MAECHO

Mod Ban
Aug 8, 2005
Bubba's 125 rookie season ended in a lot of crashes and no championship,came back second season and started breaking records,he adimited that he is still a student of the sport, so lets not count him out to come back next season and do better,because he got a great team behind him including his parents and alot of desire to win,on top of that he is a nice 19year old kid.
nephron said:
lol, then there was the CRF450 and nothing else. Furthermore, there was K-DUD and nothing else on a 4 except your host of typical Yamaha wannarunagains. K-dub, so to speak, is the mentally lamest human being I've ever met, talked to or been around that's as accomplished and talented as he is. Totally pathetic. The planes. The porch frogs. The pregnant cows. I have nothing more to say about him, except that Ricky has his ass. End of story.

MAECHO--don't worry. Sure, Ricky's the best rider out there right now. But Stewart's just having a problem out there right now. I pulled some tapes out today and played Broome from this year c/to 2 years ago on his 125. I'm sorry James, did your underwear run up your ass, or what? He would have beaten RC on a 125 from 2 years ago.

If Stewart has a few nonstellar years, retires and goes to Nascar....I'll stand corrected, and.....

If he rides RC off the track, which he should, because that's what the next best thing always does, then...

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
We can only hope. Another factor is I think RC's has about the most radical interp of a production bike out there. Probably will not next year. Bubba will be on the new Kawasaki which looks right. (If Honda doesn't buy him first!) RC can't be as hungry next year..what does he have to prove?? Stewart will be. Amazing what a litle humiliation will do. A series of little deals but in a game of split seconds it adds up. I think Bubba gave it all he had. Combination of things, including his attitude; derailed what could have been a nice rookie season. His speed was there for a top 4 placing, his patience and expectation levels were not. I think there were those around him who were pushing the BS to the point he couldn't handle the fact that this year he was third maybe fourth best in the series (assuming he kept his cool). He will grow from this as the Alessi Clan did from their debacle of last year. Who knows maybe they will be the rivalry to watch once RC retires. With Hepler playing the role KW does now!

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
MAECHO, how old are you, man? Seriously... it seems as if you just picked a rider and decided that he is the best ever. Or maybe someone that you look up to TOLD YOU that Bubba is the best and you just figured he's right.
And nephron, what's your deal with Windham? Do you think you're more intelligent and superior to everyone because you're a doctor? Anyone who has read more than two of your posts gets it... you're a doctor. :blah:
I've read what you have to say about KW, and you bash him constantly. Did he refuse to give you an autograph :(
And before everyone starts jumping on the Alessi bandwagon, wait to see what he did to Tedesco this past weekend at Glen Helen.

Ryan

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
weimedog said:
RC can't be as hungry next year..what does he have to prove??

good points. I can think of something for RC to prove. The fact that JBS should be on a 450 next year and there shouldn't be any excuses. That will be more enough for him for motivation. That way if RC whips his ass again, it will be a case closed arguement. RC can then retire b4 his skills diminish, going out on top. That will probably be his focus for next season, to wax everyones ass one more time and ride on out. Somewhat like Lance Armstrong this year.
That brings up a thought, they dont check for performance enhancers in MX do they? (oxygen drugs and all for endurance, etc.) I would think that they dont.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
nephron said:
lol, then there was the CRF450 and nothing else. Furthermore, there was K-DUD and nothing else on a 4 except your host of typical Yamaha wannarunagains. K-dub, so to speak, is the mentally lamest human being I've ever met, talked to or been around that's as accomplished and talented as he is. Totally pathetic. The planes. The porch frogs. The pregnant cows. I have nothing more to say about him, except that Ricky has his ass. End of story.

MAECHO--don't worry. Sure, Ricky's the best rider out there right now. But Stewart's just having a problem out there right now. I pulled some tapes out today and played Broome from this year c/to 2 years ago on his 125. I'm sorry James, did your underwear run up your ass, or what? He would have beaten RC on a 125 from 2 years ago.

If Stewart has a few nonstellar years, retires and goes to Nascar....I'll stand corrected, and.....

If he rides RC off the track, which he should, because that's what the next best thing always does, then...

What's up with being so harsh with KW ? It's one thing to be a little hard on a trash talker but this is crazy.

He would have beaten RC on a 125 from 2 years ago.

You have to be joking...

MAECHO

Mod Ban
Aug 8, 2005
How about using your head a litle bit on how greatiness is achieved and judged upon.Greatiness is judged upon records set and broken in ones career.How many records has KDUB broken and set from his amature ranks todate despite the number of years he has been racing? He is a very good racer but his resume does not put him on the same level with RC and BUBBA as of today's racing.These 2 guys have broken and set many winning records since their amature days it has to be only 1 of the 2. RC is great but my favorite is BUBBA because he is much younger and competing with guys who have a bigger edge on experiance.
Ryone said:
MAECHO, how old are you, man? Seriously... it seems as if you just picked a rider and decided that he is the best ever. Or maybe someone that you look up to TOLD YOU that Bubba is the best and you just figured he's right.
And nephron, what's your deal with Windham? Do you think you're more intelligent and superior to everyone because you're a doctor? Anyone who has read more than two of your posts gets it... you're a doctor. :blah:
I've read what you have to say about KW, and you bash him constantly. Did he refuse to give you an autograph :(
And before everyone starts jumping on the Alessi bandwagon, wait to see what he did to Tedesco this past weekend at Glen Helen.

Ryan

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Bubba as yet has achieved nothing in the real class, so i dont consider his other stuff to be that impressive, he is not a 'great' rider at present, he is a rider with the potential to be great.

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
MAECHO said:
How about using your head a litle bit on how greatiness is achieved and judged upon.Greatiness is judged upon records set and broken in ones career.How many records has KDUB broken and set from his amature ranks todate despite the number of years he has been racing? He is a very good racer but his resume does not put him on the same level with RC and BUBBA as of today's racing.These 2 guys have broken and set many winning records since their amature days it has to be only 1 of the 2. RC is great but my favorite is BUBBA because he is much younger and competing with guys who have a bigger edge on experiance.

I don't know what "greatiness" is or how it is "judged upon", but Windham has 2 125 championships... same as Bubba.
GREATNESS (no 'i') isn't mainly decided on records broken or set, but on championships and consistency. Bubba broke RC's 125 records, but if he never wins a 250 championship, his greatness will merely be viewed as unbelievable potential, to me anyway.

Ryan

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
If Windham races 5 more years, and finishes ahead of Bubba every time, is he still less great than Bubba, because Bubba got a few more 125 titles?

(Just asking - no, I don't think it will happen).

BTW, Regional SX titles are generally not included when counting 'major' championships. The 125cc outdoor title is considered a major title, but less prestigous than the 250 SX or outdoor.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I guess the thing both KW and Bubba have in common is they got mashed in a competitive sense by RC. The difference between KW and Bubba is that KW has had to deal with the RC factor...longer. Age will take RC out of competition before Bubba is done...so he has the advantage over KW in the record books. Poor KW has had to deal with the RC factor for years.

What this year has proven is that Bubba is human. RC is not. The REST of the up and comers now have HOPE that Bubba ISN'T going to be another RC. Everytime Bubba gets beat by Reed and KW...those Alessi & Hepler types have HOPE.

Actually I am looking forward to the Alessi-Bubba Years. Two take no prisoners types.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Yeah, I feel sorry for great riders like KW and Reed, who race in the shadow of giants (figuratively) like Ricky. I remember Sylvain Goebors, who was fantastic, but unfortunately raced in the era of Joel Robert, and others like Arne Kring, Ake Johnsson, who had to compete with DeCoster. I think that if RC weren't around, KW and Reed would have a couple of championships each, and Vuillemin would probably have one or two as well. Just their tough luck. I agree, Bubber will probably last long enough to get out from RC's shadow; not sure KW and Reed will get their chance.

MAECHO

Mod Ban
Aug 8, 2005
You need to stop posting misleading info, go to supercrosscc.com website and click on RIDER INFO. KW has only 1 championship [1996 125WSX] and has been pro racing for a little over 10years. BUBBA has been pro racing for only 3years and has 4championships [2002 125MX, 2003 125WSX 2004 125ESX 125MX]+all broken and records set.
Ryone said:
I don't know what "greatiness" is or how it is "judged upon", but Windham has 2 125 championships... same as Bubba.
GREATNESS (no 'i') isn't mainly decided on records broken or set, but on championships and consistency. Bubba broke RC's 125 records, but if he never wins a 250 championship, his greatness will merely be viewed as unbelievable potential, to me anyway.

Ryan

john3_16

May 17, 2004
MAECHO said:
You need to stop posting misleading info, go to supercrosscc.com website and click on RIDER INFO. KW has only 1 championship [1996 125WSX] and has been pro racing for a little over 10years. BUBBA has been pro racing for only 3years and has 4championships [2002 125MX, 2003 125WSX 2004 125ESX 125MX]+all broken and records set.

The end of this season is Bubba's 4th year.

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
MAECHO said:

My fault on Bubba's titles... he has 4
Your fault on Windham's titles...he DOES have 2:
1996 125 WSX
1997 125 WSX

Ryan

MAECHO

Mod Ban
Aug 8, 2005
Iam not sure about the 97wsx coz it doesn't show cleary on his resume but you could be right because he did win 13 out of 15 wsx rounds in 97. Hey lets look forward for the upcoming US OPEN, who do you think is gonna win? I have 1.BUBBA 2.CR 3.RC 4.KDUB in a perfect race format.
Ryone said:
My fault on Bubba's titles... he has 4
Your fault on Windham's titles...he DOES have 2:
1996 125 WSX
1997 125 WSX

Ryan

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
MAECHO said:
Hey lets look forward for the upcoming US OPEN, who do you think is gonna win? I have 1.BUBBA 2.CR 3.RC 4.KDUB in a perfect race format.
I'm still pulling for RC. If he rides the way he did when he fell, caught, then passed Reed... he'll definitely be battling up front. I honestly hope Bubba, RC, CR and KW stay healthy every round and that the title chase points are no more than 10 points away from the top three. :cool:

Ryan

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Never bet against RC-its lunacy i tell you.I want him to loose as its just boring the same person winning all the time, but i wont hold my breath.I dont see how RC get motivated to win all the time, he must be a nutter to want it that bad, who else wants it as bad?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
RC's ability to stay motivated is amazing. IMO, the change to Suzuki was hugely motivating in '05, as they had not won in ages. And Bubba was finally going to race against him - very good for RC's motivation.

I really think he will retire after the '06 season. Never losing an outdoor title during his entire career will be his motivation. Barring injury, he will accomplish that goal, then move on with his life. Oh, another SX title over Bubba and Reed would be huge, too.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Obviously RC has the physical ability to be an elite rider for many years to come. And hopefully even if he stops doing the full circuit, he will continue to race some events.

My GUESS is he will entertain contract offers for 07+. If he thinks he can stay motivated at his current level, he will continue racing. But I just don't see what could motivate him anymore, especially if he wins again next year.

MAECHO

Mod Ban
Aug 8, 2005
Why would he retire at such a young age?
dirt bike dave said:
RC's ability to stay motivated is amazing. IMO, the change to Suzuki was hugely motivating in '05, as they had not won in ages. And Bubba was finally going to race against him - very good for RC's motivation.

I really think he will retire after the '06 season. Never losing an outdoor title during his entire career will be his motivation. Barring injury, he will accomplish that goal, then move on with his life. Oh, another SX title over Bubba and Reed would be huge, too.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
26 used to be "used up" back in the day. You NEVER saw a 30 year old racing in the AMA nationals.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
MAECHO said:
Why would he retire at such a young age?

Because he does not want to end up in a wheel chair.

Because he is so rich money is no longer a motivator.

Because his wife is tired of him spending 24/7 on MX/SX and he wants to travel the world in style with her.

Because he looks forward to being a healthy, wealthy 'retired' dad who can enjoy every minute of raising a family.

Because he is tired of busting his ass year in and year out.

Because if he goes out on top and fnishes ahead of Bubba in 4 straight championships (05 & 06 SX and MX), he can just smile in 10 years when someone tells him Bubba is the GOAT.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I sort of hope he ash cans the SX and maybe runs a season or two longer in outdoor...and when the young guns finally get to him drop back to the 125's for a year. Why? To school the next crop of of hot shots to what speed and endurance is required to be a champion.

Top Bottom