mikromo

Jul 6, 2000
Weighed in this morning, no loss this week! Kind of bummed, but I was probably losing too fast to begin with. My goal was 2 - 3 lbs per week and I've lost 14 in 3 weeks. I'm sticking to my guns, and keeping with the healthy diet and exercise. Good luck everyone.

Lemonhead

Jan 31, 2002
47 yrs. old 5'10", 212#s 7% body fat, can bench press my DRZ400e, want to lose another 2% fat. I have a back ground in personal training. I use HIT ( High Intensity strength training) :cool:

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
No noticeable loss but wow!, my conditioning has improved greatly. i rode 5 hours in the slime at WhiteRock at 80% racepace with a few short breaks and did not get fatigued. Heart rate stays lower and overall I just rode better and stayed sharper. :)

mikromo

Jul 6, 2000
Well, another weeks gone by with no additional weight loss, but like 94ruck my overall conditioning has improved greatly. My plan is to scale back the calories this week some to see if I can break thru this phase of no loss. Last ride was really tight technical single track, and again I felt more in control and faster, and less muscle pain afterwards. So, at this time I think my overall program is working like I'd hoped. Still 34 more lbs to go till I'm at my ideal weight. Keep on keeping on everybody and we'll all be better for it!:)

E-WA

~SPONSOR~
Oct 15, 2001
I too have not lost any in the last 2 weeks, actually put on 2.(must be muscle) I will try something a little drastic to get me off this pleateau.:(

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Down 5 more to 222, I'm going to try and be at 210 by the first of March when I get my new 450 from AJ at Service Honda :) .

mikromo

Jul 6, 2000
Wohoo! Weighted in this morning down 4 more. Feels good after not losing any for 2 weeks. Up to 65 mins a day on the Nordic Trac, not planning on doing any more on that. 6 more to go to meet this months goal. Wish me luck! P.S. I've lost 4 inchs off my waist since Jan. 1!

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
I'm In if not too late!!!! \

You are a bunch of lightwieghts. I just started riding again with my son after a 10 year layoff.

Hieght: 6'-2"

Weight: 280

Body Fat: Plenty:whiner:

Goal:190 (was my race weight)

My problem is where I live, BEST FOOD IN THE WORLD!!!:p
I have one advantage my friend owns a gym and i have free membership;)
see ya at the scales:cool:

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
I am down to about 220. Conditioning improved..kinda reach a plateau and my joints are achin' somewhat(knee and wrists) from training but i think it has been worth it. I have gone to 12 hours at work standing up all day and climbing ladders which has both helped and hurt me.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Weight 195. Not really worried about my weight right now(from 220 to 195). Trying to add more muscle. Increasing my weights everyday I lift. One thing I started doing was keeping a record of everything I eat and what the calories are for the day. Amazing what it adds up to, and the things you can cut.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Ok, If I'm not too late to the party, I'd like to drop my hat into the arena! :)

I've ballooned up to 325-330 since I quit smoking 2 years ago.:( I was never tiny to begin with, but hitting the 300# mark was quite a bummer. I need to drop some tonage. I've been trying to eat more sensibly since the new year, and as of last week I am down (according to the Drs. scale) to 312 fully clothed.
Philip you are a lightweight too!:)

So, whaddya say can I sign up too?

Here's the tale of the tape:

height: 6' 3 "
weight: 312 (fully clothed) as of 2/14/02
Body Fat %: more than I want
Target: anything under 250 would be cool with me 210 would be perfect.

Last edited:

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Of course you can join up Mister, long time no talk. I'm down to 218, but my endurance and strength are way up, been doing a lot of swimming. How is everybody else doing, this is supposed to be a support group, so you have to check in and tell how you are doing good or bad!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Billy looked pretty fit at Indy. Dr. D better train hard this winter. :D

mikromo

Jul 6, 2000
Well, as of mon. I was down another lb to 209, thats 21 lbs since Jan. 2. People are starting to say nice things, which helps with the motivation. Our Missouri hare scramble series starts Sun. in Lebanon Mo, so I'm looking foward to seeing how my training effects my racing. I'm going for the win and there will be some tough competition out there this year. ( 50+ class)

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
50+ class!! I was 2nd last year in the vet clas(danged ol' spud whipped me), but i am training and looking forward to Sunday. I hear a lot of guys are jumping into the vet class this year.
Did you ride last year and if so how did you finish. Did you go to the banquet.
My son and I ride(my kid was the KTM 65 that had batman on his back)he rode most of the races(not columbia or knob knoster because of the extreme mud).He is jumping up to an 80 this year and really wants me to build him a short 100 so he can reach the ground and still be competive.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'm down to 218,
218? Pretty good Billy. I saw 218 once. . . I think I was in preschool.;) :) Actually my sophomore year in college I got down to 215. If I could see anything close to that I'd be pleased as punch!;):)
I've been thinking about doing the Atkins plan. Anone else try this plan? It looks like it might be right for me. Just cutting back isn't going to get me to where I want to be. I need to say goodbye to the crackers and the chips.

I can't wait until I'm no longer a member of the 300+ club. Thanks everyone for giving me the impetus to try to change.

Last edited:

mikromo

Jul 6, 2000
Hey there 94ruck, where do you live? I only ran 3 Mo series races last year, because I ran almost all of the pro-motion series( Kansas ). I havent decided which series to concentrate on this year, but Mo starts much earlier, so if nothing else it gets me in the racing frame of mind early in the year. Come over and say hello at Lebenon, I'll be in a F 150 super crew (red) puling a 12' white enclosed trailer. I'll be camping Sat night at the track, so stop by and say Hi. I'm Mike, and my buddy Barry will be with me. Hope to see you there!:cool:

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
I am up here in Liberty... I will also be camping at the trackand drive and F-250 crewcab.(blue and grey) and will be pulling a 26 foot tailgator camper. I have a buddy who has an identical trailer but he drives a chevy.:scream:

B

biglou

Oh, here goes.

I'm jumping in. "CANNONBALL!" Watch out now, you little ones. I have delayed the inevitable long enough. Did a pretty good job last fall. Dropped about 23 pounds on the BFL program. Swore that after DirtWeek I'd get back at it and be ready to stink up the beginner class again this year. That was almost six months ago, and racing starts next Sunday!:scream:
I've also managed to find every single one of those 23 lbs. that I lost. "Look, inside that cheese cake. There's one! And that double whopper, there's another one!":silly:

The stats: 36 years old. 6' tall. 250 lbs. in my drawers:ugg:, or "draws" as Papakeith says! :D Body fat unknown, but I'm reasonably sure it's a bit too much. Call it a hunch.

The goals: 220lbs. will get me $100 from Agent Orange in what is probably the longest-running bet in fat guy history. sub-200 would be a dream come true.

The party starts monday. Until then, chocolate malteds and super-sized fries it is!:aj:

Top Bottom