Attn. So. Cal. Wrecking Crew--Phelan, 4-28

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by JPIVEY
let see, heads Phelan,tails race......... cool Phelan, I like these double headed coins ;)

HA! You just don't want to get beaten again. :p

Sorry guys, JPIVEY got me hooked on this desert racing stuff; I'll be in Lucerne at the Hare & Hound. Anyone else? Unit74?

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Placelast, you busted me. I was double-checking my post since it was late last night when I originally posted, caught and corrected my mistake, then saw your post.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Adventure Pass

I've always gotten mine at Big 5 Sporting Goods. You don't have to wait to buy it, as it has a scratch off for the date you will be using it.

One day pass is $5.00, and the year pass was $30.00 last time I checked. With all the forest rides I'm planning this year I might just bust out and get the year pass. :confused:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
here's a stupid question:

how often are these adventure passes required? what i mean is, should i get the year pass or just the single.

my maths says: year pass = $30, day pass = $5; so to make it pay for itself, i would need to do 30/5 = 6 rides per year.

how often do you guys need to use this pass??

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Elk, not sure if you'll get the chance or more accurately stated, have the honor to see me eat it (dirt, not ****) this weekend. We were just out there two weeks ago and did an Enduro yesterday. The Cleghammer is awesome but 3 weeks in a row might be a bridge too far.

At present current status level reads as a :whiner: probably not to weak maybe.

Last edited:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Re: PHELAN RIDE

Originally posted by socaltrlrdr
PS: I know about the rag in the air filter out at cleghorn!!!! hehehe......
and chippies rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!see ya on the trail soon!
Originally posted by thumbs
#7 the old guys can't tell the new guys about the "Shop rag incident"

Elk - What part of rule #7 don't you understand? Just for that your donut is going to impound! :p

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hey, I can't control the posts!! Sorry! hehehehehe:p:p Looking forward to seeing everyone up there that can make it, even you Tony!!:)

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Tony... Don't you know that when you get to Elk's age your memory starts to go. He probably forgot all the rules right after he read them... Give the poor OLD guy a break...

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Originally posted by *william*

HA! You just don't want to get beaten again. :p

Sorry guys, JPIVEY got me hooked on this desert racing stuff; I'll be in Lucerne at the Hare & Hound. Anyone else? Unit74?

*william*, have fun,be safe and you will be kicking my butt again soon :aj:

And I'm pretty sure unit 74 will be there

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Hmmm ... let's recap:

KTMBoy
MXBundy + 3 ?
WR Jeff :)
Elk + 1 ?
MX Dude
JPivey
bclapham
Thumbs
Old 'n' Slo
SoCa DRZ-S
Scar Tissue
LongTime + 1 ?
Desert Racer
Captain Jack ??????????? Well ... can you see what you will be missing ? Just look at the list of names !!! Buck up and Ride !!

Oh yeah ... and the Eel.

I will vote for staging option # 3 ... when should I expect my proxy ?

See you all on Sunday !

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
If you're not sure when you'll be needing a pass again, just pop for the day pass. I ended up buying 3 of them last year, and I'm still debating if I'll get 6 rides in this year that will require the year pass.
6= a wash; 7 or more, you saved, so I'll probably just opt for a day pass myself.

Apr 15, 2002
Re: PHELAN RIDE

Originally posted by socaltrlrdr

PS: I know about the rag in the air filter out at cleghorn!!!! hehehe......
and chippies rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHA chippies rule..... chippies are AAA with a gun :moon:
SBSD rules all........

oh yeah...... live in colton but can't make it... gotta wash dishes at my job :whiner: oh well gotta pay for the bike somehow

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Re: Re: PHELAN RIDE

Originally posted by 909

HAHAHAHA chippies rule..... chippies are AAA with a gun :moon:
SBSD rules all

Why do you think I took an investigators spot, got tired of hearing that!! :)

Count me in definately for the ride but not sure about Jr. yet. #3 staging sounds good, and is Mickey D's still on for 7:30-8:00 ?

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I know where Phelan is but can't find it on my green sticker map. Spark Arrestor no problem, but what about a red sticker?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by desert_racer
Tony... Don't you know that when you get to Elk's age your memory starts to go. He probably forgot all the rules right after he read them... Give the poor OLD guy a break...

Good one Rex. BAWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oops, never mind. :confused:

Good to see you back on DRN. Now, what were we talking about??????? ;)

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Words from CalOHV

HEY, I THINK I ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION. RED STICKER VEHICLES W/SPARK ARRESTORS SHOULD BE ALLOWED BECAUSE ACCORDING TO AN ENFORCEMENT OFFICER AT CAL-OHV, ANY RIDING AREA THAT IS LEGAL AND NOT LISTED ON THE 2 STROKE RIDING SCHEDULE (EXCEPT OF COURSE PRIVATE PROPERTY,WILDERNESS,OR STATE-PROTECTED LAND), WILL FALL UNDER THE SAME DATE RESTRICTIONS AS THE NEAREST OHV AREA LISTED ON THE 2 STROKE RIDING SCHEDULE. SO I'LL JUST USE STODDARD VALLEY'S SCHEDULE.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Sounds good to me. I'd go with that. :) Honestly I've never noticed to much of a hassle by the rangers with the green or red sticker issue. IMO: The sparkys are the biggest deal.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Just ride, if they stop you, you are out of the scheduled dates!:)

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Looks like Kiwi Bird and Poolman might make it (finally!!). I'm still weak and sore so will promise to be extra slow and stay out of the way.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
come on kiwi, with a name like that you must be from NZ, so it will be cool if i am not the only one present who speaks with a funny accent!

Top Bottom