LBL Turkey Bay Spring Ride April 30-May 2

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
I hate it for yall. If you get what we got trails should be great. Get some more and your in the WATER holes with no rocks!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Looks like today will be good riding. Wish I could cut out of here. Looks like I may have to work part of the day tomorrow. We're so stinking swamped here at work, I have no business riding this weekend. MAN!!

I may try to sneak out of here today, and work tomorrow....

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
CAL said:
We're so stinking swamped here at work, I have no business riding this weekend.
Corey, I hate it when the boss man knows you have a personal life and that you do put in your time Monday thru Friday, then they expect that you work weekends too. :|
We work to live, not live to work.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
We (they) just screwed up and took on too much work. We're trying to make impossible deadlines possible. A few more weeks and it's 40 hours and no more. We will NOT be this busy ever again!

I left work yesterday and rode from noon until 7:00. We had a blast! It was sloppy at first, but by early evening it had dried enough to get good traction. And of course we had to go for "one more loop".....and got caught in an unbelievable thunderstorm! It was raining so hard we couldn't see the trail 10 feet in front of us and lightning was popping like crazy.

I wish I was there now, riding, instead of here at work on my lunch break....

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Senior KX Rider said:
Worked ruined my plans too. Had to make a road trip yesterday and suck up to a potential customer. Sometimes it sucks being an investor in the company you work for. When something needs done there isn't any calling in sick :(

We were wondering where you were at, yesterday.

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
I just got home. I think the trials were better today than yesterday. I can't believe we never saw any rain! Great ride. Look forward to riding with you guys again real soon.
Brad

PRullman

Jun 9, 2002
Great riding day as well. Never ran into any rain on the way home either. I discovered that a flywheel weight for the CRF will be required. Enjoyed riding with you guys as well.

Philip

Yamahauler

Jun 9, 1999
CAL said:
And of course we had to go for "one more loop".....and got caught in an unbelievable thunderstorm! It was raining so hard we couldn't see the trail 10 feet in front of us and lightning was popping like crazy.

I called your cell phone right after I left to warn you guys. I ran into the rain right at the bridge.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Yamahauler said:
I called your cell phone right after I left to warn you guys. I ran into the rain right at the bridge.

I saw your number on my caller id. I figured that's why you were calling...

trsrdr

~SPONSOR~
Jul 12, 2001
I couldn't make it yesterday, but went riding there today and the trails were awesome, as usual! That place is better wet than dry, we'll get plenty of that soon enough. Guys, don't forget about the riders meeting coming up on the 22nd. They are meeting near the guard shack and will be discussing LBL & Turkey Bay issues, like whether or not to stay open! Be there.

paddy

~SPONSOR~
Oct 7, 2002
RAHRAH said:
Sorry Land Rover owners that day you sucked :moon:

I was there that day, And I second that motion! Kudos to John for telling it like it is!!!!!!!!!

pg

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
Hey guys whats the deal on the 22nd? Is it something we should all go 2 and give a considerable amount and show our appreciation? :worship:

They usually charge $15 for a 3 day pass.
I think it would be a good time to show our support!!! and have a blast.
We should do anything to keep our trails open. Its already gotten to the point of being all that weve got. We cant stand to loose anymore. I feel like if you dont show up for something like this your letting your whole world down(if its too the point of closing the trails). :|
maybe they should close some of the trails to let the environment heal itself. Either way guys consider this as election day and your running for office!!!
We cant start loosing this never ending battle this early.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
John........that's the smartest thing I've ever heard you say.....or the ONLY smart thing I've heard you say. :nener:

That is a great idea. I probably won't be able to join you guys, but I wish you would come out. Our last big project is going to the printers on May 24....so we'll be working through the weekend finishing up. I might be able to run out for the meeting, but I doubt I can ride. :(

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
All I can do is try. After this big crunch is over, I'll be leaving the office at noon on Fridays, so I'll be getting some riding in for sure.

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
Not if your local stomping grounds are closed!! The very least you could do is call in sick.
First off ask off. Then work some overtime ahead of time. do something. My my were in the heck are your priorities man. :bang:
Id quit work if they wouldnt let me ride when I wanted too. They know it too. Thats why I get too go when I please. :aj:
When would the meeting be and were?

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
When you're already working 70+ hours a week....when do you work that extra overtime to make up for lost time? It's not a matter of the boss wants me here and I just ask off. It's a matter of the largest project this firm has ever taken on, and it's basically in my hands to ensure that it gets out the door on the 24th....completed. And when an $18 mil job is depending on you to get it out in time, and the job HAS to be bid within 3 weeks from that, and bonds HAVE to be sold by June 30 or they don't get $3 mil worth of grant money, resulting in the job not getting built because the state of KY hasn't established a budget........YOU WORK YOUR BUTT OFF!!!! :bang:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
RAHRAH said:
Id quit work if they wouldnt let me ride when I wanted too. They know it too. Thats why I get too go when I please.

Then why didn't you come to the LBL ride a few weeks ago?

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
Cus I went to a few enduros man!!!!! I have been having a blast with a one exception. Lbl wouldnt be near what Im used to doing. Ive been getting some miles in. As for the first of the month, I dont mind helping my family out. The rest of the month they just have to understand.

Hey man fill us in on exactly what they say is gonna be going on at LBL.
If you dont know who in the heck does?

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
It's nothing really new. They have semi-annual meetings to get feedback from the riders, and brainstorm on what needs to happen to make the place fun and long lasting. There are no real threats of closing the place except for one that has been an issue for years....erotion. The buggies are so rough on the hills that it causes major erotion issues. Next time your out there, pay attention to how many buggy wide trails are worn 4 to 6 feet into the ground. They need to start separating the bikes/quads from the jeeps/buggies. And start rotating open trails. These are the issues that need to be brought up and supported at the meetings. The last meeting I was at, myself and Brent were the only bikers there with about 200 jeep and buggy drivers. And all the buggy drivers talk about is getting showers and nice camping spots. I've been told that Turkey Bay makes LBL too much money for them to ever shut it down. But something has to be done, becuase the trails keep getting worse every year. Heck they get worse after every rain. 10 years ago they had never closed LBL due to anything. Now everytime we get a big rain, they have to close it down for the weekend or week, because places wash out so bad it causes safety issues. When you bring 1000 bikes/quads/buggies into a 2500 acre area every weekend...and 3000 or so on holiday weekends...and let them all loose on the same trails...something is going to happen to the trails.

Top Bottom