Attn. So. Cal. Wrecking Crew--Phelan, 4-28

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Thumbs, No I have the printed version. I'm not going to worry about stickers. Just a note for everyone, the caretaker at the University Study at the end of ZZyx road near Rasor has a beef with us red stickers. This guy actually told me to turn around quick before he decided to call the ranger. There's is always someone trying to ruin my desert runs.

bulldog496

Sep 26, 2001
Green - Red stickers

Hey guys, remeber me?
For those of you that are not familiar with phelan: Green stickers are required on the Forestry Land ( the ridge road) and designated sticker trails. Red sticker bikes are not allowed between Feb 28 and Nov 1. However, this does not apply to the county and private property areas bordering the National Forest. As always, spark arrestors do apply. The tree police have been periodic in the same areas. The SBSD has their own interpretation of the off-road laws in the area, and they like to enforce them on Dual Sport Bikes. Just be careful and use your heads.

bulldog

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Mini Report.....

After work my buddy and I rode from the 15 & 138 up to the ridges and back. Then Went up the Cleghorn trail east towards the 138. We rode 50 miles before the sun disappeared. These were conditions at the time.

dusty
windy
dusty
hot
dusty
slippery
dusty

Make sure your filters are clean and you bring plenty of water. We didnt get out there until 5:30 and it was still pretty hot.

I must say its really nice riding during the week. We only came across 1 other bike. We had the whole place to ourselves.

Jeff

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Bulldog, how was your 1 week stay up in Central CA? Call me, I've got some info for you. You coming on Sunday?

I've got a red sticker but found some green paint in the garage!:p I'll have to wing it and hope for the best.

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Maybe I missed it after re-reading 6 pages worth of messages, but is everyone meeting a Mickey Ds ?? Where is this Mickey Ds ? I know there is a Mickey Ds in Phelan, but it sounds like this one is well before Phelan. I'll be coming from the West, so if it's too far from Phelan I may have to meet you guys at the staging area.

Can't wait.....c'mon Sunday :aj:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Mickey D's is right off the 15 and 138 on your way up the Cajon Pass.

I'm probrably going straight to staging area #3.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I've never been to #3 so I'm looking at either Wendy's (my favorite) or MD's. Let me know!

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
looking out of my window, it just looks like england.

shall i bring some tea and crumpets?

anyone for a game of cricket?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Looking out my window too, didn't know they had U-hauls in England!!:)

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
Originally posted by JPIVEY

*william*, have fun,be safe and you will be kicking my butt again soon :aj:

And I'm pretty sure unit 74 will be there

Well. I'll be there if I can get my suspension back in time!! Called Dick yesterday and he was still "working on it." **Crossing my fingers** I'll be at the Race! Dem points is too valuable ;)

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Count me in. I would meet ktmboy at the Wendys and follow the rest of pack in. I'll wait for the final vote.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm sure by Saturday we'll have changed 20 times as to the first meeting place! I'll still wait to see.:)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
If you guys get to MDs by 7:30 you could grab your grub and be at Wendys by 8:00. The Wendys is right at the bottom of the 395 exit, rt. turn at the signal.

C'mon guys, 8:00 at Wendys? :aj:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
ditto!

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000

I can ride Friday or Saturday, so leave it to the SoCal wrecking crew to schedule a ride for Sunday. :think:

Well, there's always the ROTMX at REM on Saturday, which means I'd be riding with a bunch of old farts on a lousy track and with a bald rear tire (those desert enduro's eat tires).

Life ain't fair..... :(

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Whaaaa! Sorry you can't make it. :(

homey

Aug 7, 2001
Adventure Pass?

What the heck is an Adventure Pass? I have been riding at Bell Mountain for 20 years now and never heard of an adventure pass. Do I need one to ride out at Bell Mountain on Saturday? Can anyone here help me out?

Sorry I can't make the ride on Sunday. I would have liked to have met all of you but I really wan't to take it easy, this will be my first ride since ACL sergury in Febuary, and I have no spark arrestor or adventure pass!

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I'm in for Mickey d's at 8: 30 or
Wendys at 630 or
stage area 3 at noon or
the track on Sat or
the golf course on friday or
:confused: :confused: :confused:

You guys sound like my wifes family. :uh:

Meeting at Wendys off the 395 at 800 or the 138 Mickey D's at 730, takes about the same time so I don't care. If we're going to ride out of staging area # 3 (by the power lines) listed on page 3 of this thread, I'd assume just meet at Wendy's. But I really don't care. I just need to know before Friday at noon. (when I log off for the weekend)

LT are you staying the whole time? do you want to Carpool?

Top Bottom