Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Count me in:cool: a buck or 2 a race is no big deal, just think what this would do for an up and coming rider!

OldManIn

Mar 12, 2001
I would like to know if this has gone anywhere also. I think it is a great idea. We should always collect contributions the year before so we have a given amount of money for the following season. That way there are no misconceptions or false expectations on the part of a rider. They would know up front how much we could add to their support.

I am in for up to $5 per race ... both SX & MX.

Let's bring this back.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
As good as this idea sounds there are other issues and questions that something like this raises.

1. Would we not be better off setting up the dirtrider.net foundation for donations and charity work/contributions.
2. Would we want the members of this sponsoring club to be sponsoring members of DRN first, seems pretty pointless if we are to sponsor a rider, when the site is losing money ! I would think that if somone wishes to sponsor a DRN sponsored rider, they should be sposoring DRN first (or is my logic off here ?!)

Just my 2c

Alan
Bundu

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
Wasn't there another post along this line not long ago?

I think there might have even been some talk of trying to help BillyWho with some National rides.

It's a cool idea, and there is still time before the Nationals start.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I wasnt for the last idea-not because i dont like billy(i dont know him)but becuase i want to see a rider who will be on TV every week-any reasonable rider who is willing to try hard gets my vote/money (but i want to see him on my TV)i would love to think i had played a part in his efforts.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I much prefer the idea of helping out a younger privateer on the SX circuit. No disrespect to Billwho, but my ideal candidate is someone who is scoring around 10th - 15th place in 250 SX and is looking for a little extra boost to get into the top 10.

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
i second Jason McCormick (sp?) Ive been a fan since he was the fastest through the whoops at washougal back in about 92. I had never heard of this guy and he was making my heros look like *****s through them whoops.

TWright43

Apr 21, 2000
another rider to consider is Ryan Clark. he writes a regular "diary" on racerxill.com. he attends both arenacross and supercross(not on the same night obviously) while going to college.

right here is his last article

Last edited:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
For the most part... I think so. It would be great to see it happen though. Me thinks it needs a champion.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i say we sponsor twright43, if for nothing else, his persistence in keeping this five year-old thread alive.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Getting even a hundred people to bother with sending a buck is a LOT harder than you'd think.

Top Bottom