Drivers that just don't get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkuder

Jan 3, 2002
It has been my expereience that the majority of drivers (used in lieu of a more vulgar term) are just hitting that pedal thingy on the floor and the vehicle moves towards their destination. Unlike myself I attemp to drive in the most efficient manner to get from point A to B within a reasonable amount of time. It is my opinion that most people don't have the analytical ability to operate a automobile in a couteous manner or realize the seriousness of what they are doing. Lastly I'd rather be riding that putting behind you slow A$& trying to get where I'm going! :aj: move it over

jharmon

Aug 1, 2001
My car must have some kind of cloaking device, because every one on the road pulls out right in front of me. I think they're waiting for me.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Unlike myself I attemp to drive in the most efficient manner to get from point A to B

I have about 64,000 miles on the original brakes and tires on a 94 dodge is that efficient enough? :eek:
Lastly I'd rather be riding that putting behind you slow A$& trying to get where I'm going! move it over

I am in the right lane doing the speed limit if you dont like it YOU move over to the left and pass with caution and I will make sure you have enough room to get back in front of me if you need to.

Einstein

May 27, 2002
Speaking of road rage...on my way to pick up a motorcycle for work I'm just cruising down the intersate in the right lane when all of a sudden brake lights. Ok what the hell is happening?? Turns out this chick was beating the crap out of this guy in the middle of the highway :eek: :eek: I drove past just in time to see her give 'em one last wack and watch them both go back to their cars. All the drivers that saw it had the expression of WTF...holy mamma. Traffic only slowed a bit and they are very luck not to be someone's hood ornimant. :|

mkuder

Jan 3, 2002
Whoa baby! sounds like my kind of driving! Except I do wear my tires as I don't like to slow down for the corners because it puts unecessary wear on my brake system. I don't know about where your from but here in Oklahoma we have what you'd call a moving road block. Definition: both lanes with cars doing 5 under and no one in from of them, because everones stuck behind. Also I appreciate the common courtesy, that's rare these days.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Definition: both lanes with cars doing 5 under and no one in from of them, because everones stuck behind.

yes that is ignorant I must agree if you and someone else are going the same speed there is no reason to take up two lanes. I for one have no problem lifting up and following on the road.
Also I appreciate the common courtesy, that's rare these days.

well I thank you for the benefit of the doubt but to tell you the truth it is more of a selfish common sense on saving my butt if you need to make an evasive manuaver to the right .

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
I'm not one of the drivers that y'all envision...but I will take wagers on who can drive and who can't...just find us a nice dirt track and I'll take on all commers. You'll think merging skills then

Oh I see, maybe you got too much stager on the Astro van and thats why you keep ending up in the left lane :p If your challenge had left and right turns in it you may have gotten more of a rise from me :)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
You don't have to worry about me tailgating---I always leave enough room to get a good speed run when it's almost clear, then bust out from behind you before you know what hit you so you don't have time to react!

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
The main problem with traffic nowadays is the large quantity, but nobody will be considerate towards anybody else.

If you're holding up traffic in the left lane, and you can get out of the way, get out of the way!! It's not hard! If you're doing the speed limit or above, you buy yourself a bit more time to get out of the way, but you still have to get out of the way. It's called the passing lane for a reason.

If someone is trying to pass you, don't speed up to keep them behind you. They are obviously going faster than you (on average) in order to have caught you, and will pull away from you once past. Why become an obstacle.

Do not yield to merging traffic, it screws up everyone else behind you. It's up to merging traffic to yield and squeeze their way in.

If I see someone driving like a moron behind me weaving through traffic and taking stupid risks, I'm going to make sure you're stuck behind me at least until someone else comes into the picture trying to get through.

There is nothing wrong with brake tapping. If you are following so closely as to where it will cause an accident, maybe you should think about that. I'm not tapping my brake lights at you because I'm comfortable with you putting me in danger in case I really do have to hit the brakes.

In this thread, one or two people seem to have the mentality of "I've got nowhere to go, and all day to get there." That's great, but keep in mind we don't all share that luxury. Leave earlier, you say? Some of us don't have that luxury either. Some people can only leave at a certain time, and only arrive at a certain time. If the schedule cannot be met, time is money which they are losing, and you are unneccessarily causing that.

Let large trucks have their space, they need it. They aren't as quick and agile, so be patient. You're just one of the thousands of other cars they have to deal with every day, and chances are the guy has been driving for up to ten hours straight. They don't have as good of visibility, side room, or maneuverability as you, not to mention they can squash your ride like a ripe melon.

I drive over 165,000 kms per year, and these have been some of my observations.
If everyone could just be considerate, driving would be much better in general.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Super Rat,
My challenge did include all left turns....are there any other in "real" dirt car racing? But, if you think you'd do better with a few rights, well hell...we can work that out too. :)

BTW....I never said I was the one who did these manuevers, I merely asked some of our resident steering wheel holders (usually equates with seat-all-the-way-back, back seat full of speaker, rap playing, gangstah wannabe's) why they do what they do.

jmics, did you also recieve bad mojo for stating that you use your noodle when driving? Seems some just can't stand the fact that they are, by far, inferior drivers.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
My challenge did include all left turns....are there any other in "real" dirt car racing? But, if you think you'd do better with a few rights, well hell...we can work that out too.

If you think that real racing is going around in a circle we will never see eye to eye. You just use your gord out in the left lane and I'll give you the big thumbs up as I go aruond you on the right. By the way I over a half million miles under my belt and haven't been in a big one yet, I must just be lucky.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Super Fat,
You just don't get it do you?
I'm not the guy who rides the left lane, I'm simply the one who observes this sort of activity and asked, why?
Go ahead and pass me on the right...that's funny....most of you (and y'all know just who you are), usually do end up trying the "pass on the right" trick. And it is mucho funny when you realise you have nowhere to go. I find it most amusing.
(shakin head)
Turn down your rap music a little bit and maybe you will start to see things more clearly.
I have one for you.....show up a DirtWeek and you can see what it feels like to get beat by an old man during a race with turns in any direction.:)

Got it in you? HA! I dint think so....
Rage on Mr. statistic.....see you on the wrecker! :)
BTW...your lil low rider is very ugly....just what gangstah wannabe did you steal those ugly rims from? ANd....can't you tune that lil 4 banger any better than that...or did the Vance Hines exhaust not give you the perfomance monster you were promised?
(LOL....I have over a 1/4 of a million miles on my current vehicle....I've owned approx. 25 cars and trucks in my travels.....keep driving you may catch up, or at least get close until your inevitible meet with fate!)

Oh yeah...almost forgot..."Peace Out"...MR. MC! (lol)

Last edited:

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Originally posted by YZ Joust
:|
-Mexican Tie Downs- A truck carrying a mattress, dresser, table and other various items traveling at 70Mph on the interstate. All items are secured w/ Mexican Tie Downs. MTD= Mexican holding all items down w/ his arms trying to keep the items from flying out. Not too smart.....
I have seen something like that too... This dude driving his car down the highway with a mattress on the roof of his car, NO STAPS/TIEDOWNS!! The idiot just had his arm out of the window holding the the matress..He was carrying good speed too!
How 'bout this, when you are late, and you get stuck behind this old ass land yacht, and all you see above the seat is a lil blue poof of round hair, like the "where's the Beef lady?"....and the car puts on the turn signal and slows down to a rolling inch per hour to make a left turn. You feel like you gotta get out and push start your car NAscar style to get back up to speed!!! :)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Originally posted by super rat
I'm in Fatso. :)
That is Wayyy too much information, Supper Rat! :|

(have you checked out the relationship thread that is up? using terms of endearment like that just won't keep your significant other happy.)
:debil:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Great post, Cam!

I've got no problem with anyone who doesn't feel comfortable speeding or making aggressive (but safe) manuvers, just as long as they don't block the road for everyone else. Some people simply know their limits, and I appreciate the fact that they realize they can't eat their McDonalds, talk on the cell phone, look at a map, and smack their 6 kids around all while driving the minivan.

Jaybird, let me get this straight, you are an awesome driver but drive like an old lady just to prove how compliant and safe you are, and everyone else is in way over their head...??? :)

...Just trying to cheer you up, Jaybird!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Originally posted by Jaybird
...BTW....I never said I was the one who did these manuevers, I merely asked some of our resident steering wheel holders (usually equates with seat-all-the-way-back, back seat full of speaker, rap playing, gangstah wannabe's) why they do what they do....

Only time I mentioned a situation that included myself, I explained that I was doing 10 mph over the speed limit.
I'm simply asking questions.
I like to think of myself in neither of the groups of people flamed here. I'm a "Good" driver, as opposed to either of them. :D

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
...and I am sure all of these folks with behavior such as that which we are flaming, truly realize they are NOT "good drivers", but they just don't care...
:cool:

wasn't there a George Carlin bit, something about how all drivers are either "idiots" because they drive way too slow or "maniacs" because they drive way too fast? Don't remember the details, just that it was funny...

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I've got one more to add to the list, as this happened to me today:
the guys that chase you down and have to pass you back just because they got passed. Luckily I saw him making his move in time, ( I hate to waste a good pass!), and hit it before he could get a run going. I guess he felt doing triple digits in a pickup wasn't worth it, because he backed it down once he realized he wasn't getting close! :p
Why didn't I let him by? Because these are the morons that slow it back down to the speed they were going when you passed them in the first place just because you insulted them somehow. Once I had created some space between us he was back down to his slower pace and I cruised along at my slightly quicker gait!
This goes back to an earlier statement---'if someone wants to pass you, let them go. They're obviously running a faster pace than you, so they shouldn't be a hindrance in any way.'

As long as I'm back in here I've got one more: people on cell phones driving erratically. If your phone conversation is affecting your driving PULL OVER! :|

Maru16

Mar 29, 2001
A quote from the FLORIDA TODAY (tm) newspaper, in the Your Views, page: "Some of these drivers' think they're Indy 500 trainees."

Oops. Honestly though, at least I don't tailgate!! That's the most annoying thing of all, and I'll do ANYTHING to get you OFF my tail. That would include any or all of the following:
1. Slow down, if its a one lane, double yellow. Act like you're turning and put on the blinker. Wait... oh, wrong street, keep going. Do it one more time, then just go.
2. If you have an old, old vehicle, thats already been dented a few times, and you don't mind the risks of getting bumped in the rear, because of the idiot behind you, then go right ahead and do this: You're traveling along at your usual safe speed, got a turd behind you, and has been there awhile; gently put on the brakes, for a second, then hit the brakes. (of course, you MUST have your seatbelt on, another one of my pet peeves, people with no seatbelts when they're driving.)
Hopefully they will realize, not to get too close. I wouldn't recommend this for everyone, but for the people tired of the tailgating crap.

Einstein

May 27, 2002
all drivers are either "idiots" because they drive way too slow or "maniacs" because they drive way too fast?
maniac...no it's still all under control :p

gently put on the brakes, for a second, then hit the brakes. Hopefully they will realize, not to get too close.

Rednecks who say this need to get the head out of their ass. Purposely making someone take evasive actions, just because you have an IQ of 12, is completely uncalled for. Let them pass you, give them enough room in front of you and don't piss them off enough to have more stupid decisions being made. The first stupid decision (the guy who's being tailgated) leads to another stupid decision (the tailgater getting around the morron)... This is how people get hurt or killed! :|

Use common sense people, but wait some don't have any.....

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Keep your relatives out of this, Einstein.
First off, the guy tailgating is the one braking the law. The law is written the way it is so that one can have ample time to manuever in any normal event involving the car in front of you. If you tailgate, you are breaking the law, and it is you that inhales profusely. Not to mention that by breaking that law you place others in danger. See, that is the point that you are the ass.
You may think you have full control...and THAT is probably the whole center of this controversy...but I fear your feable mind only fools you into believing you are under full control. I submit that if you are tailgating, you are far from in control.
There is not justification....it just aint there.
Sure, brake checking someone may not be the best move, but remember it is YOU who is initiating the conflict in that event. SO, if you get brake checked and eat bumper, you had it comming.

Last edited:

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Sure, brake checking someone may not be the best move, but remember it is YOU who is initiating the conflict in that event. SO, if you get brake checked and eat bumper, you had it comming.

I used to just think you were a jackass, no need to think about it anymore. Anyone who tries to cause a wreck has no right to be on the road. A brake check is a dirty move on the track on the road it's a scum bag move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom