San Marcos (San Diego) riding

Everyday on the way home I see a place on the side of the freeway that looks like a track but is posted with trespassing signs. It looks well riden. It's on the north side of 78 about 1/2 a mile west of the Ranch Santa Fe exit (I think). Does anyone know this spot and what the deal is with it?

sgr

Lifetime Sponsor
One day after it rained I saw a kid riding there so I whipped off the 78 to check it out. Turns out his family had the property right next to the highway, and the rest of course is totally illegal (and it's pretty small). Can you ride fast enought to out run the dual sport cops? :eek:

And now when I drive past there it looks like they are developing the area. Sad isn't it. :(

Riding area

Where do you guys ride??
Is there anything local here in North County? I usualy go to Lake Elsinore.

I usually ride at Elsinore and the desert when the tempatures are reasonable. There isn't really anything left to ride in north county cause it's all developed or private now.

pt

Yea I had driven past that little sx track for a couple years and only seen a someone out there a two or three times. Now its its being graded over and right next to it is where Escondido Cycle Center is building its new site.
There is also a spot back near San Marcos where I have seen freestlye riders on a couple dirt ramps right next to the freeway.
I usually ride out at Amago

How do you like Amago? Is it comparable to Elsinore? I've been meaning to get out there but for one reason or another I just havn't.

I've been to amago my self and didn't like it at all. the upkeep is not so good. I did like the back section which felt like a Out door National.;) But during the week you can get on and they might not charge you any $$. I'm not saying it's a P.O.S. I will go there again, but I prefer Lake Elsinore to Amago. Amago is close to me too since I live in Escondido, but I will drive the extra 10min(all Freeway)to Lake Elsinore. It seems longer to get to Amago to me.?? Its all twisty roads to get there. I found Amago riding my street bike on Mt. Palomar and spotted it. Maybe we all can hook up and ride together someday???:p

I'm thinking maybe next weekend!! I'm either going trail riding in Phelan or I'll check out Amago. I don't know if it'll be Sat or Sun yet but I'm getting on my bike and riding one of those days at one of those places. Is anyday or place more convienent for you. I'm coming from Ramona so going up to Lake Henshaw and down to the Amago only will take me probably 45 minutes versus the 1hr 15min to Elsinore.

have any of you ever been to mc cains valley that place is pretty fun mostly trails and hills.Were is Amago I have never heard of this place before.I would like to go ride there.

Amago is on Highway 76 up near Lake Henshaw. Check out ProRide ,they have a link on their tracks page to it. I've heard of McCain Valley but don't know where it is? Is it normally crowded? Single track trails or fire roads?

fred2

Sponsoring Member
Chumbucket,

Tell us a little more about mc Cains valley.

Bones,

I'm hoping to do some riding in a couple weeks. Maybe even taking a sick day for it??? Amago, Elsinore or even up at Ol'89rs place???? BTW, how's your finals going?

scar tissue

Lifetime Sponsor
Originally posted by sirhk100
it is posted with trespassing signs. It looks well riden.
Welcome to life in Riverside and Orange County. According to the police there are no legal spots to ride in Riverside except private tracks. But if you don't mind fracturing an occassional law there's lots of riding to be done. on a duel sport things get easier, simply becausethere are actual open spaces to legally ride them and you can ride a short while on the street to get to the "other " places. What usually happens is if you park at one of those other places the police on occassion will come by and wait by your truck and kick you out, no fine or anything. However I heard the last time the cops said the law was changing and they may be able to issue tickects. Before they had to confiscate everything and haul it all into the station, which was a huge hassle so they never bothered. As for Ol89er's it' s a blast but definatly fall's into those "other areas" catagories. keep checking this forum if you care to join us as we post here regularly.

An remenber Squad Cars hate WHOOPS:p

Hey Frd2, My finals went awsome! Thanks for asking. I Graduate on Friday the 3rd. (today) so I'm riding both days this weekend with a buddy, since he will be gone for a month. I know one of the days we will be at Elsinore. I'm thinking he might want to race Comp. park or Glen Helen Saturday morning???

If there is a reply by tomorrow morning, I will post by 7:30-8:00 am Saturday morning where I'm going to ride at. Maybe we can meet up and run some laps...that's if I can last for more than 5......:o hehe

JBones

Congrats on Graduating!!! Looking at your profile and your birthdate I'm guessing College or something.