mkuder

Jan 3, 2002
Well I finally put up the cash for a life membership, it's been two days and still nothing? duh, where did it go george where did it go?

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
how long DOES it take for action? (via snail-mail) rough estimates would be cool...:confused: :)

i should be sending my snail-mail registration form tomorrow or so, so i was just wonderin'.... :think:

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
I find this site to be worth the money but how can i know that in another few months i need to pay even more or that this site just dissapears? How can i know that whoever gets the money doesnt just find this a good way of earning money for a living?

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
What would be wrong with making a living running the worlds largest dirt bike web site? Seems like honest work to me...

I bet the folks running Dirt Rider, Dirt Bike, etc. magazines ain't workin' for free...

Last edited:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by pyromaniac
I find this site to be worth the money but how can i know that in another few months i need to pay even more or that this site just dissapears? How can i know that whoever gets the money doesnt just find this a good way of earning money for a living?

Those are all valid points but it applies to more than just this site, it applies to every business. A thing you have to consider is the longevity and content of DRN compared to other like businesses. I suppose it could dry up in a month or two but with support it will last. If the other were to happen (which it won't because I've met Okie and have seen the passion in his eyes), besides, way too many people know where he lives. :p
If that was the case and if it were to go away, the money out of pocket on my part is not that significant that I would lose any sleep over it.

mhardee

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by bluerider125
wrote the check and i'm mailing it this mornin' !!!

Alamogordo,New Mexico .. ahh.. I was out there in 98, I believe, for a SprintCar race at the track north of town. It also had a MX track.. The countryside was beautiful, in a weird, red sort of way..

How do you wash that red dirt off? I still have some red stained shirts from that trip!

Is there many places to ride there?

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
yes, actually many places. red hills, (motocross practice) about 5 mins from town, red sands, (desert racing practice- many trails and a 45-mile loop) about 30-45mins from town. the dump-a landfill with many HUGE jumps- (freestyle practice), behind auto zone. in el paso, Tx, there are dunes- decent dunes, plus many, many trails. the mountains- cloudcroft, etc. near 10,000 feet, 30 mins from town(no joke-5,000+ feet in 15-20 miles, you should see the road! :eek: ) enduro/HS/ offroad-ish woods riding. also there is a trail from alamo to west side road, which is at same alt. as cloudcroft. the desert behind my house- i built 3 practice tracks with a shovel and a wheelbarrow, plus lots of trails.

yes, there are many places to ride. :)

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
oh yeah, the red dirt... you don't. yes, the sprint cars, also reg. cars; super stock, street stock, hobby stock races. and Q*ad races too. they are still at sertoma speedway, so is the mx track, and the TT track(infield of car track) dragstrip coming soon... ;)

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Do non supporting members lose their ability to see pictures posted in a thread? Specifically, the thread BigLou posted in the KTM forum. Thanks.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Maybe some people don't understand what's going on .... (don't blame ya)

Note: this is a general statement, not directed at Bill Hibbs!

I have to reduce bandwidth/cpu usage. That is a unavoidable fact. Everything that has been removed (non-subscribers) affects both of those things. I'm sure there will be a lot of people pissed at me, but, gotta do what I've gotta do.

When all this first started, I assumed it wouldn't be that big of a deal, everyone can still use the site after all. I got an email yesterday from someone saying they'd rather see the site go under than lose the "free" stuff that they felt liked they "deserve" because they've been here for a long time. Blows my mind.

I got another email saying that if I can afford a new truck, that I can afford DRN. Besides the fact that it was some really stupid rationale on their part, the last truck was a lease that came due in August. Second, with the 0% financing, I got a better deal buying a new one. Not that it's anyone's business, but hey, I'm not willing to give-up my vehicle to continue to fund the "free stuff" for those who think $1 a month is a rip-off.

Another one told me how I must be making a ton of money for all those logo's they see (LOLOLOL!!). Please don't make statements like that unless you are an advertising professional. If you were, you'd realize how ignorant that statement is. People may also be surprised to hear that the MAJORITY of logo's / banners are here because we convinced the sponsor to DONATE STUFF THAT WE COULD GIVE TO YOU at DirtWeek. They give us stuff, we run their ads.

I doubt I'll spend much more time replying to these "free stuff gone" posts. It seems every time I respond, someone wants to argue more, as if they have even the slightest idea of what they are talking about.

Take what I say the reasons/issues are, or don't. Pretty simple, but really, I don't need anymore hate mail, lol.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Against logic there is no armor like ignorance.
Laurence J. Peter

Damn man, I feel for you having to put up with Sheiza like that. As Sarge would say, well maybe I shouldn't say it :) :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Don't sweat it.  If people leave over the issue of $12.00, let them go.  Nothing lost in my humble opinion.

BTW - I am glad you got a new truck.  You deserve it.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by Tony Eeds
If people leave over the issue of $12.00, let them go.
Teeds,
I hear ya brother.  But they don't even HAVE  to pay the $12!  If they don't, they don't get the full featured DRN. Quite simple.

You get what you PAY for! Here and in life!

Sorry....just a little hot over that truck issue. :p

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Tony Eeds

BTW - I am glad you got a new truck.  You deserve it.
Ditto! :thumb:

bscottr

I am too, that was what the quote was for.

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Sorry to ask. This whole thing has obviously got you at the end of our rope. I'm just trying to figure out what's going on around here. I've got no problem with the $12. I've just got to get a stamp for my check. :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Sorry to ask. This whole thing has obviously got you at the end of our rope.

No, not really.  I understand that many won't like it. The hate mail kinda ticks me off, but no biggie.  The thing that does bother me are folks who think they have some inside info or something.  I guess there will always be those who speculate and present it as fact....

I'll be updating some stuff over the next couple of days (the faq for one) so at least the info will be available.  I've just trying to find the best compromise for everyone. As soon as it's all nailed-down, I'll post it. 

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Okie, I hope you are banning the individuals that are sending you the usless drivel. Something about the Military Mind Set and Respect. If not I applaud you for your paitiance, candid and well thout out replys to such a volitile issue.

For all those out there that are even contemplating sending mail of this nature stop and just think for a second what you last spent $12.00 bucks on. I am not made of money nor do I try to live like I am but(and I am not blowing my horn here) I am fortunate enough to have helped out a few that I see as friends.
$12.00 bucks:

2 movie tickets
12 pack of beer
Dinner at Fridays
My last MX Shirt X4
Shipping cost for much needed parts.
Estimated Shipping cost of Care Package.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Well I wanted to go the LSTM route in a couple months but something always seems to come up and I have to 'redirect' my funds and it sounds like this site is need of some financial support NOW so I just mailed in my 12 big ones. Hopefully I can do the LSTM later if that top poster hasn't used up all the bandwidth by then! j/k :) What gets me is the people that have been here for 2-3 YEARS and FINALLY pay the 12 bucks then try and flame someone who's only been here a short time because they haven't paid yet.

Top Bottom