Where are you and what sort of riding do you do?

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
I know this is really copy-cat material, but hey, it's a good idea

Thought it would be an idea for the women, so they can maybe find someone else to ride with, or talk to
Also thought if we put how long we've been riding to gauge our ability (to a point - some people pick it up so much quicker than others)

Guys, if your wife's/girlfriend's/daughter's keen to hook up with someone, please specify what she rides (i.e. trails, mx whatever)

Auckland, NZ
Trail riding
About 1-1/2 years

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Hey Michelle,

I've been riding trails for about two years. The bad thing is I might get to go riding about once every three or four months. Needless to say, progress has been slow. When I can, I race S.E.R.A. enduro's and an occasional harescramble (when I'm in the mood for severe embaressment). Anyway S.E.R.A. covers the southern areas of the U.S. (Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas).  I think this is a good idea. I have trouble keeping up with where everyone is located also.

CNM
2000 XR200
Birmingham, Alabama   U.S.A.

------------------
I may be slow but I'm determined!

<p align=right>04-25-2000 :Edited

Great idea Michelle!

KTM125EXC
Enduros, hs, ds, and MX, whatever!!
PA
Going up to Canada to ride this weekend!&nbsp;&nbsp;Much fun!!&nbsp;&nbsp;Fortunately, I get to ride 3 or 4 days a week with a great rider whos been to the ISDE's 4 times so I get to learn alot everytime we go out. I've been riding for about 3 years.&nbsp;&nbsp;Hopefully I will have a lot more years ahead of me seeing as though I'm 23.&nbsp;&nbsp;Anyone planning on attending any outdoor MX's this season?

I ride in Northern Colorado....mostly Woodland Park, Rampart Range area....mountain riding up in Grandby....some track riding (Berthoud and Watkins. I ride with my boyfriend (CR250) and we also enjoy riding with other couples.....I'm also looking to find a another woman to ride with when he can't get away from his business.

Katie

I live in Santa Barbara, CA (about 1.5 hours north of Los Angeles on the coast)&nbsp;&nbsp;My boyfriend (KDX200) and I (RM125) try to ride every weekend.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have only been riding since shortly after Thanksgiving 99 (4.5 months).&nbsp;&nbsp;We ride with another couple as well.&nbsp;&nbsp;I ride mostly trails, sometimes sand dunes (Glamis New Years, Pismo).&nbsp;&nbsp;I tried a track (non maintained) for the first time last weekend.&nbsp;&nbsp;Still building up the nerve to try the real MX track at Gorman.
Always looking forward to meeting more women in the sport to ride with, so if you're ever in my neighborhood and want to ride let me know.

------------------
Aimee
RM125

I live in Issaquah, WA...its about 20 minutes from Seattle.&nbsp;&nbsp;I just started riding recently, so I havn't tried any trails around the Seattle area yet.&nbsp;&nbsp;I attend Gonzaga University and have riden out at 7 mile ORV park.&nbsp;&nbsp;So far I've just done trail riding, but i'm interested in trying an enduro or poker run. I have an 84 XR100.&nbsp;&nbsp;It used to be my brothers, then it got put away and forgotten about due to the land closures of Tiger MTN. The only other trails that I've riden on are the ones around Buttonfly's house in Richland and some in Sun River Oregon.

I live in Santa Barbara
I have a Rm 125, I am hoping to get a 00-2001 yz 125 soon.
I have been riding for a little over 2 years. I learned to ride on trails but over the past year have ridden mostly MX. I ride sand dunes every so often and desert as well. I started racing Mx and I am either racing or riding track almost every weekend.
I usually ride with my boyfriend and a couple other friends.

[This message has been edited by Motogirl (edited 10-30-2000).]

Hey, I live in Seattle, but I am moving to a very small town in Oregon in a couple of months.&nbsp;&nbsp;The only good thing about the town is that everbody rides either dirt or street bikes.&nbsp;&nbsp;I am planning on getting my first of both when I move there.&nbsp;&nbsp;So, I don't really ride yet, but hopefully I will be soon.&nbsp;&nbsp;A friend also has a track down there for me to learn on.&nbsp;&nbsp;Wish me luck.
Tiffany
Seattle, WA

nikki

Moto Junkie
I'm from around Chicago and I ride an RM 125

I race motocross and have been riding for 2 years.
I race almost every weekend and went to Loretta
Lynn's last year (the amateur motocross national)
It was the coolest week of my life!!&nbsp;&nbsp;

CJ Rider

Subscriber
Well, OK! I'm another Colorado trail/track rider. Rampart Range, Divide, Watkins, Berthoud, Thunder Valley. It looks like we need to hook up with Katie (above). I've never been to the Woodland Park area, but I'd love to check it out!

-CJ
TTR125L

I am in San Diego, Ca.&nbsp;&nbsp;I ride mountains, desert, and everything in between.&nbsp;&nbsp;Both of my KDX's are street legal so I have very little limitations as to where I can ride.&nbsp;&nbsp;I also have a trials bike and compete in the local ATA and ITS series.&nbsp;&nbsp;My hubby and I will travel just about anywhere for some good long riding as we just got back from doing the 5 miles of hell in Utah.&nbsp;&nbsp;Most of our rides are no shorter than 75 miles and we hate riding around idiots and pit racers.&nbsp;&nbsp;

If you wanna hook up send me an email.

Brenda

------------------
1989 KDX 200
1992 KDX 240
Both street legal
1998 Montesa Cota 315

bbbom

Subscriber
Wow, the ladies room is filling up since I've been gone.&nbsp;&nbsp;

I've been riding since Spring '99 - wood trails in Spokane, Washington area.&nbsp;&nbsp;Batey Bould, Little Pond Oreille & Mica areas.&nbsp;&nbsp;Tried a harescramble & mx track once this spring - not the place for my KLX, it belongs in the woods!!&nbsp;&nbsp;If time permits between work & building my house I would like to try more harescrambles, enduros..... whatever.

Usually ride from my house with my brother, his buddies, sometimes their wives, sometimes my boyfriend & sometimes my kids.

Hi gals...I ride a KDX200...lots of trails and bony piles (soft piles of ash/cinder) here in Westcentral Pennsylvania. I love climbing BIG hills. Been around 1 type of bike/atv or another most of my life, had a pw50 at age 7. Trying my first poker run on Sunday...wish me luck... :)

------------------
Wheeeeeee!!!!

'94KDX200

[This message has been edited by Screamin_MIMI (edited 07-21-2000).]

curlyma

Lifetime Sponsor
Neat idea!
I live in Morgan City, So. Louisiana, one hour due south of Baton Rouge. Do most of my riding in central La., in Kitsachie Nat'l Forest. I've been riding a little more than a year. Present bike is a 96 kx 100. I also ride the SERA enduro circuit (LA, Miss., Ala. & Ark) with Gene, my husband. I sign up at the last minute and get *way* to the back of the pack! I figure the races give me that one more chance to ride and learn.

Angie Stelly