Where are you and what sort of riding do you do?

wroof

Sep 6, 2000
ooo I have been misssing out much

Im 20, and an animation major. I live in singapore but I ride up in malaysia. I have been riding for 2 to 2 1/2 years now and have been for half a yr racing some local races as well as the malaysian regional series.
I don't know when and if I will ever get the opportunity to go ride anywhere else besides my neighbouring countries, but if you're ever around malaysia or singapore, we could hook up for some riding.
carmen

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Originally posted by mudmaiden
bbbom,
You obviously get out of camp

I definitely get out of camp, getting back into camp can be a whole different story though - right FC22?!! ;)

The littlest girl is mine and the boy is mine, the other little girl is my boyfriend's daughter. We have a blast riding with the kids. My son tears it up and my daughter is starting to keep up with him. Unfortunately, Karl's daughter doesn't get to ride as much as my kids do and her PW80 is a little heavy for her but at least she enjoys it and joins us whenever possible.

Feel free to share the pics with other mom's. I know my kids are thrilled (especially my son) that I ride with them. I'm thrilled that they will ride with me!

As for the Reno ride, it was a great. We rode all over Moonrocks thanks to our wonderful hosts Strick & Mimi. They coordinated arrivals and bike storage and tour guides and the birthday celebration for FC22 and Kevin. It was beautiful weather in February and I think everyone had a great time. We had talked about a yearly ladies ride but more often would be fine too.

Like you said, it's great to ride with the guys but it is fun to hook up with some other women if you can.

Wroof, I finally got a chance to check out your website and pics. Looks like you are having too much fun! :)

All these places to go ride with DRN people, I'm going to have to figure out a way to retire early!

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
Hi I'm Liz (using my husband Tim's user id) I've been riding and racing an XR200 for a year. I don't expect to find riding buddies online since like the chica from Malaysia we're a little off the beaten path. We live in Cozumel, Mexico. We have a club and a motocross track on the island. Last weekend we raced over in Cancun where I finished 2nd in the beginner category. Tim's been racing MX on & off since he was a kid (he's 45, I'm 31) and we also have a BMW R1100GS that we rode from Florida to Alaska & back for our honeymoon. I've had my motorcycle endorsement since I was 16 and I rode a friends dirt bike a few times when we lived in Dubai but I didn't really LEARN to ride dirt bikes until last year. Before that we were focused on our other passion - skydiving - but there's no drop zone on the island yet. For now I'm the only girl racing here but I've been encouraging some wives and girlfriends of the guys in our club to come play. I'm moving up to either a YZ125 or YZ250F if I can get one, I'm on a waiting list. We're going to keep the XR for visitors. If we ever end up back in the States or Canada we'd like to do some racing there. Hasta luego!

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Welcome to DRN, Liz.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to see pix :) How big is
the island (excuse my ignorance)? Heck, now to add Mexico to my wish
list (as if it wasn't there already - Baja, of course).
The forum goes dead on the weekends, hence the lack of responses,
don't take it personally. :)
Michelle

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
photos

Thanks Michelle.

See if this link to our photos works:

http://communities.msn.com/TimandLizBrown/photos.msnw

Cozumel is tiny. About 30 miles long,9 wide and flat as a pancake. The only hills are the ones we make with a bulldozer. We have some great jungle trails though and we can ride on the beach when it's not turtle nesting season. The water is crystal clear and the main attraction are the coral reefs so we get a lot of scuba divers.

We were in New Zealand in Feb 2000, rented a motorcycle and rode 7000km, all over both islands. We loved every bit of it but our two best riding days were the twisty path down into Skippers Canyon and 90 Mile Beach.
hasta luego, Liz

Last edited:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Welcome Liz! Wow, fabulous photos! So I take it there is some sort of ferry that you take to get to Cancun for the races? How is it you came to live in Cozumel if you don't mind my asking? :) My boyfriend and I plan to vacation there sometime. He just raves about it! :) I would never have imagined there would be a motocross track there, that's awesome.

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
I'll be in Cozumel in November (week of Thanksgiving). OK, who else is in!
Seriously, I'll only be there one day on a cruise.

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
C'mon down!

We're crew and live on a 103' private yacht. Tim's the captain, I'm first mate and chef. Before Cozumel we were on a sport fishing yacht in the Persian Gulf (Dubai) and before that on a liveaboard dive boat in the Bahamas. We've been based here since '98. We don't usually stay in one place this long but we are having soooo much fun and the owners are cool. They don't make it down here very often. We can't take the yacht out when they're not here but we have 3 smaller boats we can use for diving, skiing, fishing. We're a 40 minute ferry ride from Playa del Carmen then it's an hour's drive north to Cancun. We love island life. The only drawback is that you can't buy anything here except margaritas, sombreros and diamonds so if you're coming down please let us know so we can mail order some bits and pieces for you to bring down! We've tried having stuff Fedexed down from the states but if a guy in customs wants it or thinks he can sell it we never see it. Cozumel is an extremely casual island so all you need to bring is a swimsuit and a pair of shorts, that'll leave plenty of room in your suitcase for twin air filters, renthal bars, piston kits etc. C'mon down!!! Liz

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
OH MAN! What a life! Damn, sure wish I could cook! ;) Well, it sure would be cool to meet another DRN'r while vacationing. :) If you're still there if/when we head down there I'll be sure to let you know so you can submit your 'shopping list'. ;)

mudmaiden

Jun 15, 2001
Wow, there are some very interesting riders here, I would have never guessed that there are riders in Malaysia and cozumel. Wroof and Liz, great pics! I recently went to Cozumel for a day (cruise ship), and we rented mopeds. I lead everyone on a dirtbiken moped riding trip to the beaches! Liz, how do you 2 like those bmw's? Are they any good in the dirt? They look so heavy! That trip to New Zealand looked great, I recently have been planning a trip there! :cool: lisa

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
If anyone does come over here, or is planning a trip, I'd love to
meet you. I'm more than happy to send over any maps/pamphlets if
required. I live in the North Island (Auckland - main airport for
NZ), so even if you're heading to the South Island (beautiful place),
if possible I'd meet you at the airport, just to say hi.

I've only been to the South Island twice (typical Aucklander, but for
us it's often cheaper to go to Australia than down there - dumb) and
if we could get work, we'd move there, as it's heaps nicer than up
here.

Liz, your pics look great. Looks like you spent most of the time down
on the SI - did you ride up to 90 mile beach or fly? (90mile beach is
top of the NI, so a darn long ride). As for your job, fantastic :)

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
delayed reaction

Mudmaiden - the BMW is described as 10% offroad. It did great in the dirt and on the soft sand. We were amazed. We love that bike. We rented the one in New Zealand but we have one sitting in the garage in Florida which is really sad because we only get up there 2x a year and usually only have time to change the oil, put in a new battery and take it for a spin. I won't let Tim sell it though because we rode it to Alaska on our honeymoon and I'm very attached to it.

Michelle - we rode all the way. The ride was originally planned as 4500km but because there were only 3 of us and we were all into exploring and seeing as much as possible, we stretched it out to over 7000. I added maps to our photo page so you can see exactly where we went. We recommend NZ to everybody, it is amazing and we can't wait to go back. My parents are going over in March and renting an RV. I wish we could go with them but we're planning a trip to South Africa for February.

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
where, what, who, when

I first got on a dirt bike when I was ten. I learned to ride in Lake Co. which is northern California. Every summer I would spend the summer there and rode around. My first real crash/scar was coming up to the top of a trail and finding someone there and whipping a right to not slam into the back of the bike. Needless to say, husky pipe-my knee, love at first...My first bike was a xl 125. I moved to street bikes. I had a 500 Moto Morini for ten years and even was a motorcycle messenger in SF for two years. I raced a 250 AJSstormer(1963) for fours years with AHRMA and then raced in sonoma on a 250 Ninja. Super fun...This year I was rejoined with dirtbikes on a KTM and fell instantly in love. I can't believe how much fun I'm having. I ride in N. California(middlecreek, stoneyford and around). I'm doing my first enduro on the Rubicon trails(sierra foothills). I'm in a way restarting. I love, love love love technical and a little tt track action to feed the need. I just love to all the girls about it too. I'm going this weekend and hope to have many more tales

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
dirt ride

Do the bikes need a plate, or is a green sticker enough?
Is this an organized ride? How many people tend to show up?
Hey Godspeed, how long have you had your KTM? I'm just starting to get the feel for it. I got to ride a cr125 a couple of weeks ago and it was fun. The ktm is the perfect size for me and the power is super responsive. What size final drive sprockets are you running. I just got a new seat and I shaved it down a couple inches, so it's perfect height. You say you ride desert?

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Fe_Princess, check your e-mail regarding the organized ride info.
I got my KTM in June. It took me about 4 or 5 rides to get comfortable on it. I was coming off an RM125 so there were some large adjustments to make. :confused: I absolutely love the bike. I have the stock sprockets still, although I am considering changing it. I used to ride mostly desert until I got a taste of the woods! Woods were NO fun on my RM but this bike is great in them. I haven’t been back to the desert in a while but I’m contemplating entering a few dez races with KTMster (Darla) who also rides a KTM. A friend of mine lives up your way and I’ve been trying to get up there for some time to meet up with her and ride. I’ll let you know if we plan anything up your way in the future.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Hi,my name is kendall.My dad is mx547.I'm ten years old Iam in the fifth grade.I ride a ktm 65.I like to do this in my spare time...cheerlead,play soccer,play basketball,race motorcycles,pratice guitar and drums with my friends,and play with my pets.started racing when I was 6.I've got about 30 trophies.I raced at the Dallas Supercross in the ktm challenge 2years ago.My favorite riders are Traivs Pastrana,Tommy Clowers and Ezra Lusk.:p
I hope to go to Dirtweek next year.:silly:

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
riding

Hey Godspeed, definetely let me know when you're up my way. I would love to show you the trails up here. The ktm is infinetely perfect for trails. I'm going riding on Sat. at an off road park(Hollister). There are just really short trails and a tt track(for giggles). It's a good warm up for the real stuff. I hope to make the ride up north in Oct. You gonna be there? Write me, it's fun talking to you, denise

Karna&Justin

~SPONSOR~
Sep 27, 2001
OK...Here Goes!

Hello Everyone!
I am new to this post but am totally thrilled with all the female dirtriding enthusiasts out there! I am 27 years old and have been riding for approximately 2 years (if you subtract the months I was pregnant with my son who just turned 6 months old). Three weeks after his birth I resumed riding and can't seem to get off the bike! I started on a '99 XR200. I raced it in my first "family enduro" at Clear Creek, CA in April of '00 and did OK (I finished and didn't get hur,t so all in all, I guess I did GREAT!).
Currently I have been riding a '00KDX200. I am thoroughly enjoying it! I ride with my husband who races "real endurors". My dream bike would be
a KTM200EXC (I have to admit that I am extremely jealous of all you KTM owners on this post). Since I just got my bike last April, my husband is due
for the next new bike (I suppose we have to share). I am planning on riding
the upcoming "family enduro" at Foresthill, CA on 10/14. My husband and I
might make it for the Elkins Flat ride posted on here for 10/20. Are any of
you local gals (local to me, that is) going to make it to either date?

Nice to introduce myself and hopefully see/meet some of you soon!
Karna Hensley

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hello, and welcome! I, too, started on an XR200, but I went straight to a KTM, and now I'm sitting in the pits at every race with a bum knee. So when you do go for the KTM, I bet you will be way more ready than I after your time on the KDX. I almost bought a KDX but at the last minute got buyer's fever and spent the extra money. I can't say I'm regretful--the bike is wonderful--I just wish I could ride it better.

But it doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you are. Once again welcome and hope you have fun here. I'm the local loudmouth as you'll notice so ignore anything annoying I might say. ;)

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Welcome to DRN Kendal and Karna!

Kendal I just love watching those KTM challenges at the SX. Good for you! :)

Karna, if you think “Rocky single track rules!” then you should check out Kennedy Meadows if you haven’t already. The KDX is a fun bike to ride. Good choice. My ex had one and I was hesitant to ride it for a long time. When I finally did, I didn’t want to give it back to him!
Hope to meet up with you and Fe_Princess on the Nor Cal ride. If you guys can make, it there will be a pretty good size group of women riders there. If I’m still in the state we will most likely be there. You would be more than welcome to take my KTM for a spin.

Bbbom, I would love to get up your way sometime. I know, I know, I’ve been sayin’ that forever! I’m curious what your woods are like. I LOVED the woods in Casey, IL. They were different than the woods I’ve ridden here. I thought they were pretty tight, LoriKTM busts out with, “you think THIS is tight?” :eek: I don’t think I wanna ride with her on her turf. :confused:
Having just gone to DW, I won’t be going anywhere (vacation) for a loooong time. Has it started to get cold up there yet?

Top Bottom