NY SpodeFest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
How many of you would be interested in a little mini-spode fest in the upstate NY area? Im thinking about possibly the Modena area, although Im open to just about anyplace within a 4 hour drive of the Island.

RM_guy

Moderator /
Damn Yankees
Sounds good to me

I’d love to. I was going to put something together but have been too busy. There is a MX track for rent in Montrose,PA that is very nice. http://www.mx573.com/ Small parts store, camping, pond, watering system. I don’t think there are trails to ride on though. It would be a great place to hold something. Maybe we could work out a deal with the owner. I talk to him next time I’m there.

There are suppose to be some trail system near Deposit,NY but I lost the phone number that Silver Bullet posted in a thread last year. Silver Bullet, you out there???

Lets get this rolling…:)

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
RM_Guy, Im going to email Silver Bullet, and let him know whats up. I know Shaw520 is out there too, and would probably be into it. Hey Greg, you there buddy?

Last edited:
I would definately be into a NY Spodefest! Modena could be cool or perhaps the track RM Guy mentioned. It would have to be a fairly easy road trip so I could get up and back the same day. I'd be into just about anything to get together. RM Guy- I had that phone number I sent you but I will have to try to find it again. I think I got it from one of my NETRA newsletters. I will try to hunt it down again. Keep me up to date. Wayne we still gotta get to the track together. Maybe week after next? I'll let you know.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Waitin' on you Bullet! Lets get out there!:cool:

RM_guy

Moderator /
Damn Yankees
I found the number

I think the original thread was deleted but I actually found a printout of it in my briefcase (don’t ask:eek: ). I haven’t called yet but the guy’s name is Eric Krobath and the numbers is (516)889-1375

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Count us in for a NY spodefest, but there'd better be trails to ride on! Everyone always laughs at me if I ride the MX track with barkbusters and a headlight...:confused:

nkd

Count me in too!

Sounds great! I will do trails or track, just let me know
and I'll bring some friends too. It would be great
to meet everyone!

Nancy (AKA Harleygal)

RM_guy

Moderator /
Damn Yankees
Originally posted by LoriKTM
Everyone always laughs at me if I ride the MX track with barkbusters and a headlight...:confused:
Hey Lori, if I can ride in the woods with wide handle bars then you can ride on a track. Besides I have bark busters on my bike. They add to the spode effect.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Gotta have my woods!

It just wouldn't be a spodefest without seeing someone... RM_guy... tag a tree at speed. :p

I've heard of a place near Albany that has a SX track, old school MX track and an 8 mile enduro/hare scramble trail. If anyone is interested, I could find out some more information.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Modena, NY?

From the looks of everyone here, I would think that Modena, NY, http://www.atvnewyork.com/
would be the choice spot to accomodate us all. Theres a little of everything, so it should suit us. They also hosted a HS in April. Its about 125 miles from Binghamton, around 75 from Albany, Not too far from Jersey, and around 110 from here. Let me know what you all think?!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
I think we could drive 4 hours for a NY Spodefest! Sounds like a good location, with electric hookup for trailers and on-site showers.
Now, the next big question: When?

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
:cool:

How's everybody's schedule look in July?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Wow a fest close to home!:cool:
Got room for a spode from Rhode Island?

RM_guy

Moderator /
Damn Yankees
July looks doable for me. I will probably not stay overnight, just get there early and leave late.

Is anyone a club member for this place in Modena?. It looks like a good place but I wonder how crowded it gets. Maybe we can make it a week day and miss any crowds. Any thoughts?

I noticed there sound restrictions of 65dB at 200 feet. Does anyone know if stock MX bikes will meet this?

Papakeith, you’d better be there. You’re the #1 DRN support team member :)

Status
Not open for further replies.