Status
Not open for further replies.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
weekend of the 21-22 works for me.
How crowded does it get on the weekends?

I worry about the noise level because my bike (even when freshly packed) is louder than most.

I could probably get the friday off too so the 20th works as well.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Lets spark this fire again......

How about July 20, 2001? Its a Friday, and if you wanted to stay overnight, you could. Not sure how crowded it will be on the weekend, but would expect there to be many more riders. I would probably just stay for the day, get there early, leave around 5-6pm. How bout some feedback???

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
If "Modena" is the same Modena I used to race at until late 80's it has a really fun track. Its also far enough off any road (unless there has been a ton of development) where I doubt that sound restriction will be all that strickly dealt with. Since they raced for years I can't believe MX bikes would not be welcome. See if District 34 has a web site and Modena is still on the schedule. We hope to be out there by August. Maybe sooner. So if all the star's, the moon, and the planets all line up right we can also attend.

One of the best places out that way I remembered was the track at Montecello NY. Out RT17. They had a club and also ran Hare Scrambles type events there. Better track, a river to get cool in and lots of surrounding woods. Wonder if they are still alive. Of all the district 34 riding area's that would be the best. Thats if after 10 years it still exists!

So what about Broome Tioga? They have a riding park out there? It was an AWESOME track 10 years ago.

Last edited:

Silver Bullet

Mar 7, 2000
Wayne,
July 20 th would work for me especially since it is a Friday ;) (I guess you remembered I'm off Fridays). Modena will be fun for the day or overnight. There's plenty of room to ride and it will be great just to meet some of the people here and put faces to names. By the way, if the track is open this week and it doesn't rain I'm going to try for this Thursday again.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
July 20!

Allright, Im in for July 20! Anyone else? Lets nail this thing down! :cool:

Bullet, Im going to go on Thursday, provided no rain. Lets try to hook up out there.
Email me later in the week with your plans.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
July 20th and Modena works for me.

If anyone is coming through Binghamton on the way there, let me know and we can have a mini caravan.

Weimedog,
Broome Tioga is a nice track but it is strictly MX. They do have practice sessions but it could get crowded.

MoToMaNYz125

Apr 2, 2001
Re: Sounds good to me

[hey whats up, i saw your pics, is that of you son? my name is mike by the way im from long island where are you from im assuming up-state, i was supposed to go to the binghampton national but i coudnt:( well gotta go so ill ctch ya later

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Mike,
I live in Binghamton and the Binghamton Nats are to only race that I ALWAYS make it too. My son is Jake and there is a picture of him jumping in my pictures.

Later

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Put us down for a definite "maybe"! Just have to convince the hubby that he needs to spend another vacation day...

RM_Guy, we'll probably be driving through Binghamton on our way out there. Let's hook up as the date gets closer!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
TTT

I don't want this one to die!
Who can make it on the 20-21?
I am going to assume this will be an unorganized SF. Whoever shows, shows.
Another question. What kind of riders are planning on attending?
I want some major spodely companions if I am going to make the trip.;)
Also, how do we go about finding one another?
At this point, I can also give a definite maybe. Actually, it's more of a definite, than a maybe. :)

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Spodely companions

Papakeith,
Having never really been to an organized spodefest, I couldnt tell you if this will be the same or not. Im sure most of us plan on doing alot of riding, having some lunch, riding some more, and probably packing it up, and going home. Of course, those staying overnight/camping, will have their own festivities going on. I will be one of those packing it up, and heading out when the day is done. With 400 acres of trails and some mx, (?), there will be alot of roosting going on, thats for sure. :)
I think there is only one parking area, so it shouldnt be too hard to find.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I plan on getting there Friday (7/20) morning around 9 or 10 and leaving by 6.

I’ve never been there, is there a good place to meet? Papakeith has a good point. I will have a red Dodge Dakota with at least 1 Suzuki in the back and DRN stickers on bike and truck. Hopefully LoriKTM and Dave will be in tow along with more I hope.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I haven't been to any spode Fest organized or otherwise before either. That's why I'm asking, 'cause it's all new to me.:confused:

I should be fairly easy to spot. Both my bike and my truck have DRN stickers.

Is anyone planning on doing the overnight?

Silver Bullet

Mar 7, 2000
The park itself is not far off of the highway (15 mins maybe). If it is a Friday we should have no problem finding each other. There is only 1 parking area when you come in. The parking area is what used to be a campground so it is easy to just set up and park. I have usually gone there fairly early in the morning and I am usually the first and only one there until at least noon time. If we just plan to meet at the park we will have no trouble locating each other. Especially with DRN stickers on display :D . For anyone who hasn't checked the website yet go to www.atvnewyork.com .

Silver Bullet

Mar 7, 2000
I live in Nassau. I usually head upstate or to PA to ride but I just went to the new track in Yaphank yesterday. It was too muddy to tell for sure but it looks like a pretty cool track. Where do you ride out there?

MoToMaNYz125

Apr 2, 2001
sup, my friend had a race at yaphank today, i want to go so bad, i ride at a track we got in the woods is a prretty nice track we got i ride with my bro and my friends

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Alright

July 20th it is! I'll put in my vacation request today.

Anyone going to bring a non-riding spouse/significant other to the fest?
If yes, then Mrs. Woods and I will do the overnight thing.

Lori - Tell Dave if I'm burning a vacation day, he'd better burn one too. Do you think these Nu Yawkers would enjoy fried turkey?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Re: Alright

Originally posted by WoodsRider
Do you think these Nu Yawkers would enjoy fried turkey?
If it's food I'll enjoy it!!
Anyone going to bring a non-riding spouse/significant other to the fest?
Would this be part of her anniversary gift from you?

I'm glad you can make it.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Woods, I'll apply the peer pressure tactic to Dave, and have him take the day off! I don't know about anyone else, but we sure liked the fried turkey! Might have to marinate it in some Speide sauce to the the natives to buy into it, eh RM_Guy?

XR600

May 30, 2001
New member from Upstate NY here

Albany Area here. Anyone else?

There's also a great riding facility in Eagle Bridge NY. They are on the net. If you want to check them out click here

View

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by LoriKTM
Might have to marinate it in some Speide sauce to the the natives to buy into it...

That would sure ruin a good bird. I'll bring some cajun marinate back from Houston. Don't worry, I'll get the mild stuff.

Who's bringing the potato salad?

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Originally posted by LoriKTM
Might have to marinate it in some Speide sauce to the the natives to buy into it.
If it has wings we'll eat it! But I dont know about that Speide sauce......care to divulge the ingredients?;)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by wayneo426

If it has wings we'll eat it! But I dont know about that Speide sauce......care to divulge the ingredients?;)
It's a secret and if I told you I'd have to marinate you and feed you to the locals:scream:

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Speide?

I couldnt find Spode in the dictionary a while back, maybe I'll see if Speide is in there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom