'm going for this
damn enduro.
Guess WHAT!
Boss called me yesterday afternoon that company in Kentucky
wants me to go for three weeks to KTP (Kentucky Truck Plant)
during shut down. And that is almost till and of July.
And shut down means 12-14 hours a day and 7 days a week.
:bang: :bang: I don't think I would be able to sneak out
for couple of days. :|
I would have to retire first to be able to get to my first race!!!
:uh:
Everything can change, but chance I would be able to go
is 5%. :bang:

Top Bottom