LBL Turkey Bay Spring Ride April 30-May 2

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
SPD said:
I should be able to make this one. Just waitng to get the ok from work for a vac day.

Senior KX Rider said:
Got the approval from the boss(my better half) and gave notice at work that I'm taking a few days off so I'm definitely in :yeehaw:

:thumb: :thumb:

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I am planning on doing both, but I dont know if the "budget" will allow both. :flame:

If you guys had to decide between LBL ride and the LLynns ride, what would you do???????

I know you guys dont know me too well, but when I go I go to ride. I am there to ride some good trail, my partying days are over. I love to sit around and bench race at the end of the day though.

Which one would be better as far as the riding goes????

Look forward to meeting you guys!!!!

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
You dont know if your budget will allow it ???
I think your budgeting backwords..

Doesnt your whole budget go to riding then if anything is left over then you can do something else ???????????

J

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I think we are all going to ride lol.

Loretta Lynns will be better and tighter trail but you are limited to the marked trail ONLY. The riding day is shorter also. You can only ride from 10-4 or something like that.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I wouldn't miss either ride for anything. LL's is great single track...fresh cut I might add, but the trails at LBL have less traffic and we usually haul booty all day long at LBL. LL's has one 20 mile loop, LBL has 125+miles. Both are great, but I'm a tad partial to the LBL ride. At the LBL ride, we break just long enough to eat some lunch and usually ride until it's too dark to see. The first ride or two, we grilled burgers at lunch, but later gave that up, so we could ride longer. Trust me...the guys that show up at LBL are there to ride. Eddie usually shows up at 5:00 a.m. in full gear! :laugh:

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
CAL that is what I thought about LBL. That is what I am wanting to do. I kinda had a couple worries about LL's.

1. 700 plus people last year? That sounds crowded.
2. Nice having every body go same direction, but only 1 loop!

jcramin, two words WIFE and Daughter!!!!! :eek:

They might be classified as High Maintanence, if not I couldnt imagine what that would be like. :think:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
jsned said:
1. 700 plus people last year? That sounds crowded.

Was there 700 at the bike only ride last year? I was thinking 400. Amazingly it is not as crowded as it seems it would be. I'm always amazed every spring and fall at how traffic isn't a bigger issue.

But at LBL, on the trails we ride, you may not see anyone for a couple of hours. Seems like most people stay on the main trail...we don't!

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Trust me, you don't want to miss the LL ride. I missed it last year, but two years ago there was 500 riders there, and there isn't much traffic out on the 21 mile loop. But, LBL was a fun place too. I haven't been there in years, but we always spent multiple days riding there when we made the trip.

Tim

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
Yea I had to buy my wife and kids dirt bikes just so I could go riding more.

LOL

paddy

~SPONSOR~
Oct 7, 2002
jsned said:
I am planning on doing both, but I dont know if the "budget" will allow both. :flame:

If you guys had to decide between LBL ride and the LLynns ride, what would you do???????

I know you guys dont know me too well, but when I go I go to ride. I am there to ride some good trail, my partying days are over. I love to sit around and bench race at the end of the day though.

Which one would be better as far as the riding goes????

Look forward to meeting you guys!!!!

well you can only ride at LL twice a year......LBL is open year round.

I say LL

pg

chamiosdog

Feb 25, 2002
At LLs last year we had 500 riders.

It is amazing how empty the trails seem out there. I go out to take pictures in the woods and always seem to wait 10-20 minutes to see someone go by!!

1st riders meeting is 8:30 so we start at 9. Last rider leaves the gate at 3pm. 1-2 hour laps depending on you!!!

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Good point Paddy, and I have already been to LBL twice. But with the wrong guys.

But I might not be going anywhere!!!!!!!

The transmission went out of my van Friday night. There is no shop around here that can get it in till next Wed. 31st. :flame: Dang thing only has 76K miles on it.

Just made the last payment on it in Feburary, never get a break.

Last edited:

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
I'm looking forward to it. LL was great. Although I made five laps those two days it wasnt' enough and I didn't like having to quit at 3:00 because I didn't make it back around to the start in time. I'm looking forward to riding all day with no limits!

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
Well Mr Lucky im sorry to say I wont be making the DRN ride at LBL I have to help my In-Laws move.

Since this means i finally get them OUT of my house. Im willing to help all I can.

BUT I will be at LBL this weekend for the Memphis Motorcycle Club ride as long as the weather holds out.

J

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Im out for this one :| Bumms me down to back out. But a mans got to do what a mans got to do. Major work slow-down causes low funds for non essentials. Yall have a good time.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Dang dropping like flies. Sorry to hear that Jay and Walt. If my back doesn't start getting better real fast I may not be riding either. I'll probably go anyway just to hang out though.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Man, this stinks. Two drop outs and Eddie is acting like an old geezer!

Looks like I'll only be there for Saturday. One of our project deadlines just got bumped back by two weeks and another 4 weeks. I was supposed to chaperone a youth group trip this weekend, but am having to work now. :|

Top Bottom