Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
About the food...

I may just have to bring the grill and cook some REAL tex-mex fajitas... but enough of that, let's talk about the fest!

Has anyone contacted this Modena place?
Will they be able to accomodate a small gathering?
What will be the cost?
How many are planning to be there and what dates?
Shall we plan some activities (poker run, barrel races, slow race, etc.)?

Maybe the answers are in this thread, I'm just too lazy to read every post. :confused:

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Woodsy,
I hear its $25 per person per day. They have over 400 acres of riding, so that should be enough for us. I dont know how much stuff we can cram into a day, but Im game, as long as I can get some monkey-butt going.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I will plan on getting there on early Friday Morning. I'm still trying to talk my wife into going(she's a non-rider). If I can't get her to make the trip, I will probably be bringing my nephew(24) with me.

Can you camp right there? If we can, I will probably stay overnight.

k47k

Feb 2, 2001
I ride at Modena (ATVNewYork) everyweekend so here is the official scoop...

its $25 / day $5 for spectators
they have 400 acres with mostly apple orchards
Rock Quarry with some hills etc.
woods with rocks / roots
lakes / streams and tons of mud if it rains.

the practice track is basically one tabletop with a few turns.

As far as meeting up with everyone... Its not possible to go the whole day without passing the same person 10 times.

The weekends get a decent amount of people... it sucks when a ton of quad show up and make it a dust bowl.

Get a hard count and i can talk to the owner. I dont see a problem brining a group of people. the more the merrier for him.

Unless you take your exhaust totally off you wont have a problem. There are some pretty freekin loud 426s that ride there without a problem.

They just had a big hare scramble there in april so the course is still kinda mapped out but its basically ride anywhere you want.

any other questions let me know.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
So far we have.....

Silver Bullet
Kevin?
Woods Rider
RM_GUY
Papakeith
XR600?
LoriKTM
Dave
Me
Danny
And 3 more "maybes"
We can figure around 10 "for sures". If I left anyone out, sorry. Just let us know whether you can make it or not. The more the dirtier!:cool:
Can you make it K47K?

Last edited:

k47k

Feb 2, 2001
Yes! you can camp right in the park it maybe like $10 a night.

I live about 10 minuites from the park so i will probably be there. i will be the guy on the '01 KTM 400mxc that is not very good but is having a ball!

for those of you planning to be there on friday let me know, ill take off work and meet you there.

10 people will be no problem at all... there was over 400 for the harescramble and a load of campers.

email @ jyoungma@us.ibm.com

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I can only make it Friday. I think everyone is planning on Friday for sure and some are staying overnight. Hopefully it won’t be as crowded on Friday. I plan on arriving between 9 and 9:30 and leaving by 6:00.

I will have 2 yellow (very bright yellow) Suzuki 10x10 easy-ups so I shouldn’t be hard to miss. I’m going be dragging 1 or 2 friends and my son with me too.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Only 1 jump!? :(

I was going to sneak up there without telling anyone, but if they don't have a real MX track... :(

Is the location definite? (I haven't been keeping up with the thread).

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
Only 1 jump!? :(
I was going to sneak up there without telling anyone, but if they don't have a real MX track... :(
OK everybody, start fine tuning your Gomer pokin’ skills. I’ll bring an assortment of sticks :p
Is the location definite? (I haven't been keeping up with the thread).
It’s going to be at Modena. There is a link to their web site in the above posts. Yeah, that’s right, I’m gonna make you read through them. ;)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Gomer, you coming?

This could be a real treat!

Will we get to see some of those fine hillclimb ghosting skills of yours?
How 'bout Mrs. Gomer and the little Gomers?
Have you taught that kid how to cross logs while hillclimbing yet?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
You guys weren't listening...I would have tried to make it if it were at an MX track, but I can't really justify it for trail riding. :(

Guess I'll have to wait until September to throw dirt on the yellow bike from NY. :(

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Gomer, We only hear what we want to hear. Besides, I thought you’d jump at any chance you had to roost me;)

cr5_bklyn

Mar 7, 2001
NY Spodefest

Finally found some people going to Modena. I have been meaning to get down there as I live in Woodstock, NY. (1 exit off the thruway) July is good for me. if anyone has any questions about the place, i can run over there to check out how busy it gets on a weekend. How many people are going as of now?

I also heard of plans to open a riding area on Staten island. Not sure of how far along it is. Not sure i want to ride in a landfill though... :http://www.simotocross.com

Cheers,

Jason
88 CR 500

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
YO BKLYN!

Yes, the plan is for Modena on July 20, 2001. Thats a Friday, if your not looking at your calendar. Try to make it, as most of us New Yawkas will be there for some good old dirt.
At the moment it looks like 12-15 people may show. Some will camp out overnight. See you there.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
What about some of you guys in the Albany area? BRush, Shaw520,Rob Mann???

Tree Crippler

Jun 8, 2000
Where is this funky called Modena? I know I have the 13,14 off but don't know when I'm working the next week.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Here is a link to a map to the place here

I also added this event to the calender:)

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
test run

Guys,
We will be making a test run up to Modena next week. I'll let you know how it looks, and if that scramble layout is still intact. :cool:

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
RM_guy, I had a little trouble with that link. The forum software chokes if the URL is too long. Has anyone posted the Lembo Lake (aka Modena) website? It has a link to driving directions:

Modena Web Page

So, is Friday 7/20 the date? Will there be fun to be had for spodely 40+ trail riders, or is this gonna be a big-air MX fest? At the moment I'm a definite "maybe".

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Sorry about the long link. Try this link to Expediamaps here and type in modena for the location. Ever since I stumbled accross Expedia I have used it a lot. They give you very good maps. The directions on the Modena site are good but I personally like a map to look at.

I'm 40+ and consider myself spodely so you'll have company. I think their MX track has 1 jump from what I've read so there won't be much air (except Woodsrider's HOT air:p)

I plan on getting there between 9 and 10 Friday morning (7/20)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Originally posted by BRush
<snip> Will there be fun to be had for spodely 40+ trail riders, or is this gonna be a big-air MX fest? <snip>
I'll volunteer to be the standard bearer for the earth bound spodely brigade!:)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by BRush
Will there be fun to be had for spodely 40+ trail riders, or is this gonna be a big-air MX fest? At the moment I'm a definite "maybe".

BRush - From my understanding there is no "big-air" at Modena. I don't wan't to hear any of this "maybe" talk either! It's time to break out the camping supplies... unless it's going to be hotter than the Mustang Ranch on two for one night!

Woods

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Hot air?

Originally posted by WoodsRider
... unless it's going to be hotter than the Mustang Ranch on two for one night!
Boy those were the days......Gotta love that hot desert air!:)

Yes, JULY 20, 2001, is the day. Lets get a good turnout, and possibly make this a yearly thing!

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by WoodsRider
I don't wan't to hear any of this "maybe" talk either!

Mighty big words from someone who hasn't been riding in three weeks!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom