LBL Turkey Bay Fall Ride Nov. 15

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
Thanks for the info guys, but it looks like I'm a no go. Damn girlfriend moved out saturday and took freakin' everything. I mean come on she even took the damn windex! :flame: So I gatta retool the apartment, no money for riding :whiner:

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Walt, Dont feel bad. I leave my kids at home EVERY ride. Who cares if they dont ride. Just tell them its an Old Farts ride and we didnt wnat them to show us up.  Sounds like you are bringing a big KID with you anyways.

RahRah, Wait a minute. It seemed like I was on the gate when you boys went rolling thru. You really ought to try to make it up. We plan on leaving Memphis EARLY Sat morning and coming back that night. Tim and Jay were talking about coming up in the motor home and camping out. If you want to do a one day trip let me know OR if you want to camp hook up with jay.

Eddie, Thats cool on the surprise visitor. I enjoy hanging out with him. Maybe we will be able to ride with him for about 20 seconds after each rest stop. :scream:  Dont forget to invite Aimee this time you heel!

We'll do it again in the spring Jaction. Maybe for the whole weekend next time.

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
hey mikey one long day would be better for me work wise but ill proly 50/50 be able to go. Ill try and make my work arangements. my brother is going to be gone also so im trying to find my backups backup I sure hope i can make it even if it is for one day. 8hrs drivin and a full day of ridin. that seems worse than some drugies.
what vehicle will i get to sleep in on the way up? how in the hell can we get 3 deep. goin to Holly Spr. sunday so I might could just send by jay if it need be. id be cool to burn some cumpny gas wouldn't it

motormichael

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
Sorry, I have to brag a bit. I finally got my first trophy racing a dirtbike. I teamed up with my main rival from this seasons District 15 races to run the annual Halloween 100. The race is held in Laurel, IN. It is a 3 hr. plus 1 lap harescramble. Light rain all weekend made this hilly, rocky, rutted place very difficult to ride. My teammate got the hole shot but fell to second by the end of the first lap. During laps 2 and 3 we fell to 4th but during my 2nd run I brought us back up to 2nd. and thats where we finished. We were 1/2 lap behind the teenage leaders on the 9 mile course at the end. The bad news for me is that during my last run I clipped a tree in 3rd gear with my right hand. I flew over the bars and damaged my left shoulder. It has taken about 70% of the use of my left arm by today. I think it is just muscle damage and I am going to try real hard to still make LBL. Oh yeah, after running as high as 6th in district 15 pts. this year, I finished 10th. I was only able to make 15 of the 20 races. I just had to tell someone. Now where to put the trophy so everyone can see it. Mike

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
WTG, Mike!

Heal up fast.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I just got approval from the bossman, so, it looks like I'm in for this.  Unless Eddie makes me stay home to edit DW video.  :scream:

Question:  Do you still have to purchase the pass up at the main welcome center or do they sell them at the entrance to the park now?  I haven't been to LBL since about 1990.  Is there a way to purchase the 3 day pass in advance?

See you guys there. :thumb:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Tim, when you pull off the trace onto the gravel road that is the entrance to the riding area you will see a small building, the gravel road splits (straight ahead if you already have a pass, veer slightly to the right towards the building to purchase your pass and get your free trashbag). No idea if you can purchase in advance.

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
AWW YEAH Now its ON. Timr is in the house. Ditto on what Eddie said on getting a pass.

Corey we meeting at the usual spot? If so just go straight down the gravel road from the guard shack and about 1/2 mile on your right is a parking area. Look for Sarge working on his bike. ;) You cant miss us

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Yes, we'll meet at the same parking area, that you described, Mike.

I don't know of any way to pre-purchase passes.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Well...the extended forecast for Nov. 15 is 63 degrees and 0% chance of rain.

Let's hope they're right! :yeehaw:

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Nuthin wrong with that. I hope that you guys get some rain on Weds or Thurs next week then it will be PERFECT.  Sounds like we may have quite a few riders this time. I cant wait :yeehaw:

BTW CAL I may know a possible buyer on the 426. :thumb: I gave him your #.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by Mikeb
BTW CAL I may know a possible buyer on the 426. :thumb: I gave him your #.

Talked with Mark this morning.  We're meeting at Abernathy's this Saturday!

Thanks Mike!

And yes, rain will make it perfect!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Sounds perfect!

I have a buddy of mine and his son that are going to join us. Beggining riders both of them. They were a bit apprehensive at first, thinking it would be a big pro ride....LOL....I told them that they would get tired of hanging with me and Sarge real fast. (They've both ridden Turkeyfoot and S-tree at DB, so they should be fine.)

Anywho...I'm bringing the yongest boy with too. He's just getting to know his KTM and TB should be perfect for him.

Another memorable event unfolding!

SirReel

Aug 23, 2001
I might be in for this one too. Gotta get the bike back together, but should be done by this weekend.
Also, if anyone coming from the north (down 57) and you want to come Friday, there is plenty of room at my house. I'm about 1.5 - 2 hours north of TB. Thought it might make the trip easier for some with the longer drive times, also, if anyone wants to crash here afterwards to drive home Sunday, that would be fine too... I'm in Marion, IL about 2 miles off of 57...

Darryl K

Oct 10, 2001
SirReel, I was already planning a trip down to TB next week anyway with some guys from work! I live in Carterville and me and my group all work at Vienna Correctional center. This thing sounds like a BLAST!!!!

Very cool to see a local on the forum. This is my first time visiting the places to ride forum as I usually just stay in Canadian Daves KDX forum. I definately plan on being there at TB...we'll have to hook up and get to know each other. My name is Darryl Kern and will be on a KDX ( don't laugh!)

Ever go to Crab Orchard OHV park? I havent had a chance to go this year but I hear they bought 400 more acres. May have to try to hook up with ya there sometime.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
SirReel, Thanks for the housing offer. Im doing that plan at Sarges place. See ya there!

Darryl K Nobody will laugh at a KDX in the woods, You will be laughing at me on my kx

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by Darryl K
will be on a KDX ( don't laugh!) 

You should have been at Dirtweek.  A father and son team won the team harescramble on a bone stock KDX.  They smoked everyone(and there were alot of A class racers there)...they even had to stop for gas!  That same father won 2 classes of MX on that same stock KDX!!!  Ever seen a KDX clearing 70 foot tables or a HUGE uphill step up?  I hadn't until then!  Made me want to go out and buy a KDX.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by WaltCMoto

Now theres a shocker. :) youve got a different bike every time I see ya

It won't be any different this saturday either, different bike again.

:) :yeehaw: :thumb:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by CAL
That same father won 2 classes of MX on that same stock KDX!!!
The son ran the 'B" MX Class, and the father ran the Headlight Class. The father (Barry) was smokin' on the track. He crashed in the same turn two laps in a row and made my second place look a lot closer than it really was.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Hey!!  I rode the 426 for almost 2 years!  As a matter of fact...EVERY time you've ridden with me, Walter, I've been on the 426! :moon: :confused:

But come next Saturday...you boys will be eatin roost from a Punkin!! :p

JP, I thought Barry rode the Bikes with Lights class and the Old Timers class?

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
So the 426 is heading down here huh? I bet you sure hated to see it go. :whiner:  I am sure he will look after it.  

Sir Reel .. COME ON DOWN !!! It is always fun and it sounds like this year we will have a pretty good crowd.

Darryl ... There aint NOTHING wrong with riding a KDX .. Timr will be on his trusty KDX smokin alot of us high dollar pumpkin boys. Right Timr?

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
So the 426 is heading down here huh? I bet you sure hated to see it go. :whiner:  I am sure he will look after it. 

It's already down there.  It was kind of wierd letting her go.  I've owned that bike longer than any other bike I've had.  And I had it set up exactly how I wanted it.  I definately let it go too cheap!  I knocked $100 off because he was your buddy.  I told him you owe him one now! ;) 

This KTM better be one heck of a machine!

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I didn't watch the Old Timers class. Did he win that one too?

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
... There aint NOTHING wrong with riding a KDX .. Timr will be on his trusty KDX smokin alot of us high dollar pumpkin boys. Right Timr?

We will see.  :thumb:

Top Bottom