FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Just get the route sheet Magoo and I'll post it up. After trying to burn my thumb off in a raditor cap incident at the Moose Run yesterday I'm not sure I'll be there. Hopefully the burn will heel enough so I can get my thumb in a glove so I can come up.

I think I'm finally done racing the Moose Run, it was just plain gnarly. Anyone that has every thought the LM was hard better not even attempt to ride the Moose Run!

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
FlyinRyan said:
Just get the route sheet Magoo and I'll post it up. After trying to burn my thumb off in a raditor cap incident at the Moose Run yesterday I'm not sure I'll be there. Hopefully the burn will heel enough so I can get my thumb in a glove so I can come up.
OUCH! Burns suck! Hope ya heal up quick!

FlyinRyan said:
I think I'm finally done racing the Moose Run, it was just plain gnarly. Anyone that has every thought the LM was hard better not even attempt to ride the Moose Run!
Jeff Fredette rode the LM trail with Gusse a couple of years ago... sure cracked us up when Jeff thought out loud, "just imagine what Gusse could do with this terrain...!"

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
Yes we have a enduro, or something First we will be using the restart format. Its to bad you will not come shagy because we have a route for all riders. A B or C. I have not been doing enduro's very long but I remember you went to a enduro there was 1 course 1 route sheet you rode if you did not finish you tried harder at the next one. and still had fun and still doing them. Heck we now have 3 courses in the same event. A superseniors will ride the B course just to make scoreing easier. I will say if you don't come you will miss a good one every body will have fun.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
"Loose Moose is Sunday with a 9am keytime. Will be run as a traditional timekeeper -- get your computers out"
So which is it?
Don

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
nzambon said:
Yes we have a enduro, or something First we will be using the restart format. Its to bad you will not come shagy because we have a route for all riders. A B or C. I have not been doing enduro's very long but I remember you went to a enduro there was 1 course 1 route sheet you rode if you did not finish you tried harder at the next one. and still had fun and still doing them. Heck we now have 3 courses in the same event. A superseniors will ride the B course just to make scoreing easier. I will say if you don't come you will miss a good one every body will have fun.
I heard that you will be handing out popsicles & ballons at all the checks this year.

DW

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I am sure the overall winner will not zero the course and the winner of the Super Senior class will drop more than three points. Looking forward to a fun weekend in the UP.
Magoo, an advanced copy of the route sheet would be GREAT!

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Don Marsh said:
"Loose Moose is Sunday with a 9am keytime. Will be run as a traditional timekeeper -- get your computers out"
So which is it?
Don
Good catch!
Will be a timekeeper with a restart thrown in to give the B/C riders some extra rest while the A Riders amuse themselves on their test section. ;)

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
So f&s how do you know that the overall won't zero the course! Heck this is as pussified as you can get. The sand baggers should really clean up.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
"Heck this is as pussified as you can get"
Nick, I thought the Dale Carnegie course in human relations was working...........wrong again. :)

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
Don after several days of hard work engineering a totally new course seeing many club members work on new trail in everything from 38 degrees and rain to 90 and muggy its quite normal to have a attitude but heck you won't come anymore because its to tough for you. So for F&S to say the overall will zero it maybe humorus to some but for me I hope that this is the last LM. because I just want to go camp ride and complain.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Don Marsh said:
"Heck this is as pussified as you can get"
Nick, I thought the Dale Carnegie course in human relations was working...........wrong again. :)
If you want ole Nick's Dale Carnegie course to take effect you must first extract the pole that is lodged up his azz! hehehe

Your azzhole freind,
DW

PS. Nick, I would like my ballon to bare skull & bone's and toss my popsicle into the bushes. :cool:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We really did miss you Nick....the reference to the scores was from my review of a recent D16 event...I think they called it Ruff E Nuff.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Nick,
I have worked putting on an enduro and know where the attitudes come from, the most complaints come from people who don't feel the need to help out! :laugh:
Don

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
UP Magoo said:
Calm down, boys! :bang:

Everyone's gonna have a fine time at the LM! :cool:
Naw its more fun stirring da pot eh! It will lead to more colorful conversations upon group arrival. :cool:

PS. Nick will you be joining us for dinner?...

DW

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
This is always such a colorful topic and the race has not even begun!

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Fred T said:
This is always such a colorful topic and the race has not even begun!
I think the talk about the event is tougher than the event itself! :ohmy:

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
DW sure I'll eat with you. Although I will miss FLeddys ckiken but hey maybe don will have some cake. Have'nt eaten with any azzholes yet this year but eh we have been liven large in the GLORIUS UP. Working on the only new enduro this year.

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
It's so new I bet you guys could call it the "More Taste, Less Filling Enduro" or the "Easier Than Your Last Girlfriend To Ride Enduro." :) Hey everbody, lets help the Sandstormers with their new enduro promotional slogan! The "So Easy You'll Still Finish With That Great Clean Scent Enduro." Any other slogans for this loving group of fine YOOPERS?

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
To answer a few questions that have been asked a lot:

Sign up is Sat nite 6-8pm and Sunday morning 7-8am. Keytime is 9am. Cost is $40. Need to be an AMA member -- can get membership at the race if needed. A Riders 60 miles, B riders 50 miles, C riders 42 miles. Two gas availables at separate locations (not staging), we will have two gas trailers (one for each gas). Route sheet available at midwestenduros.com. Bike needs to be less than 96 db and have a spark arrestor. Don't need to be street legal.

Directions: From Marquette, go south on Cty Rd 553 (McClellan Ave) about 8 miles to Cty Rd 480. Go west on 480 about two miles, turn south on gravel road to staging area. There will be arrows from corner of 553 and 480 to the staging area.

Top Bottom