bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Is the Sat 6pm sign-up at Holiday Inn or at Staging?
Is the A course same as B +10 miles at the end?
Can B riders ride the extra 10 if they wanted to?

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
All sign up is at staging.
B riders get an extra long reset early in the enduro while the A riders go off for their special test.
B riders can ride it if they want to, but due to their delayed restart for that section, they'll be REALLY late....

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Ok I'll enjoy my extra long break! I think that's good that you give them the tough stuff early on before they are whipped.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
bbarel said:
Ok I'll enjoy my extra long break!
Helmet head, just think....With your long break you can sit down and eat a whole bag of potato chips then put the bag over your head :cool:

DW

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Nope.
D-14 Rule 12 states AA #'s are to be assigned at "D-14 only events" -- our club is D-16 so we go by their rules.

PoeBrian

Oct 10, 2002
Reading LM threads are more entertaining than reading Dirt Rider! I laugh way more!!! Funny how this version of the press has made this event into a Freddy Kreuger Horror film. Not very realistic!!!

How will minutes be assigned at sign up? First come first choice or luck of the draw?

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
DW I'm going to stop and pick some berries on my way to the first reset to have for a snack. This easy should allow plenty of spare time for berry picking. I don't think the bag would fit over my helmet anyway.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001

Last edited:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
UP Magoo said:
. Two gas availables at separate locations (not staging), we will have two gas trailers (one for each gas). .

Jeff - I see on the route sheet there is a total of 3 gas availables - one of which is on the C/Masters only section (51.96 miles) - is that one back at staging then?

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
tdunn976 said:
Some how some way I'll be there. Riding who knows what!
:nod:

TD, you find a ride yet? The 300 is available as allways. 250F would like to do Marquette but I'm tied up for the weekend and to chicken to ride. Sooooo, if you agree to not ghost it up or down or do any other D Marsh tricks, its prepped and ready to ride, your choice. No time to remove the auto clutch so you'd have to live with that. Flight to Ohio early tomorrow so if you would like to try the 250f give Don a call and work out the details. He has my cell #.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
bbarel said:
DW I'm going to stop and pick some berries
Oh I'm sure you'll be pick'n your berries....Probably scratching your head at the same time too. Your parents should have just bought some goldfish! ;)

DW

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
PoeBrian said:
How will minutes be assigned at sign up? First come first choice or luck of the draw?
Luck of the draw! :cool:

KTM Mike said:
Jeff - I see on the route sheet there is a total of 3 gas availables - one of which is on the C/Masters only section (51.96 miles) - is that one back at staging then?

Oops! Sorry, that is a typo! 51.96 is a RESET for the C riders and Masters only.
Two gas availables for everybody, at 29.30 and at 64.96, neither is at staging.

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Magoo, D16 does not have a AA class. I would say stick the AA's in some sort of group so we aren't all spread out.

I have the route sheets on my site in both PDF and Excel in case you guys don't have them already.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
"ghost it up or down or do any other D Marsh tricks"
Hey I represent that remark..........
You sure can tell who you freinds are when they are hiding behind a keyboard...
Don

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Bring on the hot weather conditioning............
Saturday Night through Monday
Partly cloudy. Lows 48 to 53. Highs around 71 at the shore to 74 to 79 inland.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I remember at Roselawn, Maggo assured me I would have fun if I came up.......
Don

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
slowone said:
Undies in a wad, work to put on a enduro? Heck, it doesn't take any work to put on one of those enduro thingies does it? :p
slowone said:
It's so new I bet you guys could call it the "More Taste, Less Filling Enduro" or the "Easier Than Your Last Girlfriend To Ride Enduro." Hey everbody, lets help the Sandstormers with their new enduro promotional slogan! The "So Easy You'll Still Finish With That Great Clean Scent Enduro." Any other slogans for this loving group of fine YOOPERS?
slowone said:
Magoo didn't leave out the sand pounded up your azz, minus the vaseline part of the fun, did he?
Hey, slowone, just wondering what I (or the Sandstormers) have ever done to you?
We're trying to put on a good enduro, and of course there's some good natured ribbing going on between us. But, I noticed you haven't had anything to say but trying to egg people on into a flame war.... what gives?

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Just ribbing on my part. I wasn't trying to offend you or your group Magoo.

I am not trying to be defensive, but in response to the enduro thingy comment, it was very much tongue in cheek. I grew up around LMC, with a several year hiatus from my late teens through mid 20's. I understand and greatly appreciate the amount of work and coordination that takes place in order to make an enduro happen. I don't know if I would consider this comment good natured, but ribbing none the less.

Now the naming the enduro part of my commentary may have been juvenile, but much of the talk by your group is in relation to it being an "EASY." Too many people complained so the Loose Moose was made more user friendly. Or at least you guys claim it will be easier! ;) I actually thought some of you might get a chuckle out of naming the enduro because it has been "pussified." All I was doing was ribbing and firing back a little sarcasm because of the only new enduro and pussified comment by nzambon. I know LMC did a lot of work the last few years, working in what the DNR people call compartments, on laying out new trail. Now the event may not be totally new, I'm sure the Loose Moose isn't either, but our club is doing the best that we can to put on a quality event and I felt a little offended with the "only new enduro" comment. I apologize if I offended you with the name calling of your event.

The sand pounded up your azz comment was just a smart azzed comment. The Loose Moose has a reputation as being tough and I know Don expects the event to be challenging, so I threw the comment out. This was a comment directed toward the apprehension, some I am sure are feeling, as to the difficulty of this years Loose Moose. It was in know way directed towards you or your clubs character or ability in putting on an enduro. Any group that attempts to put on an enduro good or bad deserves praise in my opinion. Again, sorry if I offended you. Honestly, I wish your club the best with your event this year and am glad to read that an attempt is being made by your group to rectify some of the riders perceived issues with the run. On that note, good luck to all workers and riders, hope everyone enjoys their day. I wasn't trying to be an azzhole and none of my comments were directed at you or your clubs character.

Whew, I don't explain my comments to my wife in this detailed of a fashion. :blah:

Top Bottom