Superbowl- now lets be honest

oldguy

Always Broken
How many of you are going to sit down and watch it? How many are more interested in the commercials?
I am a diehard football fan but the last few years I just can not get excited about the game (or the commercials). I will turn it on but usually by the 2nd quarter I am drifting away and by 2nd half gone. At least this year the Anaheim 3 SX is starting at 5PM (central) so I can flip back and forth :aj: .

It is truely a shame when the majority of people tuning in to watch the biggest sporting event of the year are watching mainly for the breaks in the action :think:

It is truely a shame when the majority of people tuning in to watch the biggest sporting event of the year are watching mainly for the breaks in the action
You sure about that Dave?
I'm going to watch it after A3, cuase it's in killer hi-def and they will be using that Matrix style camera effect on replays :)

oldguy

Always Broken
I guess I feel more are watching for commercials because everyone I talk to has said that and all the hype lately seems to center on them. I know it isn't because the Packers aren't there because the last time they were I still had trouble sitting thru the game.
As for Hi Def TV :worship: we just got color TV in these parts :laugh:
OH well sttle in it's 30 minutes or so to kick off :thumb:

I turn on the game so I can eat and not feel guilty. Let's see....
1. cocktail weines
2. hotwings
3. spam
4. deep fried jalepinio poppers
5. deep fried mozzerella cheese sticks
6. margaritas
7. beer
8. cheetoes
Am I forgetting anything?

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
I haven't watched a whole superbowl in years Dave. Or any other football game for that matter.Used to be a die-hard football fan but it just doesn't do much for me anymore. If they find a way to put any more commercials in they may as well forget about the football part anyways :eek:

CR Swade

Subscriber
Damn if this isn't one the most BORING superbowls in years. Highlight of the game so far was seeing Paul Sr., Paulie and Mikie. Or maybe we can watch NE stall out here at th e20 and miss another field goal...

CR Swade

Subscriber
GAWD THIS GAME SUCKS!!! Time to turn the channel...

CR Swade

Subscriber
Now we are getting some game

14-7, getting better?
I haven't watched a whole Super Bowl in I don't know how long.

CR Swade

Subscriber
It was an ugly 0-0 for most of the first half...w/ equally ugly commercials for the most part. Man, I miss the Bud Bowls. The bets being made off of those were as fun as the game.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
Boy this half time sucks, I mean really really sucks. Oh my .............

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Janet put on a show :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

CR Swade

Subscriber
Kid Rock actually sang and whoa...Justin Timberlake just showed Janet's pastied up boob. That was kind of cool...

Uhhh, I thought the SB was a family thing? I'm guess there is going to be a LOT of heat over that in the days that follow.