slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by sfc crash
oh yeh, reminding elk what we suposed to be using the night vision for when we went out to...er, steal beer. i still don't think randy knows he donated a lot of beer that night. ;)

do you think he cared at the time??? (he was thinking about that MX-Tech suspension he was going to win)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Jumping snapping spiders

Billy "Hey, there's smoke coming from the iginition, maybe it's the Armor All heatin up?!"

Watching Thump shove a paintball gun up Billy's, errr, lower side as he tried to get cover in the motorhome when I stalked him with the paintball gun.

Lining up with Billy, Dr. D, and Cooper at the gates for a race, priceless

Stomping dirt at the gate with those guys, and I had no idea what I was looking for!

Having Dr. Thump put my shoulder back in place

Fixing the Zuki with a kitty litter handle, doubling as a power valve actuator

Beating Twinny and Thump with the above two disavantages;)

Trying to do a move on Papakeith whilst Jeff came in and pulled down his shorts, (Papa was whispering in my ear that he wasn't wearing any undies)

Okie flinging a bag of chips after a killer dinosaur bug neared his location!

Double pickles and Mr. Schmekle

Tony the Rat!

Paul Bundy and his tree chipping company

MX727 and his generosity

TTR guy and his cookins

VD and his damn accent

Having Motohead as a partner for the hare scrambles, damn those woods!

Watching the youngins on the little 50's trying to navigate that step up

Putting the names with all the faces

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
That same dang cat getting in our tent Sat night and walking over Patricks face whil he slept. Screamed like a GIRL.

Carne asada that Bundy cooked .. :thumb:

Learning a few "creative" lines on the MX course from Oldguy.

Seeing a grown man run from a Crawdad.

Being woken up from a sound sleep by electric guitars.

Seeing Stan's face after his first ride on the "New and improved" KDX.

That "cute" little girl on the Suzuki in the kids race. She would have won if it was up to me.

The ovation that Lori got when Gomer handed her the DW or Bust Trophy.

Riding with "Factory" FredT.

Seeing Guy Cooper ride a wheelie 50 yards from the turn to the base of the HUGE step up then drop the wheel just before take off and CLEARING IT.

Riding the 500.

Meeting some of the coolest/fastest girlriders I have ever seen.

GnarleyKaw hooking me up with the barkbusters. Thanks Man.

I could go on and on and on. Each year it really does seem to get better.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk

Fixing the Zuki with a kitty litter handle, doubling as a power valve actuator

Attachments

• better than new.jpg
    better than new.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 292

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
Trying to do a move on Papakeith whilst Jeff came in and pulled down his shorts, (Papa was whispering in my ear that he wasn't wearing any undies)

Attachments

• papa.jpg
    papa.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 287

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by sfc crash
oh yeh, reminding elk what we suposed to be using the night vision for when we went out to...er, steal beer. i still don't think randy knows he donated a lot of beer that night. ;)

That's what I bought it for. Several people donated beer to me on the days before. But Sarge.... you know you could have let my truck stop rolling before you stole the ice chest and took off with it!

I figured someone came back later and took some more. I didn't have a bad enough hangover to have drank that much beer.

do you think he cared at the time??? (he was thinking about that MX-Tech suspension he was going to win)

Heck yeah! I would donate another case of beer to do it again to! Now, since selling the bike I have to come up with another scooter. I think I have a deal in the works right now, though!

Last edited:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Dirtweek Maffioso Elk, zio & Tony da Rat (where's Lou?):

Attachments

• maffioso.jpg
    maffioso.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 277

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Papa, that's a half second before the curtain dropped. The ones of you chasing him are a blur. I've never seen such a big guy move so fast!

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Mikeb, Patrick, and myself chargin up the big hill 3 abreast, oh, they call that think a step up jump in MX.

Eddie (TTRGuy) still sitting behind the MX gate after everyone else started, he had his bike in neutral! It was his first MX.

One name: Sarge

Seriously, Sarge could give Dennis Leary a run for the money. Forget live music next year, let's go with live stand up comedy. :)

Meeting Cal.

Seeing the moon in the night time poker run.

Switching the lead back and forth in the night time poker run with Gnarly Kaw. It was awesome.

Winning the night time poker run and not even knowing it. (After the first lap, I never looked at my cards)

Swaping paint and bangin bars with Mikeb in the 1st "Ligths" moto.

Thanks Mike for using your two hands to provide a little shade for me on the gate of the second moto. Not all of us had umbrellas like "Factory" Fred.

Passing "Factory" Fred two turns before the finish and holding him off in the 2nd "Lights" moto.

Hanging out with the Texas guys on Friday night. Thanks for the ribs.

Me and Eddie have been the last two guys at the camp fire on the last night two years in a row now. Who needs sleep?

Oh, there's so much more. Who wants to do it again next month?

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Everyone in the scoring stand saying "Holy Crap, here he comes again" during the Pro/A class race. It seems like we had just gotten done scoring him for the lap before, when we would hear Dubach's YZF, WFO, coming up the rhythm section, with Billy not far behind.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by Papakeith
Was that me putting him back down? or just before he went on a ride?

has to be at the moment you decided NOT to plant him in the Ok. soil. Jeff sneaked up behind Elk to do the evil deed. Jeff and I were just discussing how bad life sucked for him and he said "You know, I think I'll just kill myself right here, right now." He didn't have a gun so I was asking how he was going to do it. Next thing I know Jeff was upside down screaming "Here I come, Ethel! It's the big one"

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
I'm still laughing from Sarges night time rambles.

The late night plan on how to blame big lou for something and realizing he's right behind us.

The endless early morning camp raiding ;)

night vision

Elks fear of spiders, bugs, dingos...

My parents faces when i was telling them about riding injured, overjumping the finishline by a mile (i don't think i've ever been that high in the air), and later crashing passing lappers while in first in the womens. :( (can't wait 'till next year nikki :p)

After telling my mom the above and how much fun I had and suprizingly hearing no lectures, i get, "wow you got second!! when's your next race, I'd like to go watch"

Getting passed in practice by cooper, dubach, and billy

Talking to kenny bartram and watching him double the two tabletops on the kiddie track and taking the rhythm section backwards.

Watching papakeith chase Jeff after he pulled down his shorts.

Riding in the woods for the first time and hitting my first tree in the poker run

The spraypainted pictograms around elks tent of all the attacking animals

The race between papakeith and big lou

two go out one comes back

"what were you thinking?"

coming up to no mo on the sitting on his bike in the middle of the track staring into space with his helmet wedged between his rear tire and fender and when I stopped and told him about it, he goes "oh i was wondering where that was"

thanks to slomo and nomo for taking me to the hospital and jeff and hailey for putting up with me for the week, even when i stumbled in the motorhome at 4 am

All the cool prizes i went home with

riding Julius's 250F

the heartland spodes

uhh im sure there are plenty i forgot.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
"Oh, he's about one and a half knuckles"

Attachments

• one and a half knuckles.jpg
    one and a half knuckles.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 239

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Its Sarge, this is a family site so I can't tell ya and it wouldn't be the same coming from anyone but him anyway. Secrets for late nite DW attendee's only :)

Oh yeah, this guy :worship: definitely pays homage to Sarge!

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
That'd be Sarge and there's no damn tellin' what he's doin. :)

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
1. Putting up the bigtop

2. Sitting talking to Aimee and Eddie wondering about CycleWerks arrival to mount tires. Eddie said bring 'em over and we (he) mounted the up.

3. Quote from Aimee while woods riding Braap, Braap! Stall "I HATE TREES!"

4. Dingos!

5. Sitting in the pizza place with the Heartland Spodes after raising the bigtop wondering if the waitress had a can of snuff in her back pocket. Thinking about asking her out on a date.

6. Justql wrestling the forks on his Gas Gas.

7. Justql wrestling the carb on his Gas Gas.

8. Nick and all the other dogs at BSwifts house wanting some attention.

9. A pup named DW.

10. Getting hung up on a tree and having to wait for someone to come lift the bike off me. Who ever that was.... THANK YOU.

11. Chasing MXBundy through the woods.

12. Marking trail with Bundy and TTRGuy

13. Tri-Tip!!!

14. Meeting Pokie and Shiftless! First Class people

15. Meeting and riding with FC 22.

I could go on and on......

Dirt Week rocks!!! :aj:

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Dingos, Kitty litter, crawdads, "What were you thinkin?", "I didn't know he wasn't wearing underwear!", "Running" into Nikki, pork chop burritos, brats, Tony the rat, "The Bundster", way too much to remember right now.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
meeting and camping with Rooster and Dave...great guys!

Jake, who doesn't post much but has come to DW with me the last two years. He has an '01 CR250, and I swear he never lets it rest! If they had a "most fuel consumed" award he might have won it!

seeing the little track and thinking it was "the" track...still better than many we have here!

the "unsquashable" bugs that you could step on...they would just flip you the finger and crawl away!

Learning, when I took down my tent, that several large spiders had set up house in the corners, and were already "working on a family".

learning how to cope with 4-5 hours of sleep after drinking beer all night, then riding all day in hot weather. I started off with 0 hours on Sunday night!

I have seen the mountain, and it is big! Seeing the big step up for the first time, then clearing it the first time...that jump was so cool, I could skip the rest of the track and just have fun on that one jump! then (on the last day) way overclearing it....ouch!!! doh!!!

riding at "the 500"...that place ruled. Chased around XR Guy (he smokes in the woods!) and his son was pretty fast too. I got lost and almost hit Justql head on because I was going backwards on a 1 way trail.

Speaking of Justql, I had fun chasing him on Bswifts new bike. I kept up, but there was much shifting and revving of the CR250!

i'll stop for now, I have pics to go with but how can I post them? I was told I had to be a support member...got no problem stepping up to the plate with that, but I was hoping to post pics tonight!

Last edited:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
And a Flash Forward..... Elk dented my truck with the paintball gun and I didn't find out until today. Not only do I have the perma-smear window treatment but I have a dent to remember the fool by. I guess it's all even in the end.... Elk's sporting all kinds of funky stickers (Mr. Bubbles are my personal favorite with the rainbow bug stickers running a close second). Mr. Pickles and now MR BUBBLES! :)

Top Bottom