B

biglou

Rich-That harbor shot is incredible! Red, yours look great too! I wish I had the eye for landscapes/cityscapes like you two and others on here.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
biglou said:
Rich-That harbor shot is incredible!

Thanks for the kind words Lou.

The reality is, (at least by my way of thinking) that the harbor shot has some nice colors but it doesn't really tell the story in any meaningful way. If you saw the scene in person it might make more sense. It was incredible.

So the shot I captured is a nice postcard shot (maybe), but not something I would print at 20x30 and stick on my wall. But the sun sets everyday at that spot so one of these days I'll find the magic shot. :cool:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Rich - of the first two, I like the color shot better. The b&w looks kind of gloomy to me. Plus I have always love the colors of the Chicago skyline. Even though I have been driving downtown almost daily for 10+ years now, I still ooh and awe on a clear day or night. I also like the harbor shot, good stuff!

Red - I enjoy your photos as well. The first and the third are my favorites. Very calm and relaxing.

Red 250

Mar 31, 2008
Hey thanks for all the positive comments everyone. I love taking pictures and the only bad picture is the one you don't take. I have probably 5000 plus pictures of my car alone.
Rich most of the time we really cant capture the image as well as our eye does but if you can convey the feeling to someone else thats as good as you can expect. I have never been to that harbor but the picture captured got the idea across... its hard to explain but I really liked the photo and thats really all you can ask for. Someone who has never been there felt like they have been... ...........Red

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom