the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I was hoping to get a sense as to whether people were shooting for the weekend before July 4th or the weekend after ? I need to get the vacation days in and want to pick the right days.

Rhona will be joining me unless she has to work, in which case I'll be solo. As of right now she'll be there.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
For now, Im flex, waiting on the same info: Before or After

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
C'mon, where is everybody at?

The only place we should here crickets is at camp after everybody goes to bed, including "The Captain". ;)

Besides how rough is DRN style camping?

Attachments

• far.JPG
    far.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 245

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Well Chris - I guess you and I will see each other at Kennedy Meadows !

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Its because I used here instead of hear............

just imagine....................

smoked salmon, spinach salad with blue cheese, pasta side, finished up with a Anchor porter around the fire............................

Now thats camping.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I've tried camping there in a tent and last time I slept in my truck (the worst). I'm not going back there until I get a toy hauler with all the comforts of home (well, not quite all the comforts).

My rekluse equipped CRF would work nice on those kind of trails though - even with stock gearing. :nod:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Alright - I couldn't really wait any longer so I took off the 5th and the 6th. So I'm in for the 4th and after, not before.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I'm in for the weekend before only. The weeknd after I fly out of town. I'll probrably head up Friday AM and back on Sunday night. I ll be bringing the boys, so I ll be doing more camping than riding. :)

FYI, sorry for the slow responses, I had to disable my email notification from the site threads as it was jacking up our system.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
the Eel said:
Alright - I couldn't really wait any longer so I took off the 5th and the 6th. So I'm in for the 4th and after, not before.

This is likely the route I will take as well, prolly heading up Thurs AM so the boys can take in some fireworks.

Ill see how this shakes out, but Eric it looks like you and Rhona can stay with us if you wish, or it may be a boys trip. Stay tuned.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Chris - we'd love to stay with you and Kim if you have the space. Pencil us in if you do.

Or, if it's a boys trip, I'll likely make it a shorter stay and do a boy's trip as well.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
My neighbor, Masterblaster, and I may come up after the 4th for a couple of days. Even if it's just for Erics cooking. :nod: :cool:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
the Eel said:
Chris - we'd love to stay with you and Kim if you have the space. Pencil us in if you do.

Or, if it's a boys trip, I'll likely make it a shorter stay and do a boy's trip as well.

Zactly-
For me the determination if it is a boys trip or a fam camp is who shows, Kim has no interest in hanging in camp watching the boys while I/we go ride. I need to contact Bundy, Thumbs and crew. What about Natalie? if Nat and the captain go, Kim will prolly set sail. :debil:

Terry- would like to see ya up there, what about Elk?

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Sounds good.

89r - it's Chris', Eddie's, Natalie's, Kav's and Bundy's cooking that you're thinking of - mine is more along the line of what we call "enduro sandwiches" - pre-mades from the Stater Brothers in Mojave !!!!!!

( : Hope to see you there !!!

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Chris.

Elk said he may come up with a couple friends from work on the weekend after.

Eric. Oh yeah. I forgot, that was Eddie's cooking I was thinking about. Yum. :nod: Where's Eddie been? Haven't seen his name in a while.

Anxious to see all you guys again. :yeehaw: It's been a long time.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I usually come in through Kernville for day trips, and stage near Sherman Peak.

It would be easy to ride from there to meet up with you guys for one day's worth of riding.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Hey dave, was that during the KTMtalk ride? The monsoons sure make it nice and cool and improve traction. Come on down the hill, but at this point with no other families going, Ill be more family camping and treking the wife and kids to places that they can ride around, Troy-Fish connector is too much for their current skill set.

A boys trip after the 4th is what I will need to do to get some real riding in.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
It was just me and 4 friends.

We did have a monsoon that week, so it might have been on the same weekend as the KTM ride. Conditions were just about perfect and as good as it is ever going to be for late July.

I have not been up to the plateau this year, but I'll bet it is dusty already. Not much snow this spring.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Ok, I'm trying to make it on the 5th and stay over to the 6th. Probably drive up on the 5th and arrive late morning, then my other buddy will be coming up in the evening. We'll stay over till Friday and ride during the day, then drive back in the afternoon. I'll stay in touch with the posts and see where peeps are going to be. ;)

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Right now it looks like I'll be heading up on the 4th or 5th and staying until the 8th.

We need a head count and whoever is the first on the scene to capture an appropriately sized camp spot or two...most likely in Troy overflow!

Anyone know if Fish Creek Overflow is back open yet or not?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'll get back to you on a head count as soon as possible. I may drive back on the 7th instead so I can squeeze out another day!

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Ill be coming up the 5th and will need space for my 27' trailer. Troy overflow has water spigot near the entrance, so that is handy.

Top Bottom