MAECHO

Mod Ban
Aug 8, 2005
The next era is next sx season and is around the corner. We gonna see a health ''2STROKE BUBBA VS 2STROKE RC UNLEASHED'' coming out in 3months and BUBBA is gonna be back, better than before and prove all yo wrong , watch out;;
motoXman2005 said:
"PROTECT Mode" as in... Make sure you bring Suzuki the SX championship.
That was RC's number one priority for the season.

As a mature rider he knows what he has to do for Suzuki and
his other sponsors who, in the end, pay him millions to do what
he loves to do. Ride/Race/Live!

The whole Bubba VS. RC will never be what we expect it to be.
RC is a champion for a different era and Bubba might be a champion for the next era.

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
MAECHO said:
The next era is next sx season and is around the corner. We gonna see a health ''2STROKE BUBBA VS 2STROKE RC UNLEASHED'' coming out in 3months and BUBBA is gonna prove all yo wrong , watch out;;
:blah: :blah: :blah:
I remember hearing this last year. I would like to see tedesco beat them all or windham beat them all. I kind of get tired of hearing this "JBS VS RC" crap.

MAECHO

Mod Ban
Aug 8, 2005
Because they are the best of the best, they have broken and set records in their racing careers from amature to pro ranks and still. GOT TO GIVE IT UP TO THESE 2 Gra MASTERS of this sport.
cnielse5 said:
:blah: :blah: :blah:
I remember hearing this last year. I would like to see tedesco beat them all or windham beat them all. I kind of get tired of hearing this "JBS VS RC" crap.

Last edited:

cavy986

Apr 1, 2005
I don't care who wins I'd like to see a race instead of a runaway win everytime.Bring back Hannah,Johnson,Ward,Bailey,Glover,O'mara and Magoo.

MAECHO

Mod Ban
Aug 8, 2005
No disrespect but Hannah,Johnson, Ward,Bailey,etc.were not on the same level as BUBBA,RC, CR,if they were racing at this time you wouldn't hear much about them,just compare their lap times with the current lap times.
cavy986 said:
I don't care who wins I'd like to see a race instead of a runaway win everytime.Bring back Hannah,Johnson,Ward,Bailey,Glover,O'mara and Magoo.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Did you ever see Hannah, Johnson, Ward, Bailey, etc... race? I have, and at the peak of their game all those guys would have had something to show Bubba (how to win a big bike title, for one thing).

Back in the day, they were racing longer motos on bikes with worse suspension. How many motos would Bubba pull out of and how bad would he break himself if he was doing 40 minutes on a 1984 KX250?

Not hating on Bubba as he clearly has the speed to be one of the greats. Will he beat McGrath's SX records or Carmichael's outdoor records? Probably not. We have been hearing for years how Bubba was better than RC. I think that agrument was settled this year. Bubba needs to work on getting up to Wiindham's level before he contemplates whooping RC.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Where will bubba finish this season in the points?? 13th i bet most of the old greats(if they could ride again at there best) could beat that easy;)

MAECHO

Mod Ban
Aug 8, 2005
How would you judge a first year 250 rider on a 2stroke vs4strokes, and i wonder what kind of racing you have been watching whether you just hate BUBBA but sound silly,WINDHAM is not on BUBBA's level, not even close. There is no agging excuse RC is just 25,CR 23, BUBBA 19, lets look foward for the next season. I think BUBBA has taken enough hater crap.
dirt bike dave said:
Did you ever see Hannah, Johnson, Ward, Bailey, etc... race? I have, and at the peak of their game all those guys would have had something to show Bubba (how to win a big bike title, for one thing).

Back in the day, they were racing longer motos on bikes with worse suspension. How many motos would Bubba pull out of and how bad would he break himself if he was doing 40 minutes on a 1984 KX250?

Not hating on Bubba as he clearly has the speed to be one of the greats. Will he beat McGrath's SX records or Carmichael's outdoor records? Probably not. We have been hearing for years how Bubba was better than RC. How would you settle I think that agrument was settled this year. Bubba needs to work on getting up to Wiindham's level before he contemplates whooping RC.

Last edited:

motoXman2005

Jul 23, 2005
MAECHO said:
The next era is next sx season and is around the corner. We gonna see a health ''2STROKE BUBBA VS 2STROKE RC UNLEASHED'' coming out in 3months and BUBBA is gonna be back, better than before and prove all yo wrong , watch out;;

An era is the "span of time" when the athlete is in his/her prime.
NOT one season. You talk about "stopping" the bubba bashing
but you keep throwing his name in all our faces, so to speak.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
MAECHO said:
WINDHAM is not on BUBBA's level, not even close.

Bubba's 1st year in 250 SX, he had 3 wins and finished 10th on the series. KW's first full season on the big bikes (1998) he had 2 SX wins and finished 4th on the season.

Outdoors, KW finished 8th his rookie 250 year (1998 - no wins, though). Not as good as RC (champion first time out), but better than Bubba has done.

Oh yea, KW's second year in 250 outdoors, he took 4 wins and finished 2nd overall. He also picked up 2 more SX wins that year. That sound's pretty close to what I would expect for Bubba in SX and MX '06. A few wins and no titles.

Not only has KW beat Bubba most the times they have gone head to head, but as a rookie he did better than Bubba. How is it that KW is not even close to Bubba's level?

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
Not only has KW beat Bubba most the times they have gone head to head, but as a rookie he did better than Bubba. How is it that KW is not even close to Bubba's level?
because MAECHO says so!! :rotfl:

MAECHO

Mod Ban
Aug 8, 2005
Just tell me how many times in which race sx/mx no crashes head to head has BUBBA finished behind K dub? Only 1 and was BUBBA's last outdoor heat race.
dirt bike dave said:
Bubba's 1st year in 250 SX, he had 3 wins and finished 10th on the series. KW's first full season on the big bikes (1998) he had 2 SX wins and finished 4th on the season.

Outdoors, KW finished 8th his rookie 250 year (1998 - no wins, though). Not as good as RC (champion first time out), but better than Bubba has done.

Oh yea, KW's second year in 250 outdoors, he took 4 wins and finished 2nd overall. He also picked up 2 more SX wins that year. That sound's pretty close to what I would expect for Bubba in SX and MX '06. A few wins and no titles.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
5]Houston,BUBBA went 1-1 dominated everyone including RC

Dominated Houston ? Reed was all over Bubba and threw down the fastest laptime of the night....Reed slid out in a corner , then Bubba ate it hard a couple of turns later and had to ride the semi....In the main Reed was within 1 second of Bubba at the finish...Bubba rode good and won, but it it did not look like domination.

I don't think there's any question as to who is the best rider right now...That's RC.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
MAECHO said:
Just tell me how many times in which race sx/mx no crashes head to head has BUBBA finished behind K dub? Only 1 and was BUBBA's last outdoor heat race.

keeping the rubber side down IS part of the game

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
MAECHO said:

Well, if we only compare the races Bubba does not crash in, it's a pretty short list.

Bubba competed in 6 of the 16 SX main events in '05. Windham finished ahead of him 2 times out of six (Anaheim I and Pontiac). Three of the six races they finished next to each other (Orlando, Pontiac, Seattle). That seems pretty close to me (if you ignore the 10 races Bubba was not there).

Of the 11 rounds of the '05 outdoor nationals, Bubba has been to seven rounds (14 motos - not all of which he raced). He has finished ahead of KW in 6 motos. KW crashed in at least one of those races (Hangtown moto 1), so I guess you can't count that one. In two of those motos that Bubba beat KW, he was penalized for illegal fuel, so KW got more points. That's 4 motos out of 22 this year (it will be 24 motos tomorrow) that Bubba got more points than KW, and KW crashed in one of those.

Yep, Bubba positively OWNS KW.

Before anyone starts complaining about 2 strokes again, let's remember that KW was on a 4 stroke when RC had his first perfect season on a CR250. RC = Perfect Season on a two stroke vs. KW on a 4 stroke.

FWIW, when KW was racing the 125 SX West regional in '97, he raced a few 250 SX east coast rounds and won the Charlotte event (his first 250SX win). If Bubba had won a 250 SX back in '04, we would still be hearing about how it proved he's the greatest of all time.

Last edited:

brit yz125

Jan 7, 2005
Maecho, give up. We all know the potential Bubba has, but since the 125's, he has not lived up to this, and until he does, excuses wont cut it. Bubba is amazing on a bike, but its not just about being super fast and talented. RC has the conditioning aswell, and is the complete package at the moment. You are fighting a losing battle my friend.

MAECHO

Mod Ban
Aug 8, 2005
All i need is 3 health riders[CR,RC and BUBBA] going into the next season.I respect all your opinions and all these 3 Gr.masters this is what makes this sport so exciting
brit yz125 said:
Maecho, give up. We all know the potential Bubba has, but since the 125's, he has not lived up to this, and until he does, excuses wont cut it. Bubba is amazing on a bike, but its not just about being super fast and talented. RC has the conditioning aswell, and is the complete package at the moment. You are fighting a losing battle my friend.

brit yz125

Jan 7, 2005
MAECHO said:
All i need is 3 health riders[CR,RC and BUBBA]
That's the big disappointment this year, we all thought that it was going to be the best year ever. With RC back and ready to prove himself, everything Bubba showed us he can do in the 125's, and how fast Reed looked towards the end of '03 against RC in SX. Reed did win the title fairly easy in '04, but even with RC there I think he still would have won it because of the speed he showed through the whoops and technical sections in '03. I personally regarded him as the fastest SXer and looked forward to him beatin RC.
The season promised so much, yet delivered little. Bubba hurt, Reed crushed mentally, RC dominates. :blah: :blah: :blah:
OK, lets look forward to the MX, the battle between RC and JBS, because thats where they're both faster right? nothing to see here either, Bubba turnes into James BS, RC dominates, end of story. 125s worth watching though :cool:
Whats going to happen next year then? New era? We'll see.
See my point Maecho? Im not a JBS hater, I just want to see him get his act together and challenge RC, riding like we know he can. It's getting boring waiting.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
KW would be the dominant rider if it wasn't for RC. Not Bubba. In any comparison reguardless of your twist on the interpertation of facts.....KW is way ahead. I'm a Bubba fan but I can't deny the hard facts recorded in the record book for this year and last year.

Next year is another year and hopefully Bubba will learn both humility and how to earn his wins as RC has done. Preparation and hard work. If he does. he has the talent to be in the record books. If he doesn't he will be another TP.

As for the old champions....This arogance of the current younger ones is the same as it was when we were young. Nothing changes.

Fact is (life experience will teach most who are willing to learn) champions in any time would probably be champions in any other time. Its the willingness and talent to build the foundations of skill along with the will to do what is required to win that separates them from the rest of us. RC is case and point as Bob Hannah was before him. The game hasn't changed as much as the new players would like to believe. Makes them feel superior in some way I guess to rationalize how things are different. I guess I was guilty of the same type of reasoning right until I pasted 40. That was several years ago. I hear the same BS now as I heard 20 years ago, 30 years ago, 10 years ago etc. John Dowd now & Doug Dubaugh a few years back have to be a revelation for those willing to evaluate without pride.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
John still looks like he might win one with a little luck;) i agree 100% all champions are there due to hard work, talent and determination, i see that in alessi , i dont always see it in bubba.

Bubba spoke how RC would not have a perfect season, well it was only KW and CR that stopped it, bubba tried hard to stop it by doing a impression of a 747 and landing on RC-i suppose we could say that lead to a defeat by KW-so bubba was the reason KW won one.......

KW and Aleesi , Tedesco have impressed me this season, the ones not so good are bubba, langston(tried hard but didnt achieve)millsap, chad.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Before anyone starts complaining about 2 strokes again, let's remember that KW was on a 4 stroke when RC had his first perfect season on a CR250. RC = Perfect Season on a two stroke vs. KW on a 4 stroke.

lol, then there was the CRF450 and nothing else. Furthermore, there was K-DUD and nothing else on a 4 except your host of typical Yamaha wannarunagains. K-dub, so to speak, is the mentally lamest human being I've ever met, talked to or been around that's as accomplished and talented as he is. Totally pathetic. The planes. The porch frogs. The pregnant cows. I have nothing more to say about him, except that Ricky has his ass. End of story.

MAECHO--don't worry. Sure, Ricky's the best rider out there right now. But Stewart's just having a problem out there right now. I pulled some tapes out today and played Broome from this year c/to 2 years ago on his 125. I'm sorry James, did your underwear run up your ass, or what? He would have beaten RC on a 125 from 2 years ago.

If Stewart has a few nonstellar years, retires and goes to Nascar....I'll stand corrected, and.....

If he rides RC off the track, which he should, because that's what the next best thing always does, then...

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Totally pathetic. The planes. The porch frogs. The pregnant cows. I have nothing more to say about him, except that Ricky has his ass. End of story.
Damn Neph, that's harsh. Did the guy not fulfill your fantasies or what? No, not number 1, but a damn strong second, yeah I know, nothing else matters but the 1. Gimmie half that talent and I'm a god in the local ranks.

I think we are all way too harsh on these guys... what would have been "good careers" are shattered by RC's dominance...suddenly, everyone else sucks (if you read mx boards). Pity really. Had there been a RC back in the day, there would be no one else to remember. Forget them all 'cause none of them dominated like RC. Many are remembered for races, it's not like they are only celebrated for championships. We REALLY need to get back to the time when any of 6-10 guys could win any given race.

B

biglou

I don't think anyone but RC's really trying. Really, everyone but RC just shows up on race day, coasts, collects their check and calls it good. I saw some guys racing in flip-flops at Red Bud. Such a shame... Once RC retires, everyone will start trying again.

Top Bottom