Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
More stuff added to Subscription benefits... see the first thread.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Happy to support such a awsome and informative site :yeehaw:

I sent PayPal last thursday and got a reciept, but when I go to put on a avatar there is non to choose from. Please explain to this computer illiterate if I am doing it wrong.

Went to your cp, clicked edit options, change avatar, but it shows 0 to choose?

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Under your name just shows "registered" so you are not as of yet supporting. When that happens you will see the avitars.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I paypalled on Wed eve late and got recipt on thursday. I just wanted to make sure the $ got to where it needs to. Love the site!

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
DOH! :o

I'd like to blame the puter but.......

Thanx

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by KWJams
If everyone ponied up to be a Life'r -- in a few years we would be back in the same place.

The best deal for DRN is yearly subscriptions and support team memberships.

I was thinkin the same thing Ken. :thumb:

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
That's assuming all of the money would spent as soon as it is sent. If 15,000 members signed up for life memberships today, that is $1,635,000. If it were invested to earn only 4% (can be done), that would generate $65,400 to cover site costs without cutting into the original fund and provide some money for growth and added features.

So, if everybody would sign up as a lifer now, we could guarantee that there WOULD be the means to have a site for the rest of our life/membership. Of course this is a best case scenario based on speculation as a result of my experience at other (smaller) sites. Maybe $65k a year wouldn't be enough. But there would always be yearly subscriptions to help pick up the slack.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by Okiewan
15,000 members go Lifer? Yeah, we'll deal with that "problem" if it happens LOL.

Just proving that there isn't a disaster if EVERYBODY became a lifetime sponsor.

As always, there is the way it should be, and then there is real life. I dunno about you Okie, but I usually get real life :)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Okiewan
15,000 members go Lifer? Yeah, we'll deal with that "problem" if it happens LOL.

The only problem that I would have is trying to find DRN on the S&P 500 :)

Okie let me know when you decide to issue stock.... :)

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I never implied it would be a good stock pick.

How many shares would you buy at $109 of a company that only earned 65-100K per year gross revenues and most likely generated a net loss per share?

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Hey Okie, The form to fill out and send a check isn't on the server. Could you re-post it. My Pay Pal is screwed up too. Apparently I already have an account that I forgot about....

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Bill Hibbs
Hey Okie, The form to fill out and send a check isn't on the server. Could you re-post it. My Pay Pal is screwed up too. Apparently I already have an account that I forgot about....

Bill,

When I went and did the LSTM thing I had forgotten my password. To make matters worse my card had been stolen last year so I couldn't re-verify my account to change the password. The represenitive I talked to on the phone told me to set up a bussiness account under my name at no charge to me. Works just like the personal account and no fuss.

Good Luck!

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by James

How many shares would you buy at $109 of a company that only earned 65-100K per year gross revenues and most likely generated a net loss per share?

:think: It was a joke big guy, I never thought anyone would take it seriously. Besides with the only product of this site being info, friendships, DW, and great deals on gear, I wouldn't care if I lost money, the value I find in DRN is worth much, much more ;)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by James
I dunno myself, but ask the rats bailing out of tech and biotech .... :thumb:

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by IrishEKU
:think: It was a joke big guy, I never thought anyone would take it seriously.

I know, I know.....it's hard to type in a big goofy face with a stupid grin on it to show that I meant it in good humor. But I'm workin on it ;)

I think Tony got the gist of it. But don't need to ask the rats, I was one of them. And don't even ask me about Mexico and the Peso devaluation. To further demonstrate my investing savvy....guess who bought a whole bunch of Ford stock not too long ago...and believe me, it is worth a whole lot less now.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Gotcha :thumb:

On that note be glad it's not 12-14 years ago and your name is Mike Milken. :)

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
I'll ask the experts: I joined ($12.00 subscription) but now can't get into my profile and my old signature doesn't show. Probably some other things too. What do I need to do?

The signature shows in the preview, but not when submitted.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
There was someone else that had that happen, I think Okie is working on it.

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
Fixed it is. Whew, when it comes to computers, I'm lucky if I can find the space bar.

Okie---Are you as gifted when working on dirt bikes too? Thanks.

Top Bottom