gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
My gawd she must spray paint her face dark brown. That pic almost looks like it's been photo shopped! The Jackson family never ceases to amaze me. And I sure wish they would.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
The Janet Jackson boob shot was no "accident". Any explanation to the contrary is total BS. The part that Timberlake ripped off was attached using a series of snaps - it was designed to be ripped off. He still has it in his hand while finishing the song - it was not "accidentally" caught on his hand. And the only reason you wear a nipple ring that size is when it's part of your costume and you plan on showing it off.

CBS and MTV should be fined heavily by the FCC. It's time to make an example of this kind of crap shown on prime time TV.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for breasts and nipples, but there's a time and a place, and it's not while watching TV with your 9 and 7 year old kids.

:|

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Americans are so upright ..... streakers make a final ........ :) at least where I come from.

A few years back I saw the USA play South Africa in Houston (rugby) ,,, dang the streakers made the party all the more worthwhile .... (yeah, they were South Africans ;) )

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
How many us really give a s%$*?

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
I concur.
If I wanted my family to watch boobs and homies grabbing their cranks, there are plenty of places to tune to.
When you expect to see family entertainment and sports in their context, and you get that crap, its a violation.

BTW, I'm not uptight, I just stand for something..

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
While this definitely was not the right forum in which to expose Janet's breast, I, for one, have longed to see them for years....shame on MTV and more shame on CBS for letting MTV do the halftime show.

Do you think the CBS Execs have ever watched an MTV produced show?

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Yanno, the one article made a good point. Everybody is all up in arms over the pastie covered boob, but I got more worked up over Kid Rock making a flag into a sweat stained parka for TV effect. At least when he took it off he kind of folded it and made sure it didn't hit the stage.

Me, give me good old-fashioned American boobs and take care of the flag. BTW, my kids did see it unfortunately and the oldest just thought the boob incident was stupid but really frowned on the flag.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
yeah, as far as the flag thing goes, Mr. Rock did the wrong thing for the right reasons. We can't blame him too much for his lack of etiquette, in my opinion. At least he actually sang (i.e. didn't lip sync).

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for breasts and nipples, but there's a time and a place, and it's not while watching TV with your 9 and 7 year old kids.

Yep, there was a bunch of programming that was not appropriate for prime time. An exposed boob, a four-hour long erection, a perverted monkey, etc.

However, you had to love the horse and carriage BudLight commercial. I've never seen my daughter laugh so hard!

RUSTY! :laugh:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Who cares about a boob! The Internet is full of pictures of boobs (so I have heard). I wanna see the horse commercial again!

:laugh:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
The way the flag was handled is left to interpretation. Although... truth is the flag is never to be "worn as clothing". I'll give Kid Dumbass this much, he's about patriotisum, misguided as it may be.

The "boob" thing was just that, a boob, most of us has seen a few and very few are worth seeing :p. Had it been on Skin-a-max or any popular "parental desecration advised" show, it wouldn't have been a big deal at all. Fact is, the Super Bowl is about the sport, not skin or on-stage dry-humping. I doubt many that sat down to watch expected that... thus the reaction. Too bad it takes that to interest the target market, but then again, I guess it's "our own fault", surely the producers aren't to blame, it's what "we" ask for.

Last edited:

John Janek

~SPONSOR~
Jan 9, 2004
I was not at all happy with the half time show, music singers etc. I agree with G. Gearloose and would never want my family to see it, unless they needed to see examples of dum-asses. If my boys acted like that, I would beat them into next Sunday. Just my view. John

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
And now on to my origonal question and the answer.
Of the entire SUPERBOWL ,you know the touted biggest sporting event of the year, what is everybody talking about?
The action on the field or the action in the game breaks?

At least now people will sit thru the halftime show next year (instead of running out to get food or beverages and potty breaks) to see how this years can be topped.
BTW I think I'll probably be snoozing just like I was this year

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I can't believe I missed it! :worship:

I changed the channel just as Justin Timberdoodle came on!

I was watching the MX race on ESPN

Not that it matters, but looks like a nipple ring to me! :eek:

Last edited:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
They had a Super Bowl this year? :ohmy:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
What I find interesting is that people are horrified at seeing a little skin on TV, but nothing has been said about the message "It's OK to sexually assault women" ! - In South Africa we have had bare breasted woman on prime time TV for years with no ill effect, no-one gets excited, worked up etc - there is nothing sexual about it, just part of African culture. One of the top stars would do live appearances at sports matches topless, and I don't recall anyone rioting, or losing their minds.

What I find offensive is the sexual content, the dry humping, crotch grabbing, and blatant sexuality on Primetime TV. I give my kids a hard time, no MTV, no Friends, Will & Grace etc, no internet access, and what the heck gives with cartoon network and Adult Swim. Regardless of whether its 'free to air' TV or not, some of that stuff on TV is just sick. I don't see anyone complaining about the sports pom pom girls, or the Coors twins which all get primetime airplay, and what is that all about, sex, and sex selling products. Does anyone explain this to the kids.

Just about every cricket match or rugby game I have attended in the past we have had streakers, usually the local students (yeah the drinking age is 18), and usually it is done in jest, I can remember an International cricket match between England and Australia, and a bare breasted lass ran onto the field, live television and all, and the batsmen chased the cheeky lass, and spanked her on the bottom, made for some great TV - I was a kid then, don't remember being traumatized by it at all.

I can bet if no-one had made a fuss or said anything about the Jackson/Timberlake incident, it would have disappeared into obscurity, now we are going to have to live with this making VH1's or MTV's most shocking moments on TV, and why, because the numbskull paying public want to see this crap. Half this stuff which makes the most shocking TV moments is ho-hum in most parts of Europe, Africa and other parts of the world. This stuff gets hyped to kingdom come and people buy into it.

Lets face it, stuff like this keeps the FCC in business, the bigger the fuss that is made about these issues, censorship, morality etc, keeps someone in a job. There are people right now, the so called protectors of our public morality, sitting down, devising ways to deal with this stuff, deciding what is right for us, and how they will handle it. The more hype they can add to it, the better they look. This is all just fodder for the TV shows, the news networks, the spin doctors, and TV evangelists. I am sure they are all secretly thanking Janet and Justin for giving them a life.

And, why do I say this, because I live in a small conservative town, in a large conservative state, and work for a small conservative company, and the reaction and consensus here has been pretty much ho-hum, no-one is up in arms, no-one is bursting a blood vessel, for a few hours yesterday this was cooler talk, most of the people who watched the game, missed the flash, some had a look on the net to see what they missed. The interest and hype disappeared as fast as it came.

There are more serious issues to life, well .. at least my life anyway.

Neil Wig

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 22, 2000
How long was the offending boob exposed?

Well, if commercials were costing $1.5M for a 30 second shot, then JJ's "advertisment" should cost about the same (per exposed second)....for her...for meathead....for MTV.....and for CBS.

Only seems fair

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
The problem with Americans is the never-ending drive and need to "top this", and "out-shock" the last event. Look how quickly we've gone just in these past 6 months from "F-this and F-that" on awards shows (Osborns, Bono), to lesbo-fantasy tongue lapping (Madonna/Spears), and now performers bearing breasts on TV during prime time family hour. We're quickly becoming numb and desensitized to all this, so the media raises the "shock-value" bar. So what's next? < ADMIN: YOU'VE GOT to be KIDDING! > Again, there's a time, place, and context for all the depravity you'd ever want, but public TV is not it.

And before dismissing this as just some prudish rhetoric.... let's just say that my background and experiences preclude me from running for any public office! It's just the momentum I've seen taking shape over the past 10 years or so. Perhaps too, it's just a different perspective I have based on raising kids in the media environment we live in today.

And along the lines of raising the bar...

A few years ago, my 14 year old niece went to her very first school dance... in a stretch limo. I didn't think that it was the right thing to do. At almost 18 now, limos are blasé' - been-there-done-that-looking-for-the-next-big-thrill mentality. And high school spring break isn't about Florida anymore, it's Puerto Vallarta, Mexico baby!

Just found out that her 6 year old brother was picked up from his elementary school, in a Hummer limo, to go to a 1st grade kiddie birthday party. Keep in mind that this is not "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" land, but middle-class, guilt-laden parents with self-esteem issues trying to keep up with the Jones, or "out-do" other parents. Very sad commentary...

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom