LBL Turkey Bay Fall Ride Nov. 15

TVRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 29, 2002
Hey Guys,

I feel like I know alot of you from reading your posts. I just kind of sit in the background and try to absorb info. I've only been back into the bikes for about a year, but I'm really enjoying it!! I'm in Cape Girardeau, MO (about 2 hours). I'll try and make it just cuz I'd like to meet and ride with some DRN'rs.

Is there a specific place you meet? I've never ridden at Turkey Bay before. If someone can post some directions to the stageing area, it would help.

Tom

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
About half way down this map you will see a dashed line surrounding Turkey Bay (the riding area)
MAP1

The trail map below shows the registration area (after going through registration we normally stage at the large open rockey area about 1/2-3/4 mile down the road on the right:
MAP2

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by MrLuckey
I don't think you need to be buying for everyone.

Did I mention that we 'might' have a couple special guest riders join us?

I owe Mike, Paddy, and John about 5 gallons worth of water and Mountain Dew, plus food.  And I owe YOU about $100 worth of Tri-tip, Ice cream, and no telling what else food I've eaten of yours!  I think I can sport lunch and drinks!

So who are the special guests?

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Did I mention that we 'might' have a couple special guest riders join us?

Do you mean "special" in the small school bus kind a way.

I plan on coming, but have to leave Saturday evening. Gotta be home early Sunday. Not sure about the youngins yet.

CAL, samiches are good and simple. But free food always tastes the best. :)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
motormichael,
Cadiz is where I stayed last year. You would want to go to Hopkinsville, then to Cadiz.
The Knights Inn is full. Across the street is a Holiday Express and I think a Days Inn. Both are about 50-60 bucks.

Tell Lee he should come bike or no. I will bring a YZ 125 he can ride all he wants. If he'd rather do the KTM 125 I can do that too.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by Jaybird
Tell Lee he should come bike or no. I will bring a YZ 125 he can ride all he wants. If he'd rather do the KTM 125 I can do that too.

Duh!  I didn't even think of that.  I'll have a bike he can ride.  If I don't sell any by then, he can choose from the 426, CRF, or the Husky 125.

I saw him riding that DRZ last year...he can handle a big 4 stroke no problem!

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider
Wish I could make it guys but Eric has a HapKido match tomorrow :( I haven't misssed one yet and it means a lot to him. Maybe next time

Mark, we're talking about November 15, not tomorrow.

motormichael

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
Jaybird/Corey, the bike offers are very generous. Let me see if I can get his bike done. Lee is a very good rider but I still pay for damages to the bikes and he does not mind. I will keep your offers in mind though. Jaybird, I will check on the motels in Cadiz and Hopkinsville. Thanks

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Corey, I was only joking about you doing lunch but hey I aint one to turn down any food. I vote for samiches too. Quick and easy. Let me know if I can bring something. Chips, cookies, whatever.

Walt .. you bringing Bob and Eric down with ya right?

Senior .. You oughta try and make it down. Its a good time.

Eddie ... Come on fess up. I know ... Auntie Aimee is coming WOOHOO :yeehaw:

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
Although I do not know any of you personnally I would love to go down there for this one. Any idea how long of a drive it is from sw Chicago burbs?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
My guess would be 7 hours or so, jaction.
Go to www.mapquest.com and it should give you a real close estimate.
Heck, Walt can tell you.

We're all family, it's all good!

TVRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 29, 2002
Jaction,

I just did a mapblast from Chicago to Paducah, KY. (that's about 20 miles short of LBL) and it came back with 375 miles. It said 6 hours, but it depends on how fast you drive.

Tom

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
MikeB - the two mystery attendees are both from California, although one of them has had to back out due to new job and lack of vacation. The other should be at my house Friday and we'll be at LBL bright and early Sat morning.

Hint: He be fast :yeehaw:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
The other should be at my house Friday and we'll be at LBL bright and early Sat morning.

Hint: He be fast :yeehaw:

Great...now he'll see how slow his (former) bike can go!

Maybe he's scared of hills??  Surely he has a weakness...

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Negative!

PhelanHill1.jpg

PhelanHill2.jpg

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
Do they enforce the spark arrestor rule?
Is anyone gonna camp?
Do they check for sound?

Why is the sky blue?
Does anyone know the trajectory of an xr400 off of a 30 degree incline?
:laugh:

Last edited:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by jaction125
Do they enforce the spark arrestor rule?
Is anyone gonna camp?
Do they check for sound?

Why is the sky blue?
Does anyone know the trajectory of an xr400 off of a 30 degree incline?
:laugh:

No
Not me, I live 30 minutes from TB
No

God made it that way.
Do people still ride XR's??? ;)

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
thanks for savin that last ride at LL for me. all I did was worked the int. tent when all my buddies went for a loop. Did I call them buddies? tha same went for sat when someone rode by wavin. I had a good time even without the buddy loop. corey your a punk for that and all the rest of you know whos are pricks. back to lbl, if I can get my brother to work for me ill make a mid morning charge to lbl for few. anyways I want to go but no promises yet. it still should be a good time. this is your back yard Corey so I might have one of those samiches as well..

ohhh lucky one thanks for the 40 degree motorhome the heater was about 2ft from your head. it made those showers at LL feel like a snow storm.

I just got finished talking to steve he cant go bc the 15th is food stamp day. it looks like I need someone ready for the road trip if im gonna make it.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by RAHRAH
corey your a punk for that and all the rest of you know whos are pricks. 

this is your back yard Corey so I might have one of those samiches as well. 

Punk?  I figured you were too stuck up to hang around with us slow guys!  I asked dad on the way home if he knew where you were at all day.

Oh...you'll get a sammich alright!! :moon:

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
you like keepin me hungry doncha I got to see everyone ride by the tent and yall were gone for the rest of the day you knew were i was staying you shouldof came and offered me supper hehehe

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by CAL How'd the marathon go?
It went good. 3:35 was my time. 8:13 a mile. The last hour was rather uncomftorble, but I met my goal and was happy about that.
Not so sure yet if I want to do it again any time soon. HUGE commitement time wise.
LBL, Sarge and I :eek: will be showing up bright and early Sat. I might be bringing my bro, he wants to go bad, should know soon.

jaction-> It takes me 7:45 from Crystal Lake, so im guessing an hour less for you.

Mikeb-> I havent invited the boys yet. Im kinda being selfish on this one. The boys are always invited and I feel I need 1 trip alone (with adults only) . Ill probley miss them and fell bad when I get home though. They'll be gone soon enough. Im sooooo confused.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Don't feel too bad, Walt. We will probably have a terrible time. :)

In all seriousness, Dads deserve a day or so sometimes.

Top Bottom